• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft & You

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm thinking along the lines of new exciting skills. You can only take what we have and keep balancing it for so long. I'd like to see some fresh new skills:)
We're limited by the code - so there's only so much we are capable of doing.

Over 115 skills... I think we're fairing quite well in that sense.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
We're limited by the code - so there's only so much we are capable of doing.

Over 115 skills... I think we're fairing quite well in that sense.

This is true, I suppose I was thinking about before when Dragoons only really had jump, and Enchanter's only really had Piggify. The classes are alot more fleshed out than before and better:) I like it.

I was just restating what someone else said, I personally wanna see more guild love :p

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Improving the in-game structure would be good. War in specific has been sort of ambiguous for a while, and unrewarding to either party. Mostly it's just become lists of people you don't like. Setting up a system or framework for pitting one township against another would be good, but I can see that it's tough to work out.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Improving the in-game structure would be good. War in specific has been sort of ambiguous for a while, and unrewarding to either party. Mostly it's just become lists of people you don't like. Setting up a system or framework for pitting one township against another would be good, but I can see that it's tough to work out.

I think that's where the KvK brought up in the last meeting comes in :p

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
I have a few suggestions/comments that I would like to share.

First and foremost, I think the main thing HeroCraft needs, is it's own client. I know this has already been promised for Minecraft's official release, but It, in my opinion, will be one of the majour drawing factors into the server. Now, Herocraft is unique, yes, but it's not hard to be unique. Being the "Best" Rpg plugin is merely a matter of opinion. There are other rpg plugins, that are just different, and some people prefer those over Herocraft. I, myself, DO think Herocraft is the best, just sayin'. Anywho, Dealing with normal plugins in Bukkit can only go so far really, because at the end of the day, you are just changing minecraft, never really adding. To have your own client just opens the floodgates for new oppurtunities, and quite simply, the possibilities are endless with a client. Now, I know you know all this, and again it has already been promised for release. I just felt I would state my opinion on the matter.

Second, I would like to see a total revamp of the town system, as was mentioned in the meeting. I think abolishing townships as they are now, and going with the 4 kingdom style, will increase A) Guild importance, B) Teamwork and C) Rpg feel. Right now towns are great, but they are just... small and powerless, to be honest. You can argue all day long that they are powerful and huge, but if you compare the scale of Minecraft to the scale of the townships at the moment, you will see my point. There is too much strife and too much competition. Too many lies and spies and thieves and glitchers. Most towns only have about 10-15 active members. Now, take all the active players on herocraft, and divide that by four. You start to get large communities that would be (forced) to work together. Not forced per se, but not allowed to feud within each other. Also, you could have a hierarchy system in the 4 kingdoms, with the abolishment of towns, a tax could be put on chest shops. Less tax for players in your own Kingdom, of course. Guilds would essentially take on what the abolishment of towns would set free. A) Smaller sub communities, but still subservient to the Kingdom (I.E. 2 North Guilds can not be enemies of each other, else it would lead to the disbandment of the guilds and/or exile of guildmembers) B) Guilds would be the victim of your raids C) Guilds help establish order. And with the larger player counts in the four kingdoms, the thing we call "Wars" currently in herocraft, which is basically raiding a town for a few days, would actually be real war. North Kingdomers would kill Southrons on sight, all while the western Kingdom is hiring out mercenaries to both sides. The RPG feel would be enhanced by this as well, because again it would have larger amounts of players on one side, enabling player-made quests (Or Servermade) to be made. (I.E. If East Kingdom is making a huge forest, they could start a "Quest" for players to bring in 4 stacks of dirt, for a 10c reward.)

