• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Town] Lightforge {45} [Good] Xandria Dominion*RECRUITING*

donnymeyer

Obsidian
...then who leads the town? ill step up if we need it. i also assume our faction guild will be the academy.

Lightforge
RoT towns (combined into one?)
Val/Valh/Hal?
others?

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Thanks wolever, I wasn't able to see this not being able to access it, but I am happy we did. So how do we plan to proceed? Will we still try and be the capital, and if so, it wouldn't be hard to make a Lightforge a medivale them.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
think that we should comine with the old OS guys to make an awesome newerth style capital, then from there branch out to make LF as planned. Also dony, I think that there a quite a few people higher up in the line of succession than you...

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
As much as I like newerth, and everyone in the OS, I would like to make Lightforge as soon as possible, with all the planning and discusion, it would feel abit useless toset it aside and put it off for later. We can make Lightforge an amazing town.

GraRona

Portal
yep it is :) a lot of stuff from like early 1900's, so airships, zeppelins and such is very common. Stuff in brass, leather and wood is also very common.

At the end of Zeal, me and Pakistaniel (my only RL friend on HC) were planning the new SF as a city above the ocean, with lots of glass. We were planning on having large glass domes on the ocean floor and in the water that the city could be in, and floating island around a large central tower. Not created levels, but have it a lot more dyamic, with islands here and there, on all kinds of levels. We planned having the city above water because then it wouldn't be so dangerous to fall down. However, safety would be a big problem unless we make a wall around it all, or make the domes closed off from the outside, making them only accessible from the central tower.

If this had succeeded, we would have called the city SeaForge in memory of Capn_Danger's SeaLab on Zeal. However, my friend Pakistaniel didn't like the changes to the server, so that one gets ganked all the time while trying to build something epic. So he left the server, and I joined Newerth instead. :(

But if someone else likes the idea of a city under water and in the air at the same time, perhaps we could try it out? (making it safe could be a bit hard though, we would have to make some "guard islands" with a glass wall between to keep people out)

EDIT: I'm thinking something like this, only not floating on the surface but pushed all the way to stand like that on the ocean floor:
Sub-Biosphere-2-1.jpg

But ofcourse also have the domes slightly more random and varying than this (also in different heights), and having the middle dome also be a central tower up. To some floating city with more kind of a layout like this:
celtic.png

Comeon, say you love it :D

Nearly the same idea as my future town so I'm coming to raid extra hard! :D

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Here's the thing; no answer on neutral townships, however, we can still build and it can't be griefed without risk of ban. Alator and some others were saying our empire plans were sound, just that there won't be an "official" empire. It would be our own alliances within a single faction.

So we must build in the same faction, that's all it really will boil down to. Also

we will have a kingdom "capital". the 4 townships are being revamped possibly to the following:

guild halls&misc / Village / Town / City / Kingdom Capital;

Outpost / Small / Medium / Large / Huge (within the client/server side files)

Also take note there is a new UserGroups setup as such;

NONE, Neutral, Outlaw, Enemy, Guest, Citizen, Veteran, Manager, Owner.

This applies to regions and factions, as well as guilds. Meaning, we can setup outlaw ranks against other usergroups and anyone in our faction can access this list with a chat command, or should be able to.

Also, Managers are essentially the SIC rank, or Sherrif rank as I call it in regards to Owner being the new Mayor rank (this is all internal documentation and code)

I talked with Sleaker about it.

Keep in mind if we don't join a faction there's still the possibility of a Neutral township. Alator said we don't even need regions, we can still build an effective "empire" without using the faction system, meaning we'd all be neutral or part of one giant guild, so we can turn pvp off I THINK for our guildies. I'm not 100% sure if they'll implement an automatic pvp off sub-system to guilds. Sleaker and kainzo need to expand on this system.

Also note, Kainzo mentioned IF HE CAN CODE IN MATERIAL COST (before the 6th?) FOR TOWNSHIPS, THEN IT WILL INDEED TAKE MATERIALS, AS IT IS NOW, ITS ONLY COIN!
ME: this clears things up, and this is xexorians post again

GraRona

Portal
It was our idea first!

Nope, I came up with it alllllll the way back in Zeal when the map wipe was not announced. Anyways, shootin' for getting township before you guys to make sure I can call you guys the copy cats.... ehehhehe

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I am excited for the sixth, I would assume manager would be like Sic and sherif Tic, Veterens would be like council members. So would we be the kingdom capital in our kingdome? If you think a medival style town is a problem to do, last map we were almost like a medival style town, but in the sky. We had farms, a public bath, a cathedral, nice medival style walls, old fashion dungeon/gallows. We could be a town within 3 days.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
public bath??? was it that weird water above the lave thing? also, who will be the veterans first since they will be elected.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah.. also my spelling/typoing is horrible today... We might get 15 pages without the map even being up :p

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
Would someone kindly tell me how to do spoilers please? And I know I'm no longer officially apart of lightforge but if it's okay with you guy's I'd still like to submit my steampunk tower, I finished it while I was still on the train :p.