• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Best and worst classes

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
If your idea of balance means giving all the classes more damage, there's a serious problem with you being on the balance team.
For PvE damage scaling is a fucking godsend. I didn't say "Let's just make wizards Fireball do 900 damage". That would be fucking stupid.

If it's supposed to work that way, bring all the other classes down to Wizard's level. I would like to see that happen actually, honestly.
Why? Wizard is fine if you ACTUALLY HAVE A GROUP. Join a fucking town or get some damn friends. You aren't gonna solo bosses and elite's as a god damn wizard, you shouldn't be soloing them as any class. Wizard is fine in PvP, and handles itself well in PvE (When there's room and you're supported). Don't solo level in a 2x1 cave and you'll find you actually do fine.

Overall I think making a "Best and worst" class list was a fucking terrible idea. Having issues with Wizard and making suggestions would've been 1000x better.

Lumify

Glowing Redstone
Why? Wizard is fine if you ACTUALLY HAVE A GROUP. Join a fucking town or get some damn friends. You aren't gonna solo bosses and elite's as a god damn wizard, you shouldn't be soloing them as any class. Wizard is fine in PvP, and handles itself well in PvE (When there's room and you're supported). Don't solo level in a 2x1 cave and you'll find you actually do fine.
Yeah, you absolutely have to join a group and have your group members carry you if you want to survive as Wizard. It's not as if its damage is anything special with a group. Again, there's also the problem with loot sharing; 3/4 times the party refuses.

Overall I think making a "Best and worst" class list was a fucking terrible idea. Having issues with Wizard and making suggestions would've been 1000x better.
You see what happens when someone comments on the state of an underpowered class. There's no point making a suggestion when the community ignores you and insists on believing lies. The best responses I've gotten are the ones that say "Herocraft is constantly changing and evolving; kinks are still being worked out." At least we have a few people who can get their noses out of the air and admit the balance team (you) isn't perfect. With this kind of toxic culture, the best I can do is say, "This won't get fixed, but here are some classes to avoid, and some that are fleshed out."

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, you absolutely have to join a group and have your group members carry you if you want to survive as Wizard. It's not as if its damage is anything special with a group. Again, there's also the problem with loot sharing; 3/4 times the party refuses.

You see what happens when someone comments on the state of an underpowered class. There's no point making a suggestion when the community ignores you and insists on believing lies. The best responses I've gotten are the ones that say "Herocraft is constantly changing and evolving; kinks are still being worked out." At least we have a few people who can get their noses out of the air and admit the balance team (you) isn't perfect. With this kind of toxic culture, the best I can do is say, "This won't get fixed, but here are some classes to avoid, and some that are fleshed out."
Wizards works better in a group, why can't you understand that you simply cannot solo bosses and elites? Wizard isn't built to be close, bossess and elites are. They get close, you get wrecked.

If you actually made suggestions and backed everything up and got people who you claim agree with you to voice their opinion too, this would be different.

Lumify

Glowing Redstone
Wizards works better in a group, why can't you understand that you simply cannot solo bosses and elites? Wizard isn't built to be close, bossess and elites are. They get close, you get wrecked.

If you actually made suggestions and backed everything up and got people who you claim agree with you to voice their opinion too, this would be different.
It seems like you haven't played the game. Bosses and elites use teleport and forcepull, which do instant, unavoidable damage to someone at any range. Wizards can't take any kind of damage.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Everyone's mad about dungeons wrecking wizard, but nobody wants to say "ok Lumify, you're right, let's work on suggestions to fix it."
i have fucking tried the dungeons as a wizard and its fine, please keep your mouth shut.

_Trains_

Obsidian
Yeah, that's right. I wasn't trying to make this a suggestion thread. Never mind.

Make a post like this in suggestions, and have a big list like one of your previous posts:

Maybe we can have someone take this down to stop arguments.

Ok, pros and cons. I think this should be somewhat fair:

Wizard has low defense, average attack, high mobility. Wizards and Dragoons have the highest mobility in the game. This is their primary benefit, giving them a fair chance in pvp. Unlike Rangers, Wizards have 3 instant damage skills which allow them to keep moving and kite their opponents. Fireball and Iceball are skill shots, providing an incentive to become skilled at aiming, similar to Ranger; however, they can keep moving as they make these skill shots. The ability to move and attack is very useful against players. Mobility isn't a big concern against minions though, as nobody has a problem escaping them; however Blink can be useful to escape when surrounded. Wizard's average attack means that it can't take enemies down very fast, and must instead rely on its mobility to stay alive with such little health. In pvp, this means Wizards become a frustrating opponent to melee players who must chase it down to do any damage. Dungeon elites and bosses will easily kill even the most proficient wizard because mobility doesn't help against teleport and forcepull, meaning wizards must rely on party members to aggro elites and bosses at all times.

In a dungeon party, wizard's average attack can be somewhat useful, but its primary benefit in a party is its ability to bypass mob invincibility. Because all of its attacks land, wizard is a reliable damage dealer in isolated boss fights with large parties, such as the golem boss when lured onto the grass. However, in most circumstances, wizard will occasionally aggro a mob, and must run completely out of range so a teammate can take the aggro. This is viable in some spread-out dungeons where the wizard can flee to a safe location, but in Ivory City, Sky City, and Desert Town, there's nowhere to run without finding more mobs.

In pvp, a skilled wizard is able to avoid taking damage from the enemy through maneuverability while inflicting damage at a short distance. In dungeons, maneuverability means nothing and the wizard is easily crushed because it cannot kill mobs faster than the mobs can kill it.

But you don't really need to do that, since we have a wiki on everything. However, this would still be helpful as this included a bit of an opinion. What you can do, and what I am seeing a lot in this thread, is to pick 1 specific thing about wizard you want to change. Then ask on a suggestion page about that skill, and hopefully get it changed, instead of having a full-out "change everything about wizards".

Lumify

Glowing Redstone
Please correctly if I'm wrong, but they have only gold boots. They can't have much armor less than that. Now what they could do is instead up the mobs magic resistance. That might be what you are looking for.
I'm suggesting a decrease to magic resistance (not that they have any magic resistance now). I don't know if there's a way to add armor value to a mob without adding armor, but if there is, that would improve wizard's mediocre mob damage.

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm suggesting a decrease to magic resistance (not that they have any magic resistance now). I don't know if there's a way to add armor value to a mob without adding armor, but if there is, that would improve wizard's mediocre mob damage.
are you stupid, stupd,spud,sada,sutpid, spuid or dumb as rocks

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
Kill yourself fam

Lumify

Glowing Redstone
Please correctly if I'm wrong, but they have only gold boots. They can't have much armor less than that. Now what they could do is instead up the mobs magic resistance. That might be what you are looking for.
Armor decreases physical damage; magic damage bypasses it. I'm proposing an increase in physical damage resistance, then possible a lowering of health to buff magic damage up to pvp levels.

Armor decreases physical damage; magic damage bypasses it. I'm proposing an increase in physical damage resistance, then possible a lowering of health to buff magic damage up to pvp levels.
Well they are adding leather armor, and it could be better but that will stop some of the physical damage and the damage is scaling like they said, so it would do relatively the same to mobs as to people, at least in ratio.