• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft & You

kongrave

Portal
Make the people who apply to the server read the rules and somehow confirm it. For example you could make them type the general ideas in their app. I've seen that newer players come on the server and instantly break the rules and when I ask in o chat if they read the rules they say "no, who does?"

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
A random king of the hill event in the wild somewhere, winner town gets some gold or something :)

Darroes

Legacy Supporter 6
Your opinion matters and I hope to hear from each of you, even if you no longer play Herocraft but still browse the forums.

My opinion still matters even though I just lurk the forums these days? :eek: Too bad it doesn't give me enough of an idea about how everything is progressing in game, I just get bits and pieces of that from Farroes when I talk to him lol.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
My opinion still matters even though I just lurk the forums these days? :eek: Too bad it doesn't give me enough of an idea about how everything is progressing in game, I just get bits and pieces of that from Farroes when I talk to him lol.
Course it does - and why arent you playing more? hmm?

Darroes

Legacy Supporter 6
Course it does - and why arent you playing more? hmm?

Don't have the time, that school thing is annoying....lol. I can't afford to get sucked in again and find myself playing it all day instead of doing my homework :p.

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
Ideas:
- Admin sponsored wars between AoA and KoK. Players can be drafted to fight. Perhaps a way to make mobs fight each other and players join in too?

- A nightclub in zeal

- An all out no rules war zone, like war shard but crazier. I'm talking mobs errwhere

- Events at random locations. Giants flying on chickens attacking mountains and whatnot.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i have a few that may or may not pertain. :p

fix the underground.. anything below say 20 wipe and reset. the underground is like swiss cheese and tunnels everywhere.

more rewards for those that do contribute to server. ie banker of the week gets a cookie or something
same for players. just random WOO GOOD JOB etc
something to engage players more

do something about the empty space.... i can walk from zeal to herogate and see MAYBE 2 players. i can be online with 120 players.. NEVER SEE A SOUL, huge FTW.. and im not out on edge of map. I do like the way herogates work and help but the pvp aspect kinda low to nill. sure the cage fixes this but there is not a conveint way to GET to zeal. ( i dont feel like begging for a port or walking for 54 mins to get there.)

need to find a way to engage more of the players, this is HEROCRAFT, not the sims... sure house building and hanging out cool, but its lacking polish. dunno what but can feel something missing...

bounty system recently got tweaked and i never see bountys anymore... used to be 4 pages.. now there like 3 people on at any time. that sucks..maybe have random bounty placed by server? like this person has killed 10 players and is evil must be put down.. 150c and something for inventory. maybe a title for a day?

i read that stats will be introduced at some point.. give player title somehow... top pig slayer playername 987 pigs baconized.
etc..

all i got for now

(pardon my spelling and capitalization and punctuation and grammatical structure.. at work and trying to get thoughts out before i loose em.)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think for the "Kingdoms" to really work together you need kingdom chat channels that can only be accessed by members of that kingdom.

bounty system recently got tweaked and i never see bountys anymore... used to be 4 pages.. now there like 3 people on at any time. that sucks..maybe have random bounty placed by server? like this person has killed 10 players and is evil must be put down.. 150c and something for inventory.
The bounty list now only shows online bounties.
The number of bounties is still the same
@Plasma

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

agentjwall

Godly
Sorry about the long post in advance, my schooling has brainwashed me into making everything and essay ^^'

Anyways, on to business...

Player Based Quests: a quest system with player based content could work a lot like the current bounty system (in fact, bounties could be one type of quest available). A quest system would be an easy way to generate large amounts of content with real game affects of completing them. Quests could be arranged into categories: demolition, construction, protection, bounties, faction based (like raid a certain faction's city), Resource collection, and so forth. players can set Quests to automatically reward them upon completion (although I might be difficult to program for some types of quests…) this would make the quest system much more interesting, diverse and it would actually have an impact on the world unlike a dungeon crawler quest or something like that…

More diverse Events: I feel as if the events tend to be the "large swarm of mobs near zeal" variety only. events alone could be much more varied if they could occur anywhere in herocraft. Also, events could be occasionally town based/ faction based (IronPass is being attacked by an army of the undead! Either help defend the city or join in on the siege of it). Also events in essence are RP based so why not take it to the next level? have "mysterious visitors" come from time to time doing everything form selling rare goods at a high price to frolicking through the countryside giving cobblestone to all who he sees. Also like the last example, events don't necessarily need to be PvP, it can be anything from a jump course spontaneously appearing in the wilderness (first to complete it wins a prize) to a roller-coaster appearing in zeal (Just for fun)!

