• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Samurai - The Way of The Warrior.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
And nows a good time I think to determine left click damage. Above average is what, 56 damage at level 65 with a diamond sword?

I never got the chance to play or play against samurai, but from what I've heard it had the Best left click. Intentional change?
Well Dragoon has the highest melee at 56. The rest of the warrior are 46 (Berserker and Dreadknight) and 47 (Paladin). So is Dragoon retaining it dominance of highest melee? Either way 50+ sounds about right.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Well Dragoon has the highest melee at 56. The rest of the warrior are 46 (Berserker and Dreadknight) and 47 (Paladin). So is Dragoon retaining it dominance of highest melee? Either way 50+ sounds about right.
Well at least the highest melee of the warriors. I thought we were talking about all game wise. I was surprised to see runeblade is the highest at 60 (according to the wiki).

So? Can we all agree at 56 damage at max level?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
And @Ruger392 I saw that list of skills with updated durability costs. Looks good to me. Anyone else's thoughts?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Another thought: seems to me that Murasame and Inferoblade are some of the stronger sword offerings, and should have a high cooldown. Don't want someone just bringing spare diamond swords and healing 25% like 10 times in a fight

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Another thought: seems to me that Murasame and Inferoblade are some of the stronger sword offerings, and should have a high cooldown. Don't want someone just bringing spare diamond swords and healing 25% like 10 times in a fight
About that... @Kainzo Is it possible to have a skill that "Assigns" a samurais sword? This would mean that you could still bring multiple swords but only 1 could be used for Sword Sacrifice Skills.

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
BladeGrasp - Stamina: 300 Cooldown: 35 seconds
WaterWalking - Stamina: 200 Duration: 20 seconds Cooldown: 25 seconds
ParryMagic - Stamina: 300 Cooldown: 40 seconds
MightyBlow - Deal 45 (+1.25 per str) damage to your target Stamina: 225 Cooldown: 10 seconds
MortalWound - Hack into your target, reducing healing skills by 50% for 10s Stamina: 200 Cooldown: 25 seconds
Honor - The warrior inspires those around him, granting all party members +5 CON (requires a diamond sword)
Warmup: 5 seconds Mana: 175 Cooldown: 8 minutes(?)
Sacrifice - you turn onto your blade, leaving you at 1% health and slowed by 90% while buffing your party's STR and CON by +20 for 30s. (Usable only in combat)
Stamina: 300(?) Cooldown: 8 minutes(?)

Ashura (5%)- Deals 50 (+1 per str) damage and knocks the enemy back 3 Blocks Stamina: 200 Cooldown: 25 seconds(?)
Kotesu (5%)- Does 40 (+1.25 per int) dark damage and slows the enemy for 3 seconds Mana: 120 Cooldown: 15 seconds
Murasame (10%) - Heals the samurai for 25% while dealing 50 (+1.50) damage to the target Stamina: 350 Cooldown: 2 minutes
Muramasa (10%) - Causes a confusion based effect to 5 targets for 3 seconds in the area and deals 30 (+ 1.25 per str) Stamina: 200 Cooldown: 30 seconds
Masamune (20%) - Grants the Samurai Speed 3 and health regeneration for 15 seconds Stamina: 225 Cooldown: 25 seconds
InferoBlade (Could rename) (25%) - Summons a powerful meteor down from the sky to cleanse enemies. (All targets within blast take 125 (+2 per int ) in dmg) Mana: 250 Cooldown: 10 minutes(?)

1.8+ Skills:
Banner - (1.8+ only) lays down your banner, everyone within the radius get +10 STR Duration of buff: 1 minute Stamina: 250 Cooldown: 6 minutes

Alright now remember this is a first draft, with just some numbers I tried to make fair. I made a couple of the skills magic based, but if thats not the direction you were going for thats fine. Imput? @Balance Team

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
WaterWalking - Stamina: 200 Duration: 20 seconds Cooldown: 25 seconds
MightyBlow - Deal 45 (+1.25 per str) damage to your target Stamina: 225 Cooldown: 10 seconds
MortalWound - Hack into your target, reducing healing skills by 50% for 10s Stamina: 200 Cooldown: 25 seconds
Honor - The warrior inspires those around him, granting all party members +5 CON (requires a diamond sword)
Warmup: 5 seconds Mana: 175 Cooldown: 8 minutes(?)
Sacrifice - you turn onto your blade, leaving you at 1% health and slowed by 90% while buffing your party's STR and CON by +20 for 30s. (Usable only in combat)

Ashura (5%)- Deals 50 (+1 per str) damage and knocks the enemy back 3 Blocks Stamina: 200 Cooldown: 25 seconds(?)
Kotesu (5%)- Does 40 (+1.25 per int) dark damage and slows the enemy for 3 seconds Mana: 120 Cooldown: 15 seconds
Murasame (10%) - Heals the samurai for 25% while dealing 50 (+1.50) damage to the target Stamina: 350 Cooldown: 2 minutes
Muramasa (10%) - Causes a confusion based effect to 5 targets for 3 seconds in the area and deals 30 (+ 1.25 per str) Stamina: 200 Cooldown: 30 seconds
Masamune (20%) - Grants the Samurai Speed 3 and health regeneration for 15 seconds Stamina: 225 Cooldown: 25 seconds
InferoBlade (Could rename) (25%) - Summons a powerful meteor down from the sky to cleanse enemies. (All targets within blast take 125 (+2 per int ) in dmg) Mana: 250 Cooldown: 10 minutes(?)

