• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft & You

Sleaker

Retired Staff
it's about items we add in the future, almost all of your games item database has a theme, i simplified it visually, also, the power of T4 armor would only be relevant to T4vT4 combat.

not sure if we'll be able to do something this advanced even. We'll have to see what the enchanting system and the armor revamp allows us to do.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
well, in any case, if we could get armors with transparencies that allow us to randomize loot and crafted items, that'd expand the amount of content we'd have for crafting alone. like even aesthetic clothes, such as a 'green tunic' or whatnot.

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
I think each class should has own 4 or 5 sets of armor. Unique dungeon epic rare items would be sweet. More ores? Horses? Adding like a new item like a customizable flag would be cool. More hostile mobs, maybe a few more passives. I assume there would be tons more skills since you're limit isnt what's possible in a plugin. Better party system? My number 1 really would be better GUI, like a health bar and all your parties health bars and class on the screen, similar to Guild wars, definatly mana bar, sleepiness? coldness? I am sure are amazing coders can come up with stuff better than I.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think each class should has own 4 or 5 sets of armor. Unique dungeon epic rare items would be sweet. More ores? Horses? Adding like a new item like a customizable flag would be cool. More hostile mobs, maybe a few more passives. I assume there would be tons more skills since you're limit isnt what's possible in a plugin. Better party system? My number 1 really would be better GUI, like a health bar and all your parties health bars and class on the screen, similar to Guild wars, definatly mana bar, sleepiness? coldness? I am sure are amazing coders can come up with stuff better than I.

That's alot of content :confused:

I don't know if HC is ready for that lol

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
Say we made each color represent a different element of combat which is a visually simple way to make things work.
primary colors -->
Red, +Melee dmg
Yellow +Ranged dmg
Blue +Magic dmg

With a theme? Tier 2 armors could use hybrid colors. Bright and Dark versions, which swap which color they focus on.
+melee dmg, -magic dmg C
+magic dmg, -melee dmg C

+melee dmg, -ranged dmg C
+ranged dmg, -melee dmg C

+magic dmg, -ranged dmg C

+ranged dmg, -magic dmg C

As a side note, this only incorporates 'magic' into one field, but we have caster dps and healers so, we could do;

+heals, -ranged dmg C
+heals, -melee dmg C We could use these; 3 variations of a cyanish blue color.
+heals, -magic dmg C

meleerangedcaster.png

Other Secondary colors
Brown, Light Brown, Dark Brown, Gray, Silver, Dark Gray, Light Gray, Gold, Light Gold, Tan,
uniques, rares, plain items
prismatic and no color
White, Black

NOTE:

I'd also like to suggest that T1 gear have things that only are like +1 armor +1 dmg.

and that T2 gearing would have things that are like +3 armor +2 melee dmg, -1 magic dmg.

I'd like to take note that the 'armor' values should be either A) durability or B) all damage taken reduced by %.

It's best that we should do like 10 armor = 10%, such that,

50 head 5 ingot
80 chest 8 ingot
70 leg 7 ingot
40 feet 4 ingot

armor = 240
So, |
ARMOR / 240 = % dmg reduced.

Say your armor altogether added 120 'armor' in the client, this would result in 50% dmg reduced from all sources. (except drowning.)

DAMAGE REDUCTION:
240 armor=100.00% Kainzo is Invulnerable. You are Kainzo.
210 armor=87.50% Admin-Only
120 armor=50.00% Mod-Only
90 armor=37.50% Tier 4 (expansion-like stuff (new tools/crafting methods))
60 armor=25.00% Tier 3 (premium stuff (super advanced crafting))
30 armor=12.50% Tier 2 (member items (advanced crafting))
15 armor=6.25% Tier 1 (member items (crafted))
7 armor=3.125% Tier 1 (introductory items)

EDIT2:

armorthemes.png

The grey area within the armor would be colored via palletes that are pre-defined based on resources used to craft it.

Or, it comes fully colored in, as a rare drop from a dungeon it would simply be like a X_CLASS here Y_quality based on Z_difficulty type reward?

Obviously the armors would be done differently, and I drew the farmer dude out of sheer boredom, its not even a real skin for MC. and uh.. yeah. Just sayin' - it's doable.
lol dielan that's a lot! And he's had multiple other suggestions, so mine isn't as much as you think.
EDIT: Heroes doesnt need sleepiness and cold though, which are 2 things I suggested

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
lol thanks raz for quoting Xexo! I didn't see that page at all XD

I think that what xexo said is completely possible, but not until after the official release of minecraft /w the modding API.

agentjwall

Godly
I think this may have been suggested in the past but one way we could incentivize players to PvP for exp. is to scale the amount you get based on a multiplier. so for every 5 kills without a death will yield an extra 10% exp.

for example let's say a kill is 50 Exp.
kills 1-4: 50 exp. each
kills 5-9: 55 exp. each
Kills 10-14: 60.5 exp. each

Or something along those lines... Just throw'n ideas out there ^.-

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think this may have been suggested in the past but one way we could incentivize players to PvP for exp. is to scale the amount you get based on a multiplier. so for every 5 kills without a death will yield an extra 10% exp.

for example let's say a kill is 50 Exp.
kills 1-4: 50 exp. each
kills 5-9: 55 exp. each
Kills 10-14: 60.5 exp. each

Or something along those lines... Just throw'n ideas out there ^.-

I am 100% for this. I mean, we already display killing sprees. Why not grant bonuses based on them?

