• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

September Notes (8.0.0)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
- Fixed the drop on Symbol of Acquisition, the new ones now have Fortune 1.
- Shopkeeper Exchange Clerk now trades new-symbols for old-symbol items + relics.

Last edited by a moderator:

LarryDeCable

Max Legacy Supporter
/town spawn should just be disabled, that's what marking and recalling are for. People are just getting lazy now and walking less which means less interaction outside of towns. Needs to be more hardcore, if you walk across the map you better have redstone to recall or else your out of luck and have to walk back to town which means increased player interaction on the walk back.
Dude it only goes to 1 point The town, recalls could be anywhere. 2nd it makes towns Some small revenue which is direly needed. And really for massive pvp battles it keeps people in the game longer.

Guardian787

Legacy Supporter 9
Dude it only goes to 1 point The town, recalls could be anywhere. 2nd it makes towns Some small revenue which is direly needed. And really for massive pvp battles it keeps people in the game longer.

You wouldn't get in any pvp battles because people can warp to spawn, recall somewhere, and teleport to your town spawn.

It should go back to the old days when only wizards could port to spawn, you only get 1 mark to recall to, no town spawn to teleport to.
Then you have to actually walk to herogates to get around.

LarryDeCable

Max Legacy Supporter
You wouldn't get in any pvp battles because people can warp to spawn, recall somewhere, and teleport to your town spawn.

It should go back to the old days when only wizards could port to spawn, you only get 1 mark to recall to, no town spawn to teleport to.
If people don't want to pvp I.e (noobs) I say give them a way out. Camping noobs has always been big problems. Have the people wanting to pvp pvp. The only thing this allows is NO camping.

If people don't want to pvp I.e (noobs) I say give them a way out. Camping noobs has always been big problems. Have the people wanting to pvp pvp. The only thing this allows is NO camping.
The way out for noobs such as myself is just to run. Frankly if I was attacking someone and they teleport away it would be infuriating. At least if they run it is still a bit of a game.

Plus with a 10 second warmup and it being impossible to use in PvP it will really not affect PvP at all. If they run and then try to use it the person hunting them still has 10 seconds to catch up and hit them once. Any attempt to use it while there is any potential of being attacked is useless unless you are hidden perfectly. And there is also really no difference between this and recall. So basically your reasons are unfounded.

I surprisingly enough have to side with you on this. Usually I advocate peace, but with this it gives almost no reason to travel except when going to a dungeon, different town, or gathering resources. Without the need to travel to spawn, a base, or a town that takes out three of the most common times to PvP someone outside of the new PvP dungeons.

If the server was to mainly support the older PvP focused players they would have limited teleports as much as possible to encourage as much fighting as possible. At the moment it seems like they are instead trying to create an environment friendlier to new players with recent changes to lore and this newest patch. To balance this out however they have lowered the time before death chests break making PvP more lucrative in a shorter amount of time, and not to mention the entire map being PvP as well.

I honestly think it is a fair compromise that will raise the majority of both side's happiness with the server.

Guardian787

Legacy Supporter 9

The point is noobs aren't the ones using it, had a big battle and people just warped home. If Town Spawn is going to stay then the only exception would be to set it so you can't be in combat and you can't be moving. Otherwise when people are about to die they just run around and kite until their 30 seconds is up and then disappear, quite a noob way to exit combat. Fight or run, if you are able to hide and teleport that is a different story.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The point is noobs aren't the ones using it, had a big battle and people just warped home. If Town Spawn is going to stay then the only exception would be to set it so you can't be in combat and you can't be moving. Otherwise when people are about to die they just run around and kite until their 30 seconds is up and then disappear, quite a noob way to exit combat. Fight or run, if you are able to hide and teleport that is a different story.
If a noob wants a way out rather than trying to get their camped stuff, they can /town spawn at the nice, safe PvP-OFF graveyard.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're attempting to make some exceptions to the skill. Namely if you are in combat you can't teleport. Though this may have very insane effects with other Heroes skills.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
We're attempting to make some exceptions to the skill. Namely if you are in combat you can't teleport. Though this may have very insane effects with other Heroes skills.
RIP GroupTeleport?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
8.0.5 - New Skills! Tier 2 Ultimates!
- Tier 2 Utlimates > http://pastie.org/private/bvax9dzqs0n3y65tbf2g
- Added level-up ding noise to classes.
- LWC cost/amount changes and supporter updates. (info)
- Scaled down the miniboss item drops, no longer will Fire Aspect VI be a thing.
- Changed Warp to use 3 blocks of redstone, rather than 3 emeralds.

Last edited:
I'm not 100% where to post this, but since I figured it would be in a patch eventually I will ask it here:

Any idea when the creative world will be up? I read the map announcement thread and didn't really see an answer. If I missed it somewhere I apologize.