Secret Vs. planned Events: I like the idea of the multitude of secret events that just appear out of nowhere but we could get a much larger turnout if we did announced events (most likely on weekends so everyone can join in). on top of that the few announced events could be planned out with more content added to them to make them even more amazing!

Event TPs: I don't know if I necessarily agree with the idea, Events are like an epic quest that you have to journey to experience and TPs would ruin that feel. Instead I propose that Events be preceded with a riddle to hint towards its location and announce it early enough that everyone has time to get to it before the event starts. maybe free beds could be provided and this would also give merchants enough time to set up temp chest-shops to sell goods to participants.

4 kingdoms: I'm not going to go very deep into this one for fear of it being misinterpreted as a rant but I will say that 4 seems too few a number to make the faction system interesting. my proposal is to have 6-7 'slots' for Factions open, limiting the number to a reasonable amount but allowing for new factions to be formed if the number drops. the extra few factions would allow for more diplomatic diversity in the server, a verity if faction coalitions can to form (other then the FFA, 2v2 or 3v1 of only 4 factions).

*spontaneous idea thrown out there: What if each faction had a theme? islands, desert, mountains, etc. (a little corny but it might be interesting…)

Faction warfare: their needs to be a more concrete system for waging war against opposing factions and conquering their territory. In this area I'm a little lost but I feel as if the town/faction system is a little to static. other then getting members to leave / rage quit there isn't really a method for conquering a town at the moment, limiting diplomatic warfare to raids and small skirmishes between groups.

Guild improvements: I agree with what everyone else has said (more or less) so there isn't much to add other then an "I agree"

HC Client: I feel if we made a client for Herocraft it would have to be made optional. a mandatory client download could discourage a lot of players. Its ok if the client players have any sort of advantage since those who don't use it do so by choice and can download it if they feel it is worth it.

Mob Arena: At the moment, PvP classes don't really have a good predefined way of leveling up. PvP isn't very fast and mining is more geared towards the crafter class. I know that PvP leveling is getting a retooling but I think that an arena that spawns waves and waves of mobs would be a great way to level up (maybe their could be a high-score board for parties lasting particularly long in it without dieing).

*then again the nether may essentially be an alternative to this…

Well that's about it, I thank you if you read through all of that!

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Mob Arena: At the moment, PvP classes don't really have a good predefined way of leveling up. PvP isn't very fast and mining is more geared towards the crafter class. I know that PvP leveling is getting a retooling but I think that an arena that spawns waves and waves of mobs would be a great way to level up (maybe their could be a high-score board for parties lasting particularly long in it without dieing).

Perhaps when the Admins aren't monitoring the PVP arena on the North Zeal Mountain they could plop down a ton of mob spawners in the center? Then remove them when they use the arena for something else?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
HC Client: I feel if we made a client for Herocraft it would have to be made optional. a mandatory client download could discourage a lot of players. Its ok if the client players have any sort of advantage since those who don't use it do so by choice and can download it if they feel it is worth it.
With the HC Client I'm not sure but they seem to be looking at spout alot. If so Spoutcraft is completely optional but if you do not have it you will likely be at a major disadvantage. For instance if HP Bars get added and New Blocks/Items and did not have the client you would not have access to and could not even see these.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
HC Client.
Mandatory.
we do play HeroCraft Online.

I think a client should be mandatory because if it is a requirement we can then add gems, recipes, achievements, better scripting, etc. It would be such a radical change to whats possible and whats easy to do with HeroCraft's goals in mind. We could add a boatload of unique aesthetic designs, IE: actual tables, chairs you can sit at, food you can eat, we could even script animations of you grabbing and eating food.

would obviously require some awesome animator/scripting/2d artwork/etc. to go with the flow. We'd want at least one guy doing artwork for the Herocraft client's official texture pack -- and our own community could work on and submit texture mods specifically for our stuff.