For example, without this implemented, I could go kill 4 people for 30x4 exp, and I will probably die, lose my diamond axe and two stacks of arrows, and wake up in my bed in Shin Kyoto. That's no fun right?

I'd much rather go kill six endermen (with ease) for 54 exp each. Being a beastmaster no single mob can defeat me, so leveling up via mobs is very effective for me. I'd be more inclined to PVP if doing well/getting kill streaks gave me a boost in the exp.

I'm assuming such a boost won't work if you have been killing the same person in a very short period of time, to avoid bed camping exp, but short enough so that taking over a town, and having the people keep running out of their homes and attacking you will give you killstreaks and bonus exp still. It's their own fault for doing that amirite?

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm soooo excited these ideas sound so awesome. If even some of them were implemented It would make herocraft so much more fun

agentjwall

Godly
Hmm, I just realized the kill steak system could be easily abused (running around an killing low level players for massive exp.). Instead maybe exp. per kill is based on the kill steak of the victim. Chances are better players have higher kill steaks so the better they are. Because of this you essentially calculate the exp. value for each player based on their individual skill in combat (maybe other variables could be thrown in like K/D spread to make it more accurate 0.O).

player skill=kill streaks gained

kill streaks gained=exp. earned

Therefore:
player skill=exp. earned

Tl,DR
exp. gained should be based on you opponents skill as a PvPer

Upb34t

Legacy Supporter 3
Hmm, I just realized the kill steak system could be easily abused (running around an killing low level players for massive exp.). Instead maybe exp. per kill is based on the kill steak of the victim. Chances are better players have higher kill steaks so the better they are. Because of this you essentially calculate the exp. value for each player based on their individual skill in combat (maybe other variables could be thrown in like K/D spread to make it more accurate 0.O).

player skill=kill streaks gained

kill streaks gained=exp. earned

Therefore:
player skill=exp. earned

Tl,DR
exp. gained should be based on you opponents skill as a PvPer

Wouldn't it be easier if the XP is calculated based on their level?!

Let's say we'd have a formula for the XP like this:
(If the victim hasn't speced yet):

(LVL/3)^(1/2)*10 = XP.
The XP would range from ca. 5.773 XP for killing an (unspeced) lvl 1 to 40.4145 XP for killing an (unspeced) lvl 49

(If the victim has speced):
(LVL/3)^(1/2)*15+32 = XP.
That means you'd get 40.6602 XP for killing a speced lvl 1 and 93.2372XP for killing a speced lvl 50.

That would give a shitload of XP for pvping (I do know that the formual gives a bit less XP for killing unspeced Players than you get when killing mobs, but it gives a lot more XP when killing speced.) A speced lvl 7 Player would already give more XP than slaying an enderman (Killing speced lvl 7 Player = 54.9128 XP), plus you get all his stuff.

-> Example XP: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlnPlQiZKNZUdDlleTJUMmZmN0JmSUdMX05sR0NlclE

TL;DR: I'm not convinced that basing XP on killstreaks is a good idea, because killing a Crafter would usually result in almost no XP. XP based on lvl would work a lot better imo.

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
I love the idea of having class forums. The wikis are outdated, and frankly, the /h chat is often incorrect as well. I ask questions and get multiple answers. I don't mind to contribute to the caster forum (at least wizard spec).

Also, I would love to be able to use iron shovels as a caster. I can use an iron pick but not an iron shovel??? I'm just confused as to the arbitrary restriction here...using an iron shovel doesn't grant me any new abilities the way using diamond picks allows you to harvest obsidian, etc. I know I'm a physically weak wizard - but how come I can use an iron pick to destroy stone but not an iron shovel to destroy dirt? :)

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
Don't bitch about the wiki being outdated. If it is go fix it
most comon users DO not know how to edit a wiki. let alone get the right info in there.
besides there is a thread on this already..... there are plans to update it.

CHILL PILL DANDA.. ;)

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
I have updated the wizard wiki - I've changed it from my experience over time. But I don't know the answers to the other specs - so don't tell me not to bitch heh. And I was just stating why I think the forums would be cool. I didn't go out of my way to talk about how horrible the wikis are.

I've made several edits to the wiki when it is something I know about - but it takes several people to do the same.