• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Township] Lórien [28] [Evil]

Zihara

Obsidian
I have a rough estimate on materials for the tree, but not the undercity and plot-trees we'll have :S

GraRona

Portal
I'm sure we'll have plenty of stone and plot-trees are a secondary concern so that should be fine...

EDIT:

Heads up, we may be running into severe problems very soon...
(I pray its a misunderstanding/trolling...)

Not trolling, but just a misunderstanding. I remember this being said during the October meeting (I think it was October correct me if I am wrong) but I'm fairly sure it will not be introduced.

agentjwall

Godly
Not trolling, but just a misunderstanding. I remember this being said during the October meeting (I think it was October correct me if I am wrong) but I'm fairly sure it will not be introduced.

Yah I thought that idea fell through the roof due to a lack of support but Kain's comment on the thread has me wondering...

GraRona

Portal
Yah I thought that idea fell through the roof due to a lack of support but Kain's comment on the thread has me wondering...

I am firmly against that idea. If Kain thinks of using it, I really hopes he comes and asks the community first because by the looks of it, most of us are going to give it a big NO.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
Township SystemPlayers join a Faction.
-There are only 3 Factions on the Dragon Map.
-Guilds are restricted by Faction.
IE: a player cannot join a north faction guild while being a citizen of the west faction. Only if they are neutral or of the same faction.
-There are only 3 Townships per Faction, not including the free "Kingdom Capital" township of that Faction.
Players can band together to form a township in that any faction area, but they must join that faction.

Faction Requirements.-You will be notified when you enter that faction's area.
-You may start a township, or build in the Kingdom Capital.
-You may vote for a King if you are part of that Faction. (Once every month.)
-You may vote for a Mayor if you are a part of that Township. (Once every month.)

-Township size will be a multiple of 16.
-There is no information regarding the region sizes of the small/medium/large Townships.
-Plot sizes will be a minimum of 16. (everywhere.)
-Townships will upgrade to City, and Capital's new sizes as well. Capital's aren't "Capitals" anymore.
-There is a limit of 3 Townships per Kingdom/Faction.
-The townships in this limit can be of any size, small/medium/large.
-Each Kingdom (or) Faction will have one free town, it must be built first. Also, the 'Kingdom Capital' must have a medieval theme. Per kainzo's wishes.
-Sleaker said there will be a castle requirement for the Faction's capital building.
-Kings and Mayors will be elected every month. There won't be SIC's any longer.
-If you start a Township (within a Faction), the person paying the fee becomes the Mayor.
"<Apherdite>: Is there a warning for dismantling?
<xexorian>: ^ as in the township losing its protection?
<Sleaker>: Apherdite - haven't done any specifics on that stuff yet
<Apherdite>: Okiedokie
<Apherdite>: Just seeing
<Sleaker>: but yes that's the end result if the town can't pay taxes and is no
longer active."

-No more rings in the sky.
-Signage and a chat notification let you know where you are.
-Townships should probably build walls immediately (once we know the size requirements.)
-Spawn will be located on a cardinal direction, with the 3 player factions being in the other cardinal directions.
-Middle area is "No Man's Land".
-"City" and "Capital" are just going to be levels of a Township.
-More citizens -> Upgrade to a higher tier.

GUILDS-Guilds are still formable
-There are 4 types of guilds, Neutral, and Guilds aligned with each of the 3 factions.
-Players who join a guild that is not aligned with a Kingdom/Faction, cannot join a Faction/Kingdom.
-(In General) Players can only join a guild if the guild is in their faction.
-Evil Neutral and Good "ALIGNMENT" is NO MORE.
-Neutral players can join Faction guilds. But are not required to join that faction. They are also restricted from joining any other opposing faction.
IE:
<Sleaker>: they can't be in another Kingdom, and join your guild that's for
another one
<Sleaker>: it's designed as a subsystem

REGARDING FACTION'S "KINGDOM CAPITAL"<Sleaker>: well the Kingdom/Faction areas wont lock building in that area
<xexorian>: so anyone can build?
<Sleaker>: in the general direction yes

I asked him about the capital's requirements. He said they needed a castle at the Faction/Kingdom Capital's.