Third, is having another vanilla server. I know this also has been brought up, and Kainzo has displayed support for this. The only problem, however, is how to deal with it. If you want a true vanilla server, then you can't have plugins. You can't say it's vanilla "But it just has permissions and logblock and NoCheat... but other than that it's vanilla!" That's just not right. Now obviously, you can't just say, "Don't hack Kiddies! Don't grief! Have fun!" because that would only breed chaos. And Chaos does not equate to Hardcore. You would have to find some way to limit the server, like making it invite only or such. And the server, in my opinion should NOT be like herocraft. Minecraft vanilla, how it is designed, is not meant for raiding each other or otherwise being complete dicks to your neighbors. It's called "Survival Multiplayer" for a reason, not just "Multiplayer". You survive the overpowered skeletons and reach haxing zombies together. Not constantly living in fear that your house will be burned down, your enchanting table destroyed with one punch from an enemy, and your house being forced to be made in the side of a mountain with a secret entrance. Now people, especially those who are used to herocraft, will want to do this. And since vanilla is infinitely harder to regulate than a plugin-filled server, it would also have to be invite only, or some other solution. Is it so hard for enemy towns to live next to each other in peace, fighting off those horrid creepers that 1 hit you from 4 blocks away?

My fourth and final topic is the maturity of people on this server. Now, recently I have been slowly sliding into some sort of drowse, taking it as fact that this server is full of mature people, who are not just complete douche bags. Last night I had a rude awakening. Dazureus, Whitemagehealu, and I all had a nice house on the Pre-Release 4 server, on the mountain next to Apherdite's and Shadowall's house. We all were hanging out, and shadow, who is (I think) in an enemy town in HC, was a friendly guy. We helped each other out, and it's was overall a fun experience. It didn't matter what happens in HC, we just wanted to enjoy the game. Now, after we had been playing for a while, and gained a good amount of stuff, a player, logs in for the first time, and for no reason at all, decides to wipe us dry from everything we have done. There was absolutely no point in this except to be a complete jerk. The Pre-Release servers only stay up for what? A week? It's made for testing and just having fun. Not being assholes to each other and overall not getting anything done. I was just so shocked that someone, from this server I was assured was full of mature people, would go on ANOTHER server, with no connection to the main HC, and merely be an immature child and destroy what I and the guys had spent 8 hours working on. I had been sick for 2 days, Sunday and Monday, as a few of you IRC guys know, and I was bedridden. The only thing I had was my trusty laptop. On sunday, I made a few vids on me playing legit, and on Monday I spent the whole day having fun on the Pre-Release 4 server. I just find it appalling how immature this act was. Now, this is partly a rant, but I am also trying to get across a message. Why do I, and most everyone here, play this game/server? To have fun. Believe it or not, it is possible to have fun without ruining someone else's fun as well. I hope you, the reader, understands that we are all just people having fun. None of us really hate each other, we just get frustrated in game. At the end of the day, we all have had a good time, hopefully.

Thank you for reading.

Edit: Dungeons are sexy. I want dungeons. And Heroblocks. And ponies. And.. And... And...

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Thanks for the post Kingtom - you seem to be one that is starting to understand things that could be possible with our suggestions :) I like th way you're thinking.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Thanks for the post Kingtom - you seem to be one that is starting to understand things that could be possible with our suggestions :) I like th way you're thinking.

As do I.

With less towns and more guilds, it would feel more like an RPG. I still like the creativity that comes from the township system today, with people going and making new towns, but why can't we force them to get along and have guilds form these "towns" and keep the KvK? It's all good stuff :)

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Now, after we had been playing for a while, and gained a good amount of stuff, a player, logs in for the first time, and for no reason at all, decides to wipe us dry from everything we have done. There was absolutely no point in this except to be a complete jerk. The Pre-Release servers only stay up for what? A week? It's made for testing and just having fun. Not being assholes to each other and overall not getting anything done. I was just so shocked that someone, from this server I was assured was full of mature people, would go on ANOTHER server, with no connection to the main HC, and merely be an immature child and destroy what I and the guys had spent 8 hours working on.

This is exactly what happened to me on 1.8 pre-release. But it was by a player who has been playing on this server for a very long time. I pretty much just quit testing things on pre-release because it made me feel like it was just a waste of time. No staff is there to moderate it, and people think they can get away with anything. I even notified staff about this and it wasn't addressed from what I could see.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
If we opt for a 4 kingdom map in cardinal directions I would say that players -must- be required -at some point- to maintain status qouta on the population within each kingdom. As to the means and will to do this, I have no answer. Save to force new people (with no referrals or friends currently in HC) to join these kingdoms, like in a Pick The Shortest Straw thing.

