• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HEROES -> SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
EXP BAR!
20110426-2gu-54kb.jpg

Justaz101

Glowing Redstone
Doreagarde said:
Alator said:
I think skills should be set so each one has a two letter command. For example, instead of /drainsoul x, it would be /ds x. Having to type it out put those of us who don’t want to buy a fancy maco-mouse at a disadvantage.

May I introduce you to this? Binding keys has never been easier, I assure you!
Except mods don't work for some people.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Justaz101 said:
Doreagarde said:
Alator said:
I think skills should be set so each one has a two letter command. For example, instead of /drainsoul x, it would be /ds x. Having to type it out put those of us who don’t want to buy a fancy maco-mouse at a disadvantage.

May I introduce you to this? Binding keys has never been easier, I assure you!
Except mods don't work for some people.

People like myself at the moment, but I'm trying hard to fix my issue. Considering how easy it's been up until this point, I shouldn't be upset if I have to put a little work into it this time around.

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
that experience bar is awesome. also, which skill currently work, i tried /skill jump and it didn't do anything, then when i tried it again it said jump still has to cool down. is it just that the actual skills haven't been implemented or what?

A

Alente1

Elmeerkat said:
that experience bar is awesome. also, which skill currently work, i tried /skill jump and it didn't do anything, then when i tried it again it said jump still has to cool down. is it just that the actual skills haven't been implemented or what?

If I recall rightly Jump was bugged until about an hour ago, the update hasn't been pushed yet though.

Elmeerkat

Legacy Supporter 4
Josh said:
Elmeerkat said:

If I recall rightly Jump was bugged until about an hour ago, the update hasn't been pushed yet though.

thanks! so is jump like rocket or like blink?

Elmeerkat said:
Josh said:
Elmeerkat said:

pumpapa

Glowing Redstone
Elmeerkat said:

like a Rocket :)

i have been testing for a while now.

i am a lvl 26 Crafter.

Kainzo said i can be Architect at lvl 20 and i tried it but it didnt work, so that's a bug.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
What happened to Treasure Hunter specialization for rogue? T__T

So I already made myself a Rogue, thinking I would eventually become a Treasure Hunter. Now that it's not an option, can I switch to Warrior?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yep - you can switch. Also - nothing is in stone - this is a "rough" setup. It's ever changing for my personal balance beliefs - etc.

Treasurehunter & Thief = same thing - in my mind, BASTARD THIEVES!

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
well, maybe it's the same in your mind, in mine too, but not for profession:

treasure hunter: profession to find treasure (and chests from others) = what i do as robber
thief:
-stun, i don't care, i don't plan on stunning people, i want chests
-chesttrap, why would i trap a chest? i want to FIND chest, not hiding mines
-seeing people inventory, i'm not a freaking assassin, i'm a thief, i don't follow people to kill and loot them, i broke into their house to steal from it

i planned to be a treasure hunter, but i can't, so i may be a thief, cause, i'm a robber, but this profession is useless for me
so i'll be ranger: locating people for bounty, magic arrow, usefull profession for me, and still rogue so i keep my /sneak for robbing

edit: btw, how a beastmaster, with a horde of wolves, can be a sneaky rogue? it mean no sense

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's more a naming issue - than anything - not to mention we're restricted by the code in doing certain things.

Thief & Treasurehunter, by nature are the same thing - I consider the Ninja more of a "killer" than the Thief.

Perhaps a rename for the Thief to Treasurehunter - but it's the same thing. We'll migrate some abilities to Ninja from the Thief and try to find some nice ways to compensate. However.... A "mug" ability for the Thief will allow you to steal items from people by hitting them with a "bucket" or something similar.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
carmeops said:
edit: btw, how a beastmaster, with a horde of wolves, can be a sneaky rogue? it mean no sense

Rogue's don't HAVE to be sneaky. Just always dirty and under handed. And wolves? Very dirty and underhanded.

As for the thief/treasurehunter similarity It's not as appealing without /locatechest that's why I wanted it.(without it I'd rather be a Dragoon and just jump everywhere with my lance of justice :D) I would use chest traps in my own house, that's clever, but that's not treasure hunting, that's playing defensive. I think there should be an entire profession for trap making! However, giving the trap setting skill to the profession that is most likely to fall for it is strange.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Dielan9999 said:
I would use chest traps in my own house, that's clever, but that's not treasure hunting, that's playing defensive. I think there should be an entire profession for trap making! However, giving the trap setting skill to the profession that is most likely to fall for it is strange.

I think it fits in quite well with the thief class (can't have your associates taking what you rightfully stole), but I like the idea of a "Fortifier" class, to set up traps in and around people's buildings. Depending on what integrated circuits we get, the engineer could fulfill this role.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
well, i said "sneaky" for beastmaster, cause all rogues got /sneak! why a beastmaster with a lot of loudy wolves would use a sneak command?

and for thief/treasure hunter stuff, it's not a matter of name, it's just.. the ability this profession get isn't any thief/treasure related at all...

like trapchest, it look more like a crafter stuff, why not for alchemist? cause they got pretty useless stuff: changing oath to birch/pine when we got birch/pine sapling is totally vein, smelting fast ores... well, i never really tough melting stuff was so annoying, you put your stuff in a lwc furnace and do something else...
alchemist could, for exemple make poison and use it to trap items like chest/button/pressure plate/doors instead of giving this ability to thief

why not giving alchemist the right to use cauldron instead of everybody too?

and, instead of muting ore into smelted, it could be awesome to do the opposite: muting mats to their ore version, like 5redstone to a redstone ore, diamond to diamond block, thing we can't have without a mod!

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Just for your information, the Engineer IS the trapping class. It will have the ability to make ICs, like the arrow barrage and such.

As for the alchemist being able to make bars back to ores would be a cool thing, just fastmelting isnt really that useful.

About cauldron, having just alchemists being able to use them would be a bit overkill on that class imo. Cauldrons are currently extremely powerful when it comes to getting hard to get materials. Perhaps having all crafters being the only ones able to do it could be an idea, but they already have chest shops. Lets not force everyone to be a crafter. (even though I ofcourse is going to be one due to my lack of interest in PvP)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'll be taking a look over and make the necessary changes - its on the list of things to do but not high on the list of things to do - understand? ;)