<Sleaker>: doesn't have to be a castle, but I think Kainzo
was wanting a medieval theme for the map
<xexorian>: okay
<Sleaker>: and also since the Kingdom plot functions like an automatic free
city.. there's no rason not to use it
<Sleaker>: it would give you guys an extra city
<Sleaker>: and will most likely be larger than the largest city size
<xexorian>: okay
<xexorian>: and its location is predefined?
<xexorian>: is it on the main road itself, or at the end?
<Sleaker>: will be when we set it all up

REGARDING TOWNSHIP SIZE LIMITATIONS<Sleaker>: when kainzo sets all that you will know
<xexorian>: ok
<xexorian>: ttyl dude, thanks again.

NOTES
There will be no cardinal roads at the start of the map.
Kingdom Capital cities must have their "townhall" built, like a castle/medieval theme initially.
It will not be prebuilt.

WHAT THIS MEANS

THERE WILL BE NO "EMPIRE" ON THE DRAGON MAP.We need to decide which faction we're joining-After we know where spawn is located
We need to elect a king at the start of the map-Once we join our designated faction
We need to scratch ALL IDEAS for our townships, and come up with just THREE or maybe FOUR.
We need to re-designate all mayors to these 3 townships
We need to elect mayors every month
we need to scratch planned townships on private servers entirely
we need to consider plot sizes becoming a minimum of 16x16 (unfortunately I dont know the height)
We need to consider using guilds to spread out our people and to form more democracy.
Guilds can have their own faction, and players from that faction (only), and their own ranking systems.

A map will not help us become organized this early on because there is a lack of information set in stone by Kainzo at this time.
Sleaker has said he will begin working on the township system today as of 1/3/2012.

Finally, I asked them to let us know when we get a definite answer for the size of townships, at each level, so that we can plan a map.

CONSIDER THIS
keep in mind only the "Kingdom Capital" or "Faction Capital" will be set in stone, our 3 townships have to be in that general direction,
and, we can still coordinate where we want to place them.

Please note -- ALL citizens will vote for a "King" per faction. and only a specific township's citizens will vote for their "Mayor".

This means there will only be room for a King, which acts as mayor of the Kingdom/Faction capital city, and 3 more Mayors. Maybe 4. (Sleaker said there might be a 4 township limit. Probably not.)

So we need to carefully consider who we want for these positions initially.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
@ the above post.. What the hell is this? GAY SHIT. Keep it fun, keep it simplistic. This makes townships completely drone and I don't approve of it, neither do any of the people in my teamspeak channel. The township system we had on the zeal map was awesome, but this restriction stuff is completely stupid. If all this arbitary shit keeps coming out, Herocraft will lose its jist, and people will leave. Kainzo, if you read this, I understand what you're trying to do, and I probably sound like a total bitch right now because I totally am, but Herocraft was THE SHIT back during the summer, when you and your team weren't trying to change every fucking thing dude. I don't want this game to fall apart. :3

EDIT: I do however enjoy the self-management aspect.

shrimpy77

Glowstone
Maybe if we get lucky, we will find a skelly spawner while mining. Good source of exp, bones/bonemeal, and arrows as long as we set it up in a legal fashion.
Stealing my ideas on skype eh? xD, btw, youtube "TC surrender to Water Creepers", it's really funny shit because it's all stuff Jinder would do.

shrimpy77

Glowstone
Anyways, since I lost all my money for my computer because of the stupid piano, I won't be on as much as I usually am, I got work to do and money to earn :D.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
@c12095 update the council list on the op and I think I've found a good way to pick who is going to run the third town in the kingdom! I'll either tell you in TS later or inbox you in a bit.

GraRona

Portal
@c12095 update the council list on the op and I think I've found a good way to pick who is going to run the third town in the kingdom! I'll either tell you in TS later or inbox you in a bit.

Is there any chance that the people of Shattergate can make the third town? We feel that we can play our role properly in this position.

Jinder745

Obsidian
So I killed the Warervn person twice yesterday as a joke then he started to attack me I was fine with it at first because I had killed him then he started to bed camp me then removed my bed ._______.

Attachments

• 2012-01-04_23.15.31.png
    2012-01-04_23.15.31.png
    277 KB · Views: 18
  • 2012-01-04_23.16.00.png
    2012-01-04_23.16.00.png
    288.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 2012-01-04_23.29.23.png
    2012-01-04_23.29.23.png
    487 KB · Views: 10