• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft & You

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
most comon users DO not know how to edit a wiki. let alone get the right info in there.
Its not fucking rocket science, anyway i'm just tired of lazy ass people bitching about it being incorrect and do nothing about it.
I can only do so much >.>

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
:-/ as with any other wiki, it takes a multitude of people for it to be done correctly. I work hard to keep Paladin as up to date as possible, but yeah, it's hard when the other classes aren't around to pick up the slack.

It gets hard when there are slightly less popular classes out there.. I remember times when there were practically no DreadKnights or Necromancers. Just take care of your class the best you can, and if you have any friends who play classes in desperate need of updating... well, yell at them. Aside from that there's not much we can do, and I don't really want to waste an admin's time working on the wiki when it's something a player can take care of, if they're willing to put in 30 seconds of effort.

agentjwall

Godly
Wouldn't it be easier if the XP is calculated based on their level?!

I like the idea but it seems unrealistic to give the same amount of exp. for killing a level 50 engineer and a level 50 dread knight. A level 50 dread knight is much harder to kill...

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
Its not fucking rocket science, anyway i'm just tired of lazy ass people bitching about it being incorrect and do nothing about it.
yeah isnt that ^^^ bitching about it??

deal with it. not everyone is WIKI savy.. most on here are 15 yrs old.. chillaxe.. no one asked YOU AND ONLY YOU to carry the weight.. breathe danda.... paper bag.. in and out..

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
yeah isnt that ^^^ bitching about it??

deal with it. not everyone is WIKI savy.. most on here are 15 yrs old.. chillaxe.. no one asked YOU AND ONLY YOU to carry the weight.. breathe danda.... paper bag.. in and out..
Age isn't really an excuse... the wiki is NOT hard to edit, I've done it myself.... and I'm 16, it's not rocket science as Danda said.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
yeah, lets see here do i want my game info to come from 10,00 people that are wrong or the people that run the server.. hmmmmmm

base wiki is dont by the server people, and us players can polish and make it better with out in game knowledge.

so
age may not be an excuse but if your so defensive about it...

All revisions (Top 50)

Score Pages Changes Username
242 196 719 Alente (Talk | contribs)
157 125 384 Alator (Talk | contribs)
98 71 250 Gabizou (Talk | contribs)
54 40 90 Adamwbschulz (Talk | contribs)
49 33 101 Random.Acronym (Talk | contribs)
45 30 87 Danda (Talk | contribs)
37 20 93 Amgroma (Talk | contribs)
35 29 38 Sheddi (Talk | contribs)
33 19 71 Kainzo (Talk | contribs)
32 18 66 Neo Exdeath (Talk | contribs)
31 21 48 Maxilimus (Talk | contribs)
30 16 63 TicklesTheMighty (Talk | contribs)
27 20 32 Whitemagehealu (Talk | contribs)
26 9 83 DusksCrown (Talk | contribs)
26 18 34 Fury (Talk | contribs)
24 16 34 Aerokii (Talk | contribs)
23 10 53 MajorasMask (Talk | contribs)
22 5 77 Seratt (Talk | contribs)
22 11 39 Xanipher (Talk | contribs)
21 5 70 Moejunur (Talk | contribs)
20 5 58 AzenYumCha (Talk | contribs)
18 10 28 Brutalacerate (Talk | contribs)
16 7 27 Noobeata (Talk | contribs)
15 7 25 Toadsworth29 (Talk | contribs)
15 3 41 Sadikyo (Talk | contribs)
14 9 16 Jwplayer0 (Talk | contribs)
14 5 26 Azza1070 (Talk | contribs)
14 6 21 Dalkor (Talk | contribs)
13 1 39 Malphugus (Talk | contribs)
12 3 24
GreekCrackShot (Talk | contribs)

think about the other side of the FENCE people.. just cause you know and profess to know does not mean others do.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
yeah, lets see here do i want my game info to come from 10,00 people that are wrong or the people that run the server.. hmmmmmm
-_- I wasn't encouraging the addition of false information... Just if someone is a leveling Ninja, and they realize the required mana is 50% and not 100% anymore, then they should fix it instead of complaining about the wiki being wrong in game or on the forums. (just a random example)

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok, we're getting a little off topic here. Maybe let's leave the wiki stuff alone for right now and get back into more hero craftery.

