• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Single-use 'Track' Item

spiralz

Obsidian
Have you ever wanted to track a player on the server, but there were no ranger's capable of doing so? Or maybe the only ranger that can track has relations with your future victim? Well, what if there was a rare/uncommon 'Track' item that can be acquired somehow which allows the user one track and consumes the item? You would not have to worry about anyone knowing who you are hunting.

This item's rarity could be tweaked to still allow rangers their place on the Track market. This item could also use the Compass model. It would work exactly the same way as a ranger's track (or to make it somewhat special, it could give the target's exact coords), but only be usable once (given that you have only one Track item) and disappears on use. I'm not sure what a good name for this item would be, though. Maybe something like 'Hunter's Compass', I don't know. I'm also a bit unsure of how this item would be acquired, but maybe a loot crate could award it or possibly a random mob drop. Or maybe a Runesmith could craft it at a moderate/high cost.

Let me know what you all think.

KuroKy

Gold
Love the idea of not having to rely on rangers.Although I think they should be more like runestones where they could be used multiple times. And hell, maybe even a profession like runesmith for it.
Poll maybe?

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
(or to make it somewhat special, it could give the target's exact coords),
How about for a little bit of balance and to keep Rangers still relevant(although they can still kick some decent ass in pvp) have it so when the rangers use this compass they can get the exact coordinates.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Love the idea of not having to rely on rangers.Although I think they should be more like runestones where they could be used multiple times. And hell, maybe even a profession like runesmith for it.
Poll maybe?
I think that you have some decent ideas here, although the idea of a new procession set to one object is a bad idea. I like the idea them being used multiple times, makes more sense to actually track down a target. But once used on a target, the compass will point to them for 2 minutes, and display their exact coordinates at the beginning and the end of the 2 minutes, after that, the compass would vanish. Possibly a rare drop from the new mythic bosses that are coming VERY soon. When I say rare, I mean more rare than V relics, and make sure they only drop from the bosses, as a sort of legendary artifact, like the tomes, and the knowledge crystals.

This should allow the ranger to still have it's track market, while allowing a shit ton more expensive and more accurate way to track someone.

spiralz

Obsidian
I think that you have some decent ideas here, although the idea of a new procession set to one object is a bad idea. I like the idea them being used multiple times, makes more sense to actually track down a target. But once used on a target, the compass will point to them for 2 minutes, and display their exact coordinates at the beginning and the end of the 2 minutes, after that, the compass would vanish. Possibly a rare drop from the new mythic bosses that are coming VERY soon. When I say rare, I mean more rare than V relics, and make sure they only drop from the bosses, as a sort of legendary artifact, like the tomes, and the knowledge crystals.

This should allow the ranger to still have it's track market, while allowing a shit ton more expensive and more accurate way to track someone.

That would be a cool item in itself, but I'd still like to see one simple track I can use as a non-ranger. It happens frequently where I want to find someone to kill them (obviously), but either no ranger online is high enough level to track or they have relations with my target. I'd like to be able to go over to my LWC, grab out the one tracking item I have to make that quick track once just to get an idea of where they are. Since this map is so large (much larger than the past maps), it's very unlikely to find anyone without a track unless you know where their town/base is etc. The advantage to using a ranger, rather than this item, is that they can retrack and give updated coords, which this item would not do and it would keep ranger tracks relevant. Ranger is currently the only 3rd-party way to find someone on the map and that can be a bit inconvenient at times which is why I think this item could work.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
That would be a cool item in itself, but I'd still like to see one simple track I can use as a non-ranger. It happens frequently where I want to find someone to kill them (obviously), but either no ranger online is high enough level to track or they have relations with my target. I'd like to be able to go over to my LWC, grab out the one tracking item I have to make that quick track once just to get an idea of where they are. Since this map is so large (much larger than the past maps), it's very unlikely to find anyone without a track unless you know where their town/base is etc. The advantage to using a ranger, rather than this item, is that they can retrack and give updated coords, which this item would not do and it would keep ranger tracks relevant. Ranger is currently the only 3rd-party way to find someone on the map and that can be a bit inconvenient at times which is why I think this item could work.
Honestly, I'm for any idea that places less Ninjnubs and RangEZ's on the battlefield.

spiralz

Obsidian
Honestly, I'm for any idea that places less Ninjnubs and RangEZ's on the battlefield.

I don't think it would lessen the amount of those classes. Being a Ninja or Ranger would still be a better alternative to trying to collect these items assuming some players choose those classes for their ability to track.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
I really like the sound of this item. I'd suggest that Runesmiths be given the ability to craft it (they already have the ability to create stones to warp people around and are able to see in the distance, it wouldn't be too far fetched if they could make a stone that allows people to scry)

Runesmiths were in a sad position last map due to /spawn and now it's even worse with /spawn taking redstone blocks and the addition of /town spawn. Other then making beacons and the odd runestone to the nether they have little to no purpose currently, the addition of this item would do more then make up for that though!

Of course we don't want it to be too easy to obtain, so it should be a high level skill and perhaps use up one emerald block (giving emeralds some value once again) to create this item.

To those of you who say this till hurt rangers and their business, I say so what? Wizards and druids have already lost their business with porting and gtp pretty much, such things are more of a convenience then a marketable service now. Why shouldn't track be the same way at this point? With compasses it'd be far less expensive to track a lot as a ranger so there will still be some incentive to playing one.

Last edited:

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Runesmiths were in a sad position last map due to /spawn and now it's even worse with /spawn taking redstone blocks and the addition of /town spawn.

What is this /spawn and /town spawn that you speak of? This sounds like /babymode and I don't like it.