• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft & You

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We have a lot planned for Herocraft in the following weeks.

Our goal is to provide the most hardcore experience but still keep in tact the creative feel of Minecraft.

We're open to change and suggestions that embrace our Vision for Herocraft and want to give the community what they play hard for!

What do you think could improve Herocraft even more? A new website? additional staff? more events? Free salad day? Different vote rewards?

Your opinion matters and I hope to hear from each of you, even if you no longer play Herocraft but still browse the forums.

Yours,
-Kain

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
More events would be very interesting, maybe allowing player hosted ones assisted by staff?

I would love to see more to events rather than the usual
1)'Zeal is being attacked'!
2)We save Zeal from spawned in monsters
3)Everyone gets free cookies and stuff

Maybe more of a Quest feel with Admins acting as NPC's prehaps? :D
I'm not to sure but I think that would add a lot more interest into the server.

Whilst I do believe voting rewards are a nice idea gifting donation tiers to those who just got lucky would annoy me as a donor seeing as I gave my own hard earnt money.

Lastly I think guilds need to be seen to more they are a fantastic idea I just feel as if they are being neglected at the moment.

Those are my thoughts :D
@Kainzo

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
More events would be very interesting, maybe allowing player hosted ones assisted by staff?

I would love to see more to events rather than the usual
1)'Zeal is being attacked'!
2)We save Zeal from spawned in monsters
3)Everyone gets free cookies and stuff

Maybe more of a Quest feel with Admins acting as NPC's prehaps? :D
I'm not to sure but I think that would add a lot more interest into the server.

Whilst I do believe voting rewards are a nice idea gifting donation tiers to those who just got lucky would annoy me as a donor seeing as I gave my own hard earnt money.

Lastly I think guilds need to be seen to more they are a fantastic idea I just feel as if they are being neglected at the moment.

Those are my thoughts :D
@Kainzo

We weren't 100% set out on the rewarding a person at random for voting per week or not - It's something I thought would be fun but I guess we'll keep that reserved for competitions / actual donating money.

NPC's/Quests are definitely on the plate!

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
Airplanes.

A large scale war system as well as benefits to winning wars, and penalties for losing wars.

A way for mayors to investigate town theft without PEing it.

Higher penalties for getting killed for a bounty.

Child Regions!

a tournament plugin so users can create and invite people to tournaments. set the buy in and pay the winner. it would TP contestants into the arena when it is their turn to fight, and tp anyone else out to the stands.

Shortyy_oD

Legacy Supporter 3
Different vote rewards Yes.
More staff, No.
New Website, No.

I do feel the rules should allow people to steal from their own towns but the rule on townhall thieving should stay.
Competitive arenas would be nice.
More class revamps, updates, and additions would be a plus.
Bonus rewards from PvPing.

Thats my list, hope you got some stuff out of it.

c12095

Holy Shit!
We need a battleground area for either solo or team fights. Just a natural terrain area, maybe a portal leading to it, and a way to set up events inside it for pvp.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
We need a battleground area for either solo or team fights. Just a natural terrain area, maybe a portal leading to it, and a way to set up events inside it for pvp.
I am planning to build one in my kingdom region! 50x100 or so

Quixotem

Stone
Taking into consideration that I am a relatively new player on the server I would like to see the following things:

Events: My very first experience logging into HC was in the midst of a massive zombie horde in Zeal. It was very fun and actually made me feel closer to the server population and staff because I was instantly engaged with my fellow players and the staff. I would like to see this happen more often, different events, locations, etc.

Website: Well, I actually love the website as is. My only request would be to include either separate class forums or one class forum for all where information for the different classes was more readily available. As it is you can go on the wiki to find the basics but as far as finding out how the classes and their abilities function in the world you have to dig through many forum threads. All great mmorpg forums have class forums for suggestions, mechanics, playability, and tips and tricks and I think HC deserves it's own.

Gameplay: I am looking forward to the coming changes as far as townships and LWC's, because as it stands I personally have been going solo. In my mind I don't want to be restrained in my building by choosing to join a town for protection when I can just as easily go to the more remote areas of the map and "cleverly" hide my items in places no one bothers to check while being able to build a massive structure in just the style and scope I want. Especially since the map expansion the opportunities for newer players to really strike out on their own and make something unique have increased.

I am not the most active forum member or server member, but I have probably read more of this forum than many and what drew me to this server initially was in fact the community. Even though my own interactions have been limited up to this point I feel as though I know the players and staff here pretty well through the reading of their posts. I would very much like to actually start getting to know people in the game but as it stands now if you're not part of a town you lack any common goals to work towards and therefore have very little reason to interact when there is such great risk involved in trusting the wrong people.

