• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

September Notes (8.0.0)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
/town spawn should just be disabled, that's what marking and recalling are for. People are just getting lazy now and walking less which means less interaction outside of towns. Needs to be more hardcore, if you walk across the map you better have redstone to recall or else your out of luck and have to walk back to town which means increased player interaction on the walk back.
Debating this.

On one side, I want people to be able to defend their town via a banner/call to arms, on the other I dont want the mass teleports happening cheaply.

Perhaps 10c is too cheap, 25c may be a better cost.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
/town spawn should just be disabled, that's what marking and recalling are for. People are just getting lazy now and walking less which means less interaction outside of towns. Needs to be more hardcore, if you walk across the map you better have redstone to recall or else your out of luck and have to walk back to town which means increased player interaction on the walk back.
- /town spawn - now takes 25c to use.

Guardian787

Legacy Supporter 9
- /town spawn - now takes 25c to use.

The money just goes into the town bank though doesn't it? So you would never actually loose the money your town could just give it back to you.

Also, at least make it so you have to be out of combat and maybe even standing still, we have seen even more people we are PVPing all of the sudden disappear while we are attacking them because if they get low health they just have a button macro for town spawn and they press it and run in circles for 30 seconds until they teleport.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The money just goes into the town bank though doesn't it? So you would never actually loose the money your town could just give it back to you.

Also, at least make it so you have to be out of combat and maybe even standing still, we have seen even more people we are PVPing all of the sudden disappear while we are attacking them because if they get low health they just have a button macro for town spawn and they press it and run in circles for 30 seconds until they teleport.
Out of the 25c, 5c goes to the bank.

We're working on this making it less appealing while giving the players a costly freedom. If we cant find something that works, we'll just rip it out entirely.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Out of the 25c, 5c goes to the bank.

We're working on this making it less appealing while giving the players a costly freedom. If we cant find something that works, we'll just rip it out entirely.
good choice

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8

Is the warm-up actually 30 seconds? If so, is there not a speed debuff for this duration? Shouldn't the warm-up be interrupted if you are engaged in combat? Is this enough questions?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Is the warm-up actually 30 seconds? If so, is there not a speed debuff for this duration? Shouldn't the warm-up be interrupted if you are engaged in combat? Is this enough questions?
Town spawn is not (currently?) a Heroes skill. It waits forever but is uninterruptable with no speed debuff. If you've activated it, for one your money's already gone (not sure why it charges first) and for two you're going to get teleported, just last it out.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Prism (/pr i) is now working for Towny: Ranks Mayor to Council.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Town spawn is not (currently?) a Heroes skill. It waits forever but is uninterruptable with no speed debuff. If you've activated it, for one your money's already gone (not sure why it charges first) and for two you're going to get teleported, just last it out.

Yikes. I vote to disable it until some debuffs can be thrown on it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
- Introduced /servers in the Lobby. Granted all users a compass upon joining, will enable them to right-click to select a server. (Thanks @lordachoo for the framework!)

LarryDeCable

Max Legacy Supporter
I thought plots were fixed?
The regular plot for sale is fine, but you can't set radi For example: /plot forsale 10 within rect 10 also SiC can't do /town set plotprice 10.

So basically you can only give private chunks out

Last edited:

Junarcel

Legacy Supporter 3
Why not make it so that you'll need redstone blocks to teleport to your /town spawn

I'd rather pay in redstone blocks, than spending all my coins of a quick tp to town.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Why not make it so that you'll need redstone blocks to teleport to your /town spawn

I'd rather pay in redstone blocks, than spending all my coins of a quick tp to town.
Note, atm ALL the coins for the town spawn port go to the town (well, they did yesterday) and as a consequence help the town with paying its daily taxes.

I know its @Kainzo's intent that part go to the server.

I'm just saying that town port fees contribute significantly at this stage to enabling towns to pay their daily taxes.

These port fees are effectively an activity tax on members, and for that reason I think they are a fine thing.