• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HEROES -> SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Okay, now I'm actually using a computer. Remind me never to post from my cellphone ever again.

So basically, what Kainzo was saying. Rename the position to something like Contractor, or the class to something like Builder, and simply disassociate the two. If current Architects get special permissions, bring that in through the system that does donors/mayors, and have the class completely separate.

Also, I was reading the description for Fireball. Instead of typing the name of a specific person, can you maybe work in the long-reach mod and have whatever person/mob is targeted and right-clicked take damage? More projectile-y, though I don't know how difficult it would be.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
What will become of Donor perks like sneak, chest shops, and integrated circuits. Will they simply be removed from donation perks? Will they have access regardless of their class?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Another wolf question. If we have a pet (or multiple pets) and try to switch to a different world (i.e. normal to FFA), will the wolves come with us?

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
I feel like the mage classes should get blink. All of the other classes have some kind of escape or mobility mechanism, such as charge, sneak, or movement increases. Mages have none at all. I realize that mages are supposed to be high damage-dealers but weak and vulnerable, but a complete lack of mobility or escape mechanism makes them...well...too vulnerable.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm sorry if this has been answered already but will we be able to change classes once we've picked one? Obviously we shouldn't be able to switch class at will but maybe every couple of days we can change type deal?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I think that sticking with Vagrant should get you something awesome if you max it out. some kind of epic passive skill?

A Geomancer class could be fun. Consuming lots of assorted blocks for various effects. Leaf block -> Heal self. Stone block -> like 2 hearts damage. Lapis block -> Cause target to start drowning. On dry land. :3

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
s3nse said:
I feel like the mage classes should get blink. All of the other classes have some kind of escape or mobility mechanism, such as charge, sneak, or movement increases. Mages have none at all. I realize that mages are supposed to be high damage-dealers but weak and vulnerable, but a complete lack of mobility or escape mechanism makes them...well...too vulnerable.

I'll look into this - though Blink is a spell - we may have some sort of "shadow step" ability.

and yes - to the below poster - you will be able to /hero reset profession - for X amount of coin.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Comments of browsing version 0.25 (yes, I know it's not final, and creepers will hunt you down IRL if you comment on this fact).

Warrior
? Paladin
o Layhands is interesting, offering an “oh-shit” skill with a long cooldown. Combining Charge with Soulfire for sneak attacks will be a primary tactic for this class, I feel. The shock of seeing that ‘on fire’ animation will probably stun the players long enough for the Paladin to finish the job.
? Dreadknight
o This one is interesting, mainly because its first skill is a damage dealer with a long cooldown. Even with the life steal of skill two, I don’t know if it offsets Harmtouch for someone wanting to do damage, especially for only wielding a gold sword.
? Dragoon
o A thief’s dream. Super-jump, and a speed boost/safe fall. Also worth noting that this warrior that has no damage skill, only movement augmentations and a passive stun.
? Samurai
o The class for people who like to spam “Come fight me on the South Road!!!11!” It needs to get that Mortalwould in fast as to quickly finish the job before bladegrasp wears off. Mortal wound is in a way a damage skill, because it damages the player for all the food they would of eaten.

Rogue
? Ninja
o I feel the ninja is decently balanced. High damage/low armor with 2 ways to hide, but will die very quickly against a foe who knows they are there and uses Revenge at the wrong time. Also, Star will have to be worth it to use over bows due to the mana cost of it compared to arrows
? Ranger
o Track is awesome. Firearrow sounds fun. Barrage is… weird. I understand why it can’t be “shoot x arrows at once”, but turning the area around you into a pincushion doesn’t sound very effective. I’ll only see this skill being moderately useful in crowds in FFA, but it depends on the cost of arrows for the skill (i.e. 1 arrow for the skill, or 1 arrow for each you shoot).
? Beastmaster
o Lots of wolves, sweet! 20 minutes speed boost, sexy! Aw crap, my wolves all just jumped into the lava. Low personal offence/defense which makes sense being a pet class, however that AI of the wolves makes this one a hard one to pick for anything other than fighting in open areas, in which case they will be seen a chunk away. I’d still prefer the skill 3 to heal all of your tamed wolves.
? Thief
o For stealing from players, as opposed to from towns like the Dragoon. Pair it up with a ranger for maximum efficiency. Concerns are mostly around the stun. If it prevents you from eating, as well as attacking and moving, then it will be almost impossible to defend against. However, it is counterbalanced by having no movement buffs. Just keep running, and you’ll be fine! Chest trap seems more like a ‘ha-ha I blew you up!’ skill than a legit tactic. It would be easier to just kill a player than get the materials for TNT, hope they pick your chest, and hope the effort was worth it. Good for flavor, not sure about practicality (unless it 1-shots them in which case the flavor value overrides any possible practicality issues)

