• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

September Notes (8.0.0)

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
-- Disabled "chests" from the list of action blocks, they can now be opened in Towny Advanced claims.

A little confused here, does this mean only town members can access chests within a town? Probably not, but thought I'd ask anyway

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Hc.to/Rules has been updated!

TL;DR:

Legend:
  • Existing Category Modified
  • Added Category
  • Added Rule
  • Removed Rule

Town Theft as a Town Member
  • If a town member is caught stealing from their own town, the theft may be reported via petition. Town owners have access to block logs, /pr i.
  • Staff will identify the thief and report the name to the mayor or any active manager of the town.
  • Town managers now have access to block logs, use /pr i.
Township Sieging (REMOVED)
  • Attacking players may construct cannons within 100 blocks of Townships
    • These structures must be removed before you leave the area (UNDER REVIEW, not an active rule)
    • Defending players are allowed to break and destroy siege devices to protect their township/residence
Noble & Royal & Embassy Plot General Rules
  • Extended these rules to Embassy Plots as well.
    • Any plot not conforming with the rules will have a week to show progress on correcting those areas.
Embassy Plot Specific Rules (Added to the Rules)
  • Embassy Plots are intended to be a physical representation of a town inside of Spawn to showcase themselves and as a means to generate a profit.
  • Purchasable by Town Owners only
    • Town's name must be clearly posted on the plot.
    • Non-town owners will have their plot removed without warning.
  • Not intended to be lived out of.
    • Shops are welcome to provide more income for the town.
    • Mass storage is not allowed and subject to removal.
Enforcement
  • General guidelines, certain steps may be skipped depending on the rule broken.
Trade District Rules
  • The trade of in game currency for real money items from the Shop will not be enforced.
    • Scamming will not be allowed, staff will not force the purchase but will refund the in game currency.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
/town spawn should just be disabled, that's what marking and recalling are for. People are just getting lazy now and walking less which means less interaction outside of towns. Needs to be more hardcore, if you walk across the map you better have redstone to recall or else your out of luck and have to walk back to town which means increased player interaction on the walk back.

I disagree in removing it.
Although it removes some travel, it's really only gaining two advantages over the last map, graveyard recalls and allowing you to use your mark for something other then your "home". I am not sure how you are not forced to walk around the map anymore, but I am still running all over the place non stop even with /town and /recall. I suppose if you are only ever in your town and at spawn then this would happen, but any raiding, resource gathering, dungeoneering or exploring still require the same amount to running around.

Recall in the past has never been anything but a home button, but why even have recall if it's only ever been a /home? This change allows players to actually use mark to mark something they have interest in, while still maintaining their "home."
Out of graveyard only hurts one set of players, merchants who want to sell Redstone on the edges of a graveyard, otherwise this change allows players that were killed during a raid to actually get back to their town and requip and helps prevent graveyard camping of any players that are in a township. Both or which are good things for the server IMO.

Although your suggestion does create a more "hardcore" experience, it does not make a "better hardcore" experience, and in fact would reduce both PvP and QoL for most players.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I disagree in removing it.
Although it removes some travel, it's really only gaining two advantages over the last map, graveyard recalls and allowing you to use your mark for something other then your "home". I am not sure how you are not forced to walk around the map anymore, but I am still running all over the place non stop even with /town and /recall. I suppose if you are only ever in your town and at spawn then this would happen, but any raiding, resource gathering, dungeoneering or exploring still require the same amount to running around.

Recall in the past has never been anything but a home button, but why even have recall if it's only ever been a /home? This change allows players to actually use mark to mark something they have interest in, while still maintaining their "home."
Out of graveyard only hurts one set of players, merchants who want to sell Redstone on the edges of a graveyard, otherwise this change allows players that were killed during a raid to actually get back to their town and requip and helps prevent graveyard camping of any players that are in a township. Both or which are good things for the server IMO.

Although your suggestion does create a more "hardcore" experience, it does not make a "better hardcore" experience, and in fact would reduce both PvP and QoL for most players.
I don't really care if it is kept in or removed but I want to add to the conversation that it also hurts Runesmith's business a little bit.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
New PhatLoot table for Dungeon chests.

24 Hour Cooldown for each individual player still, each player can loot each dungeon once every 24 hours.

100% Loot Chance:
• XP = 200
• Coin = 20
• Bread = 10
• One of the following: 3 Ender Pearl / 5 Leather / 3 Emerald / 3 Diamond / 5 Slimeball

5% Loot Chance:
• One of the following: Symbol of Acquistion / Medal of Vengeance
• One of the following: Soul of the Pure / Soul of the Corrupt

1% Loot Chance:
• Dungeoneer Token (Collect 5 for a title)

Thanks to FazeAlpine for the idea of Symbols, he really wanted credit for IRL vailidation, gold star for you.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
- Towny Plot Claim should be functioning, HeroTitles info-node issues have been patched (@mung3r thanks!)

Preparing Crate Revamp and Crate III's
Crate of Loot II
- Removed Ankh as a possibility / reward
Crate of Loot III
- Pink Iron Cross Titles (prefix & suffix - mega prize)
- Max Backpack (mega prize)
- Loot Token 3 (mega prize)
- Pet Wither (mega prize)
... more to come

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
- Towny Plot Claim should be functioning, HeroTitles info-node issues have been patched (@mung3r thanks!)

Preparing Crate Revamp and Crate III's
Crate of Loot II
- Removed Ankh as a possibility / reward
Crate of Loot III
- Pink Iron Cross Titles (prefix & suffix - mega prize)
- Max Backpack (mega prize)
- Loot Token 3 (mega prize)
- Pet Wither (mega prize)
... more to come
What if you already have pet wither :p

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
  • Noble & Royal & Embassy Plot General Rules
    • Any plot not conforming with the rules will have a week to show progress on correcting those areas.
  • Embassy Plots are intended to be a physical representation of a town inside of Spawn to showcase themselves and as a means to generate a profit.

@MunchlaxHero
[708, 84, -186]

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
  • Noble & Royal & Embassy Plot General Rules
@MunchlaxHero
[708, 84, -186]
I like how you mention my name when I do not own it and also do not worry about it, its being taken care of

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
I like how you mention my name when I do not own it and also do not worry about it, its being taken care of

I didn't look at the plot owner, I /cinfo'd the chest and one was yours. Since you're a Guide/Proctor, I thought knowing the updated rules would be of importance to you. Also, I'll worry about whatever I want to, thanks though. :D

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
- Added Mayor & Council permission for Prism (prism.lookup.paginate)
Please give Prism use to second-in-command as well.

A little confused here, does this mean only town members can access chests within a town? Probably not, but thought I'd ask anyway
Negative, it means they arent in the "use" flag toggle anymore.
I understand this means that town managers can no longer toggle

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
- Hopefully adjusted LWC's config to respect Towny Advanced
- You may lock things that only town-mates can use, ex. /cprivate town:TownName or /cprivate t:TownName (@WitchOnaRampage this may be important for Wiki)