• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Townships + Mechanics Feedback

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Breeding and Spawning work outside of towns.
1) Since the change of fishing rods in 1.9? You can use them against people in Non-Pvp (not causing damage) to haul them in directions.
2) Breeding animals as a farmer seems to yield nothing (no animal or exp)
3) Skills that spawn animals seem to yield nothing.

Animal breeding/spawning has been noted and a workaround has been found.
Should arrive in a new version soon(tm)

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
I found a little bug while playing around as necro. If you equip a bow in the shield slot, then you can get 2-6 arrows fired before it removes it from the slot. Not sure if this works for all classes that can't use bows or just several. Once again just something I noticed. Pretty sure it has to do with how the slot works. This might also work for shields, but untested.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
A member of my town tnt'd (or made it look like he did) my town, and let raiders in. (Unless of course raiders can use tnt near my township). There are no rules against this, but this is a huge deal breaker for playing the server. I'm honestly considering not playing anymore. Raiders might be able to use tnt on your township. Townmembers are not punished for griefing their own town. New players are hunt down on the dynmap and followed directly outside of the small area claimed by spawn and slaughtered. Please do something about that, it's toxic to new players.
This is being fixed soon, TNT will work only in certain political situations.
A note about Explosive Arrow for Rangers, if you hit someone in your party DIRECTLY with it, the burning effect will still proc on them.
Edit: I realize this has been posted before, I didn't see it.
@Soren_Endon and @0xNaomi
I can think of very good reasons not to have dynmap show players. Why do you think it should?
This was removed.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I found a little bug while playing around as necro. If you equip a bow in the shield slot, then you can get 2-6 arrows fired before it removes it from the slot. Not sure if this works for all classes that can't use bows or just several. Once again just something I noticed. Pretty sure it has to do with how the slot works. This might also work for shields, but untested.
This isnt intended and was changed from 1.8 - we'll see if we can hotfix this soon.
@Ferrago

Kurrelgyre

Gold
Anything going on with farmer fix? A lot of farmer's features are not working, and all chests turn to stone if more than 7 blocks away. And this is just a gripe but please find a way to make music discs enchantable.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
The issue still remains, dynmap encourages ganking. You argue that it encourages pvp. It encourages ganking. If two pvp groups want to fight against each other, go ahead. Give each other coords. There's a class that can find people anyways right? Use that to swoop down on noobs. And the spawn needs to be larger, or new players need pvp protection for an hour or until they attack a player. It's not good for the server, because it keeps away new players, which kills the server.
The spawn on the Beta map IS NOT the spawn for full release.
That spawn will be larger and hopefully address the issue of spawncamping.
The no-pvp area around spawn on Beta is now larger, since yesterday. Well, let me know if it's not :D

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Anything going on with farmer fix? A lot of farmer's features are not working, and all chests turn to stone if more than 7 blocks away. And this is just a gripe but please find a way to make music discs enchantable.
Summon Skills work outside towns, @0xNaomi worked on a fix I believe.

The stone thing is a new Anti-Xray I think?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Summon Skills work outside towns, @0xNaomi worked on a fix I believe.

The stone thing is a new Anti-Xray I think?
Farmer fix is "in" but due to other issues in the code it never saved what was allowed, so nothing is. =/
Working on it.

Stone thing is the anti-xray.
Spigot got rid of theirs for 1.9 and while someone tried to add another one I think it never went through.
So... we have to use an external plugin for it =/

Kotios

Iron
1. Please add a profession that specializes in fishing, that can get increased rewards from fishing and higher chances of rare drops

2. I don't personally need this but it'd also be cool to have a 'Builder' profession that has boosts when building things.

3. I know you already know but this is just to add to the list so I don't forget: farmer skills are almost all broken from what I've seen as a level 35 farmer.

4. Please add a live market like there was pre-reset, and also the ability to sell most ingots to the server if players don't want to wait on the market (of course they would probably get less money for them if they do that ) and free /spawn even when you have chosen a profession.

5. Please make it easier for party members to see where eachother are, maybe a name tag that you can see through blocks for a limited distance or something similar.

6. Less varying in bow shots, sometimes I feel like it takes me 10 shots to kill a skeleton and other times 2, I don't know if it's the damage varying or something else but it's just something I noticed.

7. Clickable text in spawn like there was pre-reset, so that new players can easily pick classes and more importantly please add a section that says, for example "To learn basics about the game go to hc.to/guide and to learn about your class go to hc.to/wiki" because I feel like there are a lot of new players asking questions that can easily be found on the wiki.

8. Towns: some way for strong enough towns and individual people who aren't in towns to take over territory a town owns. Maybe through the amount of money the town/individual has (this probably wouldn't really work well) or maybe some metric that increases every day for each town member that came online (for example a town has 20 members and 5 come on, that town's "power" increases by 50), and the same thing could happen for individuals so if a lone wolf wants to take over a town he can if they're weak enough. In addition, every week a person is inactive it could decrease by 5 to prevent towns hoarding newbies or alts that never play. I just want this because I don't like that there is no way to attack another town.

9. Towns: There should be multiple town banks of varying sizes that are unlocked as the town levels up, the town leader should have complete control of who gets to view and deposit and withdraw from all of them, in addition a town leader or just town members should be able to buy more town banks and increase the size of current town banks.

10. Towns: Town leader should have control over town spawn and choose if it's free or not (if not the money goes into town bank) and where it is in addition to what ranks can use it and what ranks can't, maybe even different costs per rank if the leader wishes. Town spawn, as with all possibly long distance teleports should have a long delay, and I think 10 seconds is plenty.

11. Please add /sethome and /home with a decent delay (10 seconds seems good to me).

If I have more to add I'll just copy and paste this into a new post with the new things added.
I'm sure you've already seen at least some of these, feel free to ignore those.
Thanks for hopefully at least reading this.

I really only had one little thing that could be used for monetization but I'll try to add more with future suggestions.

@Kainzo

Last edited: