• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT The Final Stand - New Era/Map Reset

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
To everyone:

We are behind on the township plugin. I hired a developer 3 weeks ago (and paid half upfront) and hes yet to finish things to be in a testable state.

I'm scrambling now to find a developer that can get this put together so we can test it. Please bear with us.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
To everyone:

We are behind on the township plugin. I hired a developer 3 weeks ago (and paid half upfront) and hes yet to finish things to be in a testable state.

I'm scrambling now to find a developer that can get this put together so we can test it. Please bear with us.
Is the style of the towns plugin going to be like the one Multi and Phoenix were working on? I really thought it had potential just was a bit too complicated and buggy at times. I did like sustaining/making money off the town because it really just let me pvp or whatever and not worry at all about taxes.

Arcan1x

Soulsand
Leveling, what do you mean by less strict leveling?
To my understanding, it's making leveling a lot easier, like it was before the new dungeons were put in.

Edit: Realized this was already answered and I was confused with the pages, sorry.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Is the style of the towns plugin going to be like the one Multi and Phoenix were working on? I really thought it had potential just was a bit too complicated and buggy at times. I did like sustaining/making money off the town because it really just let me pvp or whatever and not worry at all about taxes.
I'd rather not have towns generate currency directly. I think that's a bad economic system. However, towns will generate materials that will be traded for economic gain and town levels.

Moisty

Glowing Redstone
After playing prison/faction servers (and the occasional vanilla server) my whole time throughout Minecraft, I eventually got bored. I started to play WoW, man is that a fun game! But something (my bank account) told me that I need to back off of it for a bit and check back up on how Minecraft was going...then I found Herocraft.

Never have I thought that somebody would put so much work to create a server that not many players had previously requested, this was a huge risk creating this! Person after person join the server absolutely loving it! Now to observe this whole community dedicated to see this server rise above all others...it's such an inspiration to see all of you guys working together to keep the one real RP server in MC online.

Seriously @Kainzo, I have not personally talked to you, but from what I've heard--you're the right one to do the job. Please keep up the amazing work you've developed, it'd be a shame to see this successful project end its odyssey in flames.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Anyway we could get karma back? Really miss those titles :(
We still have it, I'll see if I can throw it in and test it before release. I really do like the karmic system. It gives players a reason to state "should I murder you for your gear or not?"

I see the only real way of having karma working is to actually put a penalty on non-war time murder. A lot of pvpers may not feel this way though.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What do you guys want out of a spawn? A gorgeous view? actual reason to go there? Shops/Crates, etc?

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best setup and what was most successful in our time of Herocraft. It seems that Bastion spawn has been used twice so we arent going that route. The Trade area of Bastion was also really terrible.

I'm wanting to have the Trade district in a separate world named "Hall of Heroes" and in that world you can buy plots, advertising your towns, shops, etc. Having this centralized trade makes it almost meaningless to have a spawn though since it will only be for blocks.

Thoughts?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
What do you guys want out of a spawn? A gorgeous view? actual reason to go there? Shops/Crates, etc?

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best setup and what was most successful in our time of Herocraft. It seems that Bastion spawn has been used twice so we arent going that route. The Trade area of Bastion was also really terrible.

I'm wanting to have the Trade district in a separate world named "Hall of Heroes" and in that world you can buy plots, advertising your towns, shops, etc. Having this centralized trade makes it almost meaningless to have a spawn though since it will only be for blocks.

Thoughts?
- Spawn pits for some shenanigans
- a TD with rentable shops and a Main building for the DHX
- simplistic Nexus with Herogates & server portals
- basically DG Spawn again, that setup worked IMO

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

Thoughts?
Haven's spawn wasn't bad.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I like all of this for sure...
I personally loved Valorium's spawn, but once I discovered the market there was little incentive to explore any of the small shops or the cool little Easter eggs. Maybe you should could do something like that, with less emphasis on the market and more emphasis on small shops? Possibly raise market taxes further, and place the shops on the same path to the market. It'd encourage player to player sales over market sales because people can effectively charge less for non-market based supplies and compete with the market. The market can be used for more difficult items to sell via chest shops, such as codices and things of the like.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I personally loved Valorium's spawn, but once I discovered the market there was little incentive to explore any of the small shops or the cool little Easter eggs. Maybe you should could do something like that, with less emphasis on the market and more emphasis on small shops? Possibly raise market taxes further, and place the shops on the same path to the market. It'd encourage player to player sales over market sales because people can effectively charge less for non-market based supplies and compete with the market. The market can be used for more difficult items to sell via chest shops, such as codices and things of the like.
I think raising market prices or restricting its usage only to a set of classes would be more beneficial.
Haven's spawn wasn't bad.
I agree with this, but I feel the spawn is useless if there's little incentive to actually go there and use it. Pits probably are the most fun for users.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I think raising market prices or restricting its usage only to a set of classes would be more beneficial.

Raise the price and limit classes to what they can sell (merchant can do all, farmers farming goods, etc)

Make chest shops affordable, with a long term benefit (lower taxes).

Have a DHX surrounded by chest shops, in the dhx have the market chests. No insta warp to the dhx (unless via skill), have players walk past the chest shops.

Have large billboards for advertising.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
So everyone want me to make an updated dragon guard spawn?

Still liked the spawn for Haven with all the small buildings

I think for trade to be what it was before, enchanters enchants on gear have to be valuable - so none of this ridiculous gear we had this map.