You know what I kind of want back? The battlefield, where upon leaving you get all your items back. Lossless pvp sounds like a good pass-time to me.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i agree greek 100%

but there was a thread on here about updating it and getting the correct info in the pages.

most cannot follow thro with omg the mana changed from 50 to 100 for skill. most just dont care to edit the wiki pages. whether its age or laziness. i would rather someone complain about pages not being updated then no one saying anything about it.

age is a number but behind the number is maturity not yet known.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Ok, we're getting a little off topic here. Maybe let's leave the wiki stuff alone for right now and get back into more hero craftery.

You know what I kind of want back? The battlefield, where upon leaving you get all your items back. Lossless pvp sounds like a good pass-time to me.
Yes please haha. I remember how unbalanced that was though because I used to mine down a bit and find diamond (very luckily, not hacking or anything >.>). I could just remember the location of the diamond and mine it again every round = Unfairly overpowered tank

Upb34t

Legacy Supporter 3
I like the idea but it seems unrealistic to give the same amount of exp. for killing a level 50 engineer and a level 50 dread knight. A level 50 dread knight is much harder to kill...

With the dual-class coming, an engineer can defend himself in the same way a dreadknight can.
Even if the original crafters are worse at pvp and thus killed on every occasion, it's still a hardcore server so get some pvp training.

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8

I actually agree with you Danda, and I understand your frustration with people complaining --- but your post frustrated me because I HAVE been updating the wiki myself, when I see something I know 100% is correct. As I mentioned, I have changed the wizard wiki many times. I'm not upset with you because how were you to know that, but before you just assume that every person saying anything about the wiki is a lazy complaining bitchy person, you should maybe ask the question "Have you updated the wiki periodically?" If they say no, then I 100% agree with you that they have NO right to complain. No hard feelings here :) Just a misunderstanding :)

Anyway, to get back on track - regardless of the wiki, the main point of my message was to say that I think the class forums would be extremely helpful, and hopefully a better place to keep updated information.

I will be more than happy to contribute as much information as I know about the Caster / Wizard classes. I will also view the forum regularly and answer questions if I know the answer.

agentjwall

Godly
With the dual-class coming, an engineer can defend himself in the same way a dreadknight can.
Even if the original crafters are worse at pvp and thus killed on every occasion, it's still a hardcore server so get some pvp training.

True, true.
I suppose it will work pretty well with the dual-class system if it's based off of your combat class...

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
nother suggestion

warp signs for events

each town or hub that meets requirements, ie event tax etc.. can have a clickable one way sign to go to the event
would cost 10c each user
can be turned on for the event.... then when even over they dont do anything.. :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm not upset with you because how were you to know that, but before you just assume that every person saying anything about the wiki is a lazy complaining bitchy person
See that's the thing I have been around enough to know that the majority of people do not even touch the wiki so I assume that most people don't update it :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
True, true.
I suppose it will work pretty well with the dual-class system if it's based off of your combat class...
How it works on the test server atm is you pick your primary class which you get your HP and damage values from then you pick a secondary class using /hero profession. From the secondary class you get their skills and equipment.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
Tyronus
Iron
Ok so ninjas are should have a jump ability I have 2 ideas. A skill called grapple you can hook on a block and jump of that block vertically. The next one is double jump (self explanitary). Now it's either one or the other double jump would be A relatively straight forward skill and easier to balance. Now if you can code double jump that's another discussion but I would like to know if it's possible.

I think you should have a separate server for testing out skills.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Tyronus
Iron
Ok so ninjas are should have a jump ability I have 2 ideas. A skill called grapple you can hook on a block and jump of that block vertically. The next one is double jump (self explanitary). Now it's either one or the other double jump would be A relatively straight forward skill and easier to balance. Now if you can code double jump that's another discussion but I would like to know if it's possible.

I think you should have a separate server for testing out skills.
They are getting a skill called backflip which launches them in a short high backwards jump