Mage
? Elementalist
o Seems fairly straightforward, I assume Frostnova will be an AoE slow. Lavashield puts me in the same mindset of the Paladin. The fire animation will make the other player panic, allowing the mage time to maneuver or escape. Only concern here is availability of snow.
? Wizard
o “Crap, sorry about your arm. I swear I’ll teleport it with you next time.” The tactical uses of this class will have no end, and only 2 of the skills have been listed so far. Infilitration and escape all in one handy package. My only concern will be that wizards will get into a spell dungeon and then teleport all their buddies there.
? Necromancer
o Not enough skills to comment, other than the skeleton will have some huge friendly-fire issues.
? Enchanter
o Well, okay, useful support, especially if quicken allows others to move faster. Another water-breathing skill, ok. I don’t know, this class doesn’t excite me as overly useful. The only thing I see it good for at the moment is charming creepers.

Healer
In general, I hope bandage is not self targeting.
? Cleric
o Good for soloing. Stone kills most mobs in a couple hits, and has skills that compliment soloing well (and diamond armor!) Revive adds that extra team support, good for dungeons, although not so useful in the middle of a battle unless the person can loot their tombstone fast enough.
? Priest
o Skill 1 as revive… not sure how I feel about this, especially if skill useage denotes class experience. Expensive and shiny armor will make them stick out like a giant ‘Kill Me!’ target. Can’t comment further until skills are posted.
? Bloodmage
o I find it odd that the Bloodmage can use Iron swords where the Dreadknight can not, especially when one considers the cooldown of Harmtouch. I guess this falls under ‘healer’ because they can heal themselves, but it doesn’t seem to fit with the theme of the others in this category.
? Monk
o Compare Safefall to Dragon, both effects and durations. That is all (unless reagents for Dragon are hella rare compared to safefall)

Crafter
? Only class group that can use diamond tools, which makes perfect sense. My only comment here is that for the person who doesn’t want to deal with reagents and skills, the Architect is a venerable tank being able to wield both diamond armor and weapons. The smith also makes a good choice for combat as well, since it can repair that diamond armor it wears.

Final comment:
I think skills should be set so each one has a two letter command. For example, instead of /drainsoul x, it would be /ds x. Having to type it out put those of us who don’t want to buy a fancy maco-mouse at a disadvantage.

Thorin937

Air
Dreadknights seem cool but dont u think they should at least be able to use steel or Iron? Seems kinda underpowered using a golden weapon and having long cooldown spells unless they take away a ton of hearts. oh and wouldn't it kinda make since for smiths to use diamond axes instead of spades because it makes more sense for them to use axes to chop wood to repair but idk how a spade fits into being a smith. Also I think it could be really interesting to gives one of the rogue special classes a passive that lets u do 120% dmg when attacking from behind.

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
Im wondering kainzo how do you intend on tackling the PvP lag, because at the moment it gets very bad and thats without things like fire bolts and 360 arrow barrage?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The "armor/weapons" go "up to" the stated tier of armor/weapon - so Gold would encompass wood/stone/iron & gold.

Also very nice post Alator - It's good to get an outsiders perspective ;)

Combat lag is a Minecraft issue - we'll try to have "arena" matches on a separate server with 20 person cap and no monsters.

These are rough drafts for reasons :D

Azuru

Wood
I got an idea for the dragoon.

Is it possible to increase / change the high you can jump for just a class or some player? And i dont mean a skill to do it... just the normal jump everyone can do.

And it would be cool, if the jumphigh depends on the time pressing jump (like in super mario xD) because jump always max high would be annoying...

that + safefall would be nice

Sorry for my bad english *gomennasai* xD

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Thorin937 said:
oh for some reason i thought it went wood, gold, stone, iron srry

Same, haha.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah, according to Minecraft's wiki, wood and gold have the same damage rating.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Weapon

Thorin937

Air
ya thats where my thinking came from alator but it would be nice if gold could do a lot of dmg but break easily would also make smiths wanted a lot :icon_biggrin:

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo said:
I'll look into this - though Blink is a spell - we may have some sort of "shadow step" ability.

Perhaps you'd be willing to share a smidge of your magic compass? One click for one batch of reagents?

Also:
Alator said:
I think skills should be set so each one has a two letter command. For example, instead of /drainsoul x, it would be /ds x. Having to type it out put those of us who don’t want to buy a fancy maco-mouse at a disadvantage.

May I introduce you to this? Binding keys has never been easier, I assure you!

Edit: one more thing
DanVonTrap said:
Im wondering kainzo how do you intend on tackling the PvP lag, because at the moment it gets very bad and thats without things like fire bolts and 360 arrow barrage?

TURN BASED COMBAT WOOOOOOOO