_AMPLiFY

Legacy Supporter 4
I think there are a couple things that could improve Herocraft. Tell me what you guys think:
  • Realistic war between townships with benefits for winning and penalties for losing. But I think it should be realistic; not some mini-game. The two sides should have a purpose and something they're trying to gain in the end.
  • More government structure. See my full thread about township government @: http://herocraftonline.com/forum/index.php?threads/township-government.9461/
  • More staff. It seems the admins have been on the proctors lately for not whitelisting enough players. Personally, I believe in more the merrier. (please don't hate on me for saying this; just what I have noticed.)

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
This is exactly what happened to me on 1.8 pre-release. But it was by a player who has been playing on this server for a very long time. I pretty much just quit testing things on pre-release because it made me feel like it was just a waste of time. No staff is there to moderate it, and people think they can get away with anything. I even notified staff about this and it wasn't addressed from what I could see.

Same thing happened to me and several others, we made camp within an underground ravine, and within 5 or so hours it had been pillaged, destroyed, and coated completely in lava except for the beds. It went beyond mere griefing, seeming more along the lines of "Scorched Earth" policy. The offender has since been banned, but... I agree on the same points with the maturity level on the server.

Anyway. Away from the negatives, they're no fun. I'm of the camp that would love to see more dungeons- the ones I played back in sanctum Era were both fun and challenging (see also: infuriating, for that stupid ice block over lava through a maze castle thing that was epic). I don't think we need anything redstone intensive or anything, there's plenty of fun to be had from mazes, jumping, and fighting mobs (Gate dungeon, Great Deku Tree minus the redstone section). I'd love for some to be hidden in the wild, as they were before, and others connected to the multiverse so there's fun to be had for those who can't take the time to explore a 6K by 6K square/check a map, haha. Tying this into the custom client thing, it'd be great to have custom items as a reward for completing a dungeon. Just a thought.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
-events (admin driven)
-event structures like ruins/old structures/"lodestones" which attract monster invasions?
-lodestones can be made and have an invasion timer which they spill forth waves of mobs and boss monsters. (expanding on an idea)
-player-made player-driven quests! (some one/thing needs blank/resource and pays Z coins)
-quest boards (similar to ^ but admin driven, possibly achievement driven? "Defeat a invasion!")
-improved tax system (somehow)
-herocraft client with TONS of I mean like an entire universe to the billionth quadrillion trillionth millionth most infinite power of (Can I not exaggerate more? SOMEHOW?) new blocks, gems, mobs, textures, aesthetic items, candles, natural disasters, volcanos that spew fire and then return the land to its original state, idk, crazy stuff! Tables, Chairs, Saws, Mills, Stables, Horses, Mounting, Actual shurikens and fireballs? actual icebolts? spell graphics?!!?

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
The posts this post was referencing have been edited, so this post itself has likewise been edited.

And those responsible for the sacking have themselves been sacked. Moving right along!

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Now back to the topic.

• I agree with _AMPLiFY on adding more staff
  • I am satisfied with skills at the moment, as a ninja. PvP is great on this server, I love seeing it improve
  • MORE EVENTS! They are so much fun! I hate missing them, and I love how generous the admins are when items are given out!
  • Maybe some staff hosted PvP tournies? Need to be well organized, like @Domitius has done in the past

GraRona

Portal
My suggestion was too huge so I made a seperate thread for it. It was about nerfing casters.

I like the heroes plugin and the epic skills along with the awesome economy/township system.

I feel this server could clean out some inactive proctors and roll some new ones in.

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
My biggest wish for HC in the Next Time
Would Be a really Big clientside Mod, or a HC launcher. Many people like this When you ask in offtopic, and I'm sure that exp-,mana- and healthbars, custom achievments, and implemented mini- and worldmap ( wich towns and Cities could Be Marked on) with improved Chat would make HC again a much more unqiue Experience. Also everything would Be easier to Look at, and if we get Things like Class names Above our enemies, PvP much more appealing. On Top of that you could stop People completely from using hacks&cheats.

PS: I forgot to say that we could do so much more stuff and skills with a new Client :O

Secondly, more and more an more skills Forever ;D
Keep HC balanced and Fun like it is now :)