• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft & You

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm not opposed to a mandatory client it's just a question of:

A. how much we want to reduce the flow of new members (since may will not join herocraft out of apathy, fear of viruses, etc. from downloading the client)

B. How much the programers want to code. I'm all for a inundation of new content but doing so would be a pain to code (I would know I've dabbled in programing from time to time)

C. How much it would really add to the game. As I said I'm not opposed to new content but is probably isn't worth a mandatory client unless it adds significant content to the game.
We're bringing out a client, its just a matter of when. It will add
  • new inventory slots
  • new items
  • new mobs / bosses
  • new textures
Realistically, this wont be coming until after launch.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
i have a few that may or may not pertain. :p

fix the underground.. anything below say 20 wipe and reset. the underground is like swiss cheese and tunnels everywhere.

more rewards for those that do contribute to server. ie banker of the week gets a cookie or something
same for players. just random WOO GOOD JOB etc
something to engage players more

do something about the empty space.... i can walk from zeal to herogate and see MAYBE 2 players. i can be online with 120 players.. NEVER SEE A SOUL, huge FTW.. and im not out on edge of map. I do like the way herogates work and help but the pvp aspect kinda low to nill. sure the cage fixes this but there is not a conveint way to GET to zeal. ( i dont feel like begging for a port or walking for 54 mins to get there.)

need to find a way to engage more of the players, this is HEROCRAFT, not the sims... sure house building and hanging out cool, but its lacking polish. dunno what but can feel something missing...

bounty system recently got tweaked and i never see bountys anymore... used to be 4 pages.. now there like 3 people on at any time. that sucks..maybe have random bounty placed by server? like this person has killed 10 players and is evil must be put down.. 150c and something for inventory. maybe a title for a day?

i read that stats will be introduced at some point.. give player title somehow... top pig slayer playername 987 pigs baconized.
etc..

all i got for now

(pardon my spelling and capitalization and punctuation and grammatical structure.. at work and trying to get thoughts out before i loose em.)
I like the random 'evil' bounty placing - I think we may be able to get this going - but we'll see.
'The 'big' aspect is just part of running an enormous map. It happens.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
@Kainzo
for its size and multi-faceted aspects of server, you all run it very very well. A+++ to all the behind the scenes people and staff :D

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I like the random 'evil' bounty placing - I think we may be able to get this going - but we'll see.
You already do that occasionally lmao

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
OKAY how about this SIMPLE fix.

People WITHOUT herocraft client -> Multiverse World 1 (none of the new content from the client is placeable.)
People WITH herocraft client -> Premium Member World 1 (all of the new content is placeable.)

Guilds -> Guild hall world, (like a 100x100 region of land on a map, of their choosing for like 25,000c, grassland, etc. with a small bit of water side, and other details, so people can have themed guild halls, and mini-citys, a market, etc., OFCOURSE, they'd have a portal somewhere on the map, and the main map wouldn't have to be that big! there could be enough space in guild halls to have forests, and farms and such, out in the open, that's defendable from attack)

IE: you see a guild portal, you can walk through it, but it leads you to a short path that leads into a gated/walled community, like a subpath circle or clan hall, with small homes for each member and a 'shamanistic circle' or ritual area, etc. you could really lead into this type of stuff and things.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
as for the size and dimensions of the worlds, that's upto kainzo, but I'd say a 750 radius non-member map would be large enough, people would obviously want to play on the premium map more, i think, which could be the old size of 2,500 radius, but truthfully 1750radius or less would still be great, if we could add more small 'realms' to the content, such that herocraft is truly a multiverse.

edit: like pocket dimensions.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I'm guessing free.

I could do a lot of this work on my own in a month in just my spare time. Although the coding and getting it setup to function kind of how ive described it would take about a month in someone elses spare time who can code it correctly.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I love how everyone completely ignores my statements >.>

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Say we made each color represent a different element of combat which is a visually simple way to make things work.
primary colors -->
Red, +Melee dmg
Yellow +Ranged dmg
Blue +Magic dmg

With a theme? Tier 2 armors could use hybrid colors. Bright and Dark versions, which swap which color they focus on.
+melee dmg, -magic dmg C
+magic dmg, -melee dmg C

+melee dmg, -ranged dmg C
+ranged dmg, -melee dmg C

+magic dmg, -ranged dmg C

+ranged dmg, -magic dmg C

As a side note, this only incorporates 'magic' into one field, but we have caster dps and healers so, we could do;

+heals, -ranged dmg C
+heals, -melee dmg C We could use these; 3 variations of a cyanish blue color.
+heals, -magic dmg C

meleerangedcaster.png

Other Secondary colors
Brown, Light Brown, Dark Brown, Gray, Silver, Dark Gray, Light Gray, Gold, Light Gold, Tan,
uniques, rares, plain items
prismatic and no color
White, Black

NOTE:

I'd also like to suggest that T1 gear have things that only are like +1 armor +1 dmg.

and that T2 gearing would have things that are like +3 armor +2 melee dmg, -1 magic dmg.

I'd like to take note that the 'armor' values should be either A) durability or B) all damage taken reduced by %.

It's best that we should do like 10 armor = 10%, such that,

50 head 5 ingot
80 chest 8 ingot
70 leg 7 ingot
40 feet 4 ingot

armor = 240
So, |
ARMOR / 240 = % dmg reduced.

Say your armor altogether added 120 'armor' in the client, this would result in 50% dmg reduced from all sources. (except drowning.)

DAMAGE REDUCTION:
240 armor=100.00% Kainzo is Invulnerable. You are Kainzo.
210 armor=87.50% Admin-Only
120 armor=50.00% Mod-Only
90 armor=37.50% Tier 4 (expansion-like stuff (new tools/crafting methods))
60 armor=25.00% Tier 3 (premium stuff (super advanced crafting))
30 armor=12.50% Tier 2 (member items (advanced crafting))
15 armor=6.25% Tier 1 (member items (crafted))
7 armor=3.125% Tier 1 (introductory items)

EDIT2:

armorthemes.png

The grey area within the armor would be colored via palletes that are pre-defined based on resources used to craft it.

Or, it comes fully colored in, as a rare drop from a dungeon it would simply be like a X_CLASS here Y_quality based on Z_difficulty type reward?

Obviously the armors would be done differently, and I drew the farmer dude out of sheer boredom, its not even a real skin for MC. and uh.. yeah. Just sayin' - it's doable.

Jackrox256

Obsidian
The armor sounds like a good idea. It would be a good thing to aim for when it comes to pvp. It owuld add a big challenge for PvP. But this could also have a lot of negativity because of the power of the Tier 4 armor.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
it's about items we add in the future, almost all of your games item database has a theme, i simplified it visually, also, the power of T4 armor would only be relevant to T4vT4 combat.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
remember your players would be ideally playing in areas relevant to them. Or we could set item restrictions on noob areas.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
we could have several new mob types with varying degrees of difficulty in regards to damage, speed, and artificial intelligence.

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
Xexo please... stop like triple posting and change your avatar.... I keep thing Brutal is posting...
And if HC gets a client I would like Mana bar, Health bar(better then normal MC one), exp bar, and like a lot more.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Sorry, I was posting at work and was constantly interrupted so I was just trying to get my ideas out while I had them. I realize I could have hit edit and went through the trouble of modifying posts people might have already read to add to them, and then they would've skipped over it, since clicking the replies alert sends you to the next 'new' thread reply instead of anything modified prior (that I'm aware of.) My bad.