Anyway, there's just so much out there that's possible as is. It just takes time.

edit:

I know my examples are bad, but I'll add another:

Ruby, Topaz, Emerald, Diamond, Amethyst, Opal, Onyx, Hematite, Agate, Jasper, Citrine, Malachite, Peridot, Fossils (archaeology?), Tigers eye, Marble, Aluminum (Bauxite?), Copper, Bronze?, Tin, Lithium, Sodium, Cobalt, Zirconium, Titanium, Palladium, Zinc, Magnesium, Chromium, Lead, Bismuth, Thorium, Plutonium?, Neodymium, Lanthanum, Promethium, Samarium, Erbium, Thallium, Nobelium, Gallium, ....

Alloys? Alchemy metals? Potion materials? Skill requirements? Gemstones for advanced crafting? new armors and leathers and detailed armorsets, like basic leather, basic farmer, leather farmers jacket, etc. Item pallettes that would potentially use this?

Farmers Bejeweled Magnetic Leather Jacket
+Leather
+Overalls (crafted)
+GEM_TYPE
+Neodynium [Studs] (+1 magic_resist OR -1 magic dmg taken)

this would all sprawl out to be a HUGE crafting tree we could implement. Also most of the metals and gems and shit do have unique properties so we could add them in our own texture packs, also, a lot of them share the same base resource BEFORE it is REFINED. so Refining materials could yield exp and just take time to do. Maybe a cool little workshop process, such as a Blacksmith, Foundry, Refinery, etc. Foundrys could make neodynium stud castings and such, like molds, refinerys refine raw and rare minerals, Blacksmiths can produce goods. This would expand upon crafting path exponentially and add a ton of depth. Also, your unique items like the Farmers Bejeweled Magnetic Leather Jacket could have its keywords attached to its material composition, as well as what it does, NOT ONLY, its graphical display, could be like blue/rare in title but be indestructible unless thrown into fire or dropped and not picked up, and have its own unique armor graphic within the client itself.

GRANTED this would mean a huge database of images, however, using PNG's and clear/opaque backgroundswe could layer them as such that the materials used to make it also are visually represented. IE: rubys give you little red gems on the leather piece, Neodynium are shinier lookin black studs on the armors sides or something, and the overalls make it a 'farmer's piece and don't hinder movement speed as much as plate, also, leather and the piece it is for (chest) would also give some unique effects in this regard.

EDIT 2:

This could be part of a 2 piece set that reduces magic dmg taken by 2 points. like the overalls (top) and (bottom) would require crafted a chest and leg out of similar materials in name, the gem-types wouldn't matter though. :) Exceptionally rare pieces could be dungeon rewards that allow multi-gem or multi-rare ore placement. Like (+1) [stud_type] or [plate_type] and then that armor feeature like one different pauldron than another. just an example.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
HC Client.
Mandatory.

I think a client should be mandatory because if it is a requirement we can then add gems, recipes, achievements, better scripting, etc. It would be such a radical change to whats possible and whats easy to do with HeroCraft's goals in mind. We could add a boatload of unique aesthetic designs, IE: actual tables, chairs you can sit at, food you can eat, we could even script animations of you grabbing and eating food.
Just saying you can still do all of this without making it mandatory. People would still be able to connect but they would just be missing all of this content. For them it would be like loading up an Aether Mod Map without the Aether mod installed. The blocks would still register as being there but you cannot destroy/interact/see them

agentjwall

Godly
HC Client.
Mandatory.

I'm not opposed to a mandatory client it's just a question of:

A. how much we want to reduce the flow of new members (since may will not join herocraft out of apathy, fear of viruses, etc. from downloading the client)

B. How much the programers want to code. I'm all for a inundation of new content but doing so would be a pain to code (I would know I've dabbled in programing from time to time)

C. How much it would really add to the game. As I said I'm not opposed to new content but is probably isn't worth a mandatory client unless it adds significant content to the game.