• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Town] Lightforge {45} [Good] Xandria Dominion*RECRUITING*

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
While I appreciate that you guys were willing to take me in, I've had a change of heart. (good thing this didn't happen /when/ the server started up)

Sorry for taking your time.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I believe that it would be best if the town was partly over the ocean, and mostly on land, as we want to have some big epic buildings (a cathedral for instance) on the ground level, and there just may not be enough room on top, Also, the tower should be the same basic design as the last one, but on an odd-block basis, so the doors would be 3 wide instead of 2 for example. and @Haxnn, I like the idea of a contest, you can organize it, Also, @BigguthDickuth thats fine, Ill take you off the list.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Just to confirm, "Steampunk" is kinda... old-fashioned science fiction from the future?
Like instead of "power crystals", its all gears and bronze and old-fashioned clothes?
yep it is :) a lot of stuff from like early 1900's, so airships, zeppelins and such is very common. Stuff in brass, leather and wood is also very common.

At the end of Zeal, me and Pakistaniel (my only RL friend on HC) were planning the new SF as a city above the ocean, with lots of glass. We were planning on having large glass domes on the ocean floor and in the water that the city could be in, and floating island around a large central tower. Not created levels, but have it a lot more dyamic, with islands here and there, on all kinds of levels. We planned having the city above water because then it wouldn't be so dangerous to fall down. However, safety would be a big problem unless we make a wall around it all, or make the domes closed off from the outside, making them only accessible from the central tower.

If this had succeeded, we would have called the city SeaForge in memory of Capn_Danger's SeaLab on Zeal. However, my friend Pakistaniel didn't like the changes to the server, so that one gets ganked all the time while trying to build something epic. So he left the server, and I joined Newerth instead. :(

But if someone else likes the idea of a city under water and in the air at the same time, perhaps we could try it out? (making it safe could be a bit hard though, we would have to make some "guard islands" with a glass wall between to keep people out)

EDIT: I'm thinking something like this, only not floating on the surface but pushed all the way to stand like that on the ocean floor:
Sub-Biosphere-2-1.jpg

But ofcourse also have the domes slightly more random and varying than this (also in different heights), and having the middle dome also be a central tower up. To some floating city with more kind of a layout like this:
celtic.png

Comeon, say you love it :D

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I love is :D. That was sortof what I was thinking, that would make it alot more unique and cooler. I think there should only be 1 entrance this time, it would be an underwater entrance/tunnle like thing, that would lead in to the central tower. Even if we arn't near an ocean, i would gladly clear out land underneath and fill it with water so it looked like one. Wolever, even if it was overwater we could easly create space for epic buildings, we could still make things on the ground level, It would be a platform on the water with a glass pathway that lead to it. Or something along those lines. I also have good news!!! I am now a tier 3 donator thanks to domi and his christmas give-away! What coulor should I make my name?

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
The Tower Contest

Goal: Creat the coolest possible central tower for Lightforge.

Theme: Lightforge, don't make a obsidian tower with neather brick and black wool. But really make anything you think is epic.

Rules: The tower must be affordable to create, so not made up of gold blocks and diamond blocks. Everything must be partly symetrical. For example, if you wanted it to look steampunky then you could have gears placed in random spots and such, but the tower it self must be symetrical. It must be EPIC. make something your proud of and want to display.

Reward: The winner of the contest will recive 300c (when I get it) and have thier tower as the central tower in Lightforge.

Voting: In order to vote you must simply like the tower that you are voting for. You may only vote once.

Now lets see some cool towers.

I think we need a size requirement as well. :)
Diavolo, I would go so far as to say that underwater domes are one of my specialties. I plan on making a pretty epic one on the new map, in the middle of an ocean. When it gets completed I'll shoot you the coordinates so you can see it.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Also, We could expand our top layer to include such buildings as cathedral, guild halls etc. It would be a bit more crowded, but crowded makes it look busy and active. I'm not usualy very good with underwater construction, so thers could do that, But I think I want for the top layer to stay in a metropolitan city form, more like the last 2 Skyforges, as otherwise I think we're getting too close to copying the oriental floating island idea of (That place near Newerth.) Also, I like the idea of having a more planned middle and top layers, but maybe we could have some of the glass domes rising up from the ocean to form a sort of bottom layer.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Also, We could expand our top layer to include such buildings as cathedral, guild halls etc. It would be a bit more crowded, but crowded makes it look busy and active. I'm not usualy very good with underwater construction, so thers could do that, But I think I want for the top layer to stay in a metropolitan city form, more like the last 2 Skyforges, as otherwise I think we're getting too close to copying the oriental floating island idea of (That place near Newerth.) Also, I like the idea of having a more planned middle and top layers, but maybe we could have some of the glass domes rising up from the ocean to form a sort of bottom layer.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
lol. What reply are you waiting for regarding me? I just got 4 alerts and all of them was entun posting the same thing over and over. Thats wierd that that happened.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I might understand where you are going with the reply from me, if I am right, my brother pewpewpewlasers would like to be apart of skyforge again, and he said he is going to help out and be more active this map. I'll get him to make an application soon.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I would want it to be just slightly bigger than the old one, and try to make i so it is semi circular with one center block(so 3 wide doors?) Also, it should be light coulors, and maybe include lava