I appreciate the sense of danger this server brings to Minecraft in general, but the one thing lacking that helps bring the community together is those common goals, i.e. dungeons, quests, events. On other mmorpgs people go outside the comfort zone of their respective communities to accomplish such goals and I feel that the further integration of such things would further increase community interaction in a more positive way.

The recent introduction of the hunger mechanic has been an irritating one for me personally. While I welcome the increased danger and challenge of having to find sustenance in order to survive, as a newer player I am finding myself spending an inordinate amount of time just seeking out food sources. If I kill a pig and it drops 2 pork chops, shouldn't that be enough to "sustain" my character for a 24 hour time period? As it stands now I need to consume 3 pork chops to bring my hunger meter to full and gain the health regen that allows me to have full health which means killing at least 2 pigs, usually many more. I had hoped that the implementation of hunger would mean that without food mana would not regen and that one would be unable to sprint. This to me seems more logical and less limiting. I understand that there is constant tweaking going on and am just asking that maybe a second look is taken into this mechanic to see if the risk vs. consequence matches what the designers intended.

Lastly I would like to say that I greatly appreciate all the work you guys do to make this server what it is. I am finding more and more of my time is spent in game and on the forum because I am truly excited to see how this server is progressing. What you guys have done here is impressive to say the least and I don't think you get enough appreciation from those of us who live in the world you have created for us.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
I am planning to build one in my kingdom region! 50x100 or so

I dont think you guys were here last map, but near the end we had a CTF battleground that saved your items and gave you weapons as soon as you joined, it was really fun and I think Kain is working on a new one?
My suggestion is whitelisting in the IRC if possible, because a lot of the time I would like to whitelist but dont have a MC enabled computer available.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
Taking into consideration that I am a relatively new player on the server I would like to see the following things:
Website: Well, I actually love the website as is. My only request would be to include either separate class forums or one class forum for all where information for the different classes was more readily available. As it is you can go on the wiki to find the basics but as far as finding out how the classes and their abilities function in the world you have to dig through many forum threads. All great mmorpg forums have class forums for suggestions, mechanics, playability, and tips and tricks and I think HC deserves it's own.

there is a wiki for class info.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I dont think you guys were here last map, but near the end we had a CTF battleground that saved your items and gave you weapons as soon as you joined, it was really fun and I think Kain is working on a new one?
My suggestion is whitelisting in the IRC if possible, because a lot of the time I would like to whitelist but dont have a MC enabled computer available.
I'll get on that - hopefully get IRC -> in game again

Quixotem

Stone
the wiki is outdated and does not explain the mechanics of the class. I think class forums is a great idea.

Yeah I know there is the wiki for each class but I believe it's the community interaction that brings out the individual identities of each class and unique applications for skills and tactics.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yeah I know there is the wiki for each class but I believe it's the community interaction that brings out the individual identities of each class and unique applications for skills and tactics.
We'll be getting up a Class Discussion -> Subclasses forums :)

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
I was agreeing with you btw.

Kophka

ICE ICE ICE!
Quests and Dungeons. I know these are in the works, I'm just stating the position that I, for one, can't wait. I'm really eager to see some party driven quests and instances. These are the things that are going to make Herocraft go from being "Hardcore Minecraft with Classes" to "Truly Heroic Herocraft" :D

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
  • Child Regions
  • Arena Plugin
  • Class Revamps
^
Also, free salad day? I could get behind that.

It may be fun to set an area aside as a "mirage zone" (or whatever) and switch in different dungeons or battlefields for people to play in- use them for quests or tournaments or events or whatever else. Could prove to be an attraction.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I want to see some more Guild support. I don't think guilds should cost anything to make, because it's just a group of people working towards common goals (sounds like what a town SHOULD be but they aren't really). I think that if a guild becomes successful enough they should be able to apply for some kind of official guild status (say, guildship) and that can come at a cost (should be so much less than a town, perhaps just straight coin) and guilds with official status like that could get benefits/punishments-for-inactivity.

This way anybody can still just go start a guild, but those really serious and really into it can base their long term goals around whatever benefits a "guildship" would have.

Perhaps:

• A small base region?
  • Free/cheap office in Zeal?
  • Perhaps a donor vault like vault for just the guild? (if you don't do donor vaults, and do this, guild participation will increase dramatically)
  • Special user-groups on the forum?