• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Town] Lightforge {45} [Good] Xandria Dominion*RECRUITING*

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I like it, but I doubt we'll have that much glowstone to use. Also, Diav, if at anypoint you wish to become mayor (or SiC) again, the job is yours, providing that you haven't done anything bad to us or our allies in that time.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I think we should call the city LightForge, new name is always good.

However, I have lately heard more of the plans for the different towns. And I think making 6 towns to start is pretty retarded. I'm not sure if you were here last map? Everyone got raped because there were too many towns being started. Also NEO and KRS planned on having 2 kingdoms, when in reality there were just 2 really active cities: Shin Kyoto and Newerth. That made it take 6 months before They managed to get one kingdom: OS.

6 MONTHS! WTF?

Do we intend to do the same mistakes and get raided hard all the time the first 2 months, and not get kingdom before after 6 months? I do not. I really wish to be in LightForge, because I think it will be the most epic town on HC this map, but if we stick with the plan to make a kingdom with Canterlot and "donnymeyet's town" I will be forced to join Newerth or Nevermore in the beginning, and rather come help out LF get it's rings later. I know you might feel like things is going to go quickly in the beginning. It's not. Startup is slow, very slow. No infrastructure, no tools, no levels, no regions, people raiding you constantly because you are super easy bait. We need to stick together with the 2 other biggest towns that we are allies with.

Also, donny tried to make a town on last map, when he had all the infrastrucure, levels and tools, but he gave up. It will be harder now, I'm just saying.
All of KoE will start as residents of Lightforge and the other two will separate as it is prudent for them to do so. Lightforge will remain well-supported.

Also, I want to make my own center tower. I'll get you pics within a day or two.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I believe that I will postpone the decision for SiC, as I don't have as yet the applications of firebomb428 and kourne. We also want to see how they perform on the next map, and not base all our decision on what they did in Zeal. Are you wishing for SiC position Daz?
EDIT: firebomb428 will be gone 'till January the Sixth.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I think I would like to SiC for Lightforge. If I get the spot, you have to promise not to disappear with no warning, though! I don't want to be Acting Mayor. ]:

Why do you wish to join Skyforge?:
Love the idea of a floating city. Skyforge was the town I joined in Sanctum, but I was too stupid back then to figure out SMP.... Also, Dazureus let me know that this existed, and TheMormon's a friend of mine.
How long have you been on the server?:
Uggh... No freakin' clue. Like I said, I played a tiny bit on Sanctum, but couldn't get the hang of playing with other people, so... I was probably active for a few months on Zeal (didn't have a clue that SkyForge was there, though)
What will your class be (Spec included)?:
I was thinking Healer/Cleric, but I might do a Caster. Farmer as my profession.
Past towns?:
I forget. Arcadia? I didn't participate enough for it to be significant.
What do you believe you can contribute to the town?:
Circles. Not even kidding. I built the 100x100x50 glass dome on the Zeal map.
On a slightly more serious note, as a farmer I will be planning to have an enormous food supply which I will gladly give to the town. (plus pumpkins, sugar cane, and cacti)

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
I like it, but I doubt we'll have that much glowstone to use. Also, Diav, if at anypoint you wish to become mayor (or SiC) again, the job is yours, providing that you haven't done anything bad to us or our allies in that time.

:) I will only kill EVIL people, so if we only ally good and neutral ones it should be possible to uphold that. About the city development, I think that having everyone as LF citizens in the beginning, and then branching out the other cities as we grow is a very good idea. That way we can very fast get farms and mines safe and functional, while when they other cities are being buildt, LF can help them out. That way the active players who enjoy building will have a lot of cool things to work at all the time, while the cities grow fast.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I suggest that for future development of Lightforge, everyone will have the option of a free 12x12 or a 15x15 for 500c. I have made a nice house that is 15x15 so thats kinda why I want it. I think we should hold a contest to see who can make the best central tower. (keep things afordable). The winner will get thier central tower made in Lightforge AND I will give them 100c. (when I get it). Wolever wht do you think of this. Everyone will get a vote, Votes will be likes, so like the tower if you vote for it. Seaking of contests I won 20$ worth of donation to herocraft from a christmas draw! :) What colour should I make my name?

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
When was this christmas draw??!! Also, I like the vote idea, but I will not sanction an abhomination of a tower because people think its a fun idea. You're accepted eisbaer. go green haxnn

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
I suggest that for future development of Lightforge, everyone will have the option of a free 12x12 or a 15x15 for 500c. I have made a nice house that is 15x15 so thats kinda why I want it. I think we should hold a contest to see who can make the best central tower. (keep things afordable). The winner will get thier central tower made in Lightforge AND I will give them 100c. (when I get it). Wolever wht do you think of this. Everyone will get a vote, Votes will be likes, so like the tower if you vote for it. Seaking of contests I won 20$ worth of donation to herocraft from a christmas draw! :) What colour should I make my name?

the reason why I enforced the 12x12 size plots so much on hero is because on zeal the town became just chaos up in the top level. I wanted all the plots to have the same size, and enforce it, to make sure there would always be space to look down, and not having the whole town work as if it was just a ground level town where you just couldnt see the sky above you when you were at the bottom. In Zeal we had 10x10 plots though, but on hero I figured since I would not allow addons, there would be nice with a bit bigger plots.

Having 12x12 and 15x15 plots will make the levels less structured, more chaotic, there will be less room to look down, there will be less plots, and generally less air everywhere. However, the city will feel more dynamic, more vibrant and alive, and more money will be gotten for the town with the 500c from the bigger plots. (however, if we ever wanna even become a town at all, we will need donations too, so that money would be gotten anyway, but sure, some people are cheapoes.)

About the mid tower: I really like the steampunk theme, and I'm hoping we can develop the town even more in that direction now. So, I suggest the mid tower is being buildt in the steampunk style. I tried to make something like a "main engine" style to it with the lava spirals on hero, but I think it can be made a lot cooler. Also, I think the mid tower should have a jump down shaft like we had last map. How about 4 tubes going up, 2 jump down and 2 water elevator ones? Pretty nice before we get a high level mason (which we never got on hero).

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
We should not have it too dark though, as we are LIGHTforge, so maybe we can have the engine feel along with a lightly coloured tower. Also, about our name. The plus to Lightforge is that its new and vibrant and all that, but the plus to Skyforge is first that it tells our theme right away, and it has a nice long heritage to it. What do you all think of the name, Skyforge or Lightforge? I've said this before, but the replies were scattered and few.
EDIT: also, the tower should probably be on an odd number basis build, so as we can have one centre block.

Over the ocean would be *slightly* safer when you fell off the path. ;)

Perhaps after we're safely established a city in the overworld, DarkForge would be a cool base in the Nether, but we'd need enough Necros...

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Woleverentun would it be ok if I help the contest to see who can make the coolest tower, this would let everyone share what they want. I also agree with diavolo about the tower should look, so steampunk could be the theam. Also the 15x15 would be at the end of the roads or at the beggining of them, just so it dosn't look as crazy and un organized.

Just to confirm, "Steampunk" is kinda... old-fashioned science fiction from the future?
Like instead of "power crystals", its all gears and bronze and old-fashioned clothes?