1.8+ Skills:
Banner - (1.8+ only) lays down your banner, everyone within the radius get +10 STR Duration of buff: 1 minute Stamina: 250 Cooldown: 6 minutes

Alright now remember this is a first draft, with just some numbers I tried to make fair. I made a couple of the skills magic based, but if thats not the direction you were going for thats fine. Imput? [USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP]
  • Parry magic might need a lower cooldown considering it only blocks 1 skill compared to say invuln.
  • Since mighty blow only deals damage, it should be more powerful. If we were to compare it to maim, not only does it do less damage, it also has a higher CD.
  • The warm-up for honor is high, but that will need some testing. What I really don't like about it is the very high cooldown. Yes it doesn't require gold like other buff spells, but its also a very weak buff.

In the case of the SSSs I think we should balance them around the fact that you "SHOULD" only have 1 sword per fight. With that in mind, numbers for those don't seem to bad. They are powerful, but I hope the trade off of durability reduction will counteract that.

@Balance Team We need input from other people!

Jpenguin

Legacy Supporter 3
My thoughts on samurai -

• Honor should be a sword offering, reducing by let's say... 5%. With a 2s warmup.
  • Water walking should be 15s duration.
  • Ashura and kotesu should be buffed a little but, let's say +20 dmg and a little less scaling for kotesu, and 15 for ashura (Going on irish's numbers)
  • Sacrifice's slow should last about 10s.
  • Most of the skills should be physical damage. Bear in mind that those attacks are pretty much true damage, as cons only protects from like 2.5% at 20 consitution.
  • Inferoblade - should be changed to 100dmg, if this is going to stay magic damage.
Dark damage is magic, correct?

Tired. Will do more to this tomorrow.
Again, going off of irish's numbers on a lot of this.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
My thoughts:
  • Water walking- duration 10 seconds, cooldown 25 seconds. Breaks once hitting combat?
  • Sacrifice- I just don't see this working. You go to 1% hp so if you get hit once you are dead... If you die during this does the buff end?
  • (more coming)

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
BladeGrasp - Stamina: 125 Cooldown: 15 seconds
WaterWalking - Stamina: 200 Duration: 15 seconds Cooldown: 25 seconds
ParryMagic - Stamina: 150 Cooldown: 20 seconds
MightyBlow - Deal 60 (+1.75 per str) damage to your target Stamina: 300 Cooldown: 10 seconds
Cooldown: 8 minutes(?)
Sacrifice - you turn onto your blade, leaving you at 1% health and slowed by 90% while buffing your party's STR and CON by +20 for 30s. (Usable only in combat) Duration of slow: 10 seconds

Ashura (4%)- Deals 65 (+1 per str) damage and knocks the enemy back 3 Blocks Stamina: 200 Cooldown: 25 seconds(?)
Kotesu (5%)- Does 60 (+1 per int) dark damage and slows the enemy for 3 seconds Mana: 120 Cooldown: 15 seconds
Muramasa (8%) - Causes a confusion based effect to 5 targets for 3 seconds in the area and deals 30 (+ 1.25 per str) Stamina: 200 Cooldown: 30 seconds
Masamune (15%) - Grants the Samurai Speed 3 and health regeneration for 15 seconds Stamina: 225 Cooldown: 25 seconds
Honor (5%) - The warrior inspires those around him, granting all party members +5 CON
Warmup: 2 seconds Duration: 1 minute Cooldown: 5 minutes
InferoBlade (Could rename) (19%) - Summons a powerful meteor down from the sky to cleanse enemies. (All targets within blast take 100 (+2 per int ) in dmg) Mana: 250 Cooldown: 10 minutes(?)

1.8+ Skills:

Third draft:
-buffed mighty blow's damage and scaling
-increased stamina costs of mighty blow
-decreased stamina and cooldown cost for blade grasp and parry magic

[USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP] @Kainzo What do you think so far?

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
My thoughts:
  • Water walking- duration 10 seconds, cooldown 25 seconds. Breaks once hitting combat?
  • Sacrifice- I just don't see this working. You go to 1% hp so if you get hit once you are dead... If you die during this does the buff end?
  • (more coming)
Sacrifice is used either right before you are going to die, or are put in a situation where you are no use to the fight. So I'm assuming when you die, the buff stays.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
WaterWalking - Stamina: 200 Duration: 15 seconds Cooldown: 25 seconds
MightyBlow - Deal 55 (+1.25 per str) damage to your target Stamina: 225 Cooldown: 10 seconds
Cooldown: 8 minutes(?)
Sacrifice - you turn onto your blade, leaving you at 1% health and slowed by 90% while buffing your party's STR and CON by +20 for 30s. (Usable only in combat) Duration of slow: 10 seconds

Ashura (4%)- Deals 65 (+1 per str) damage and knocks the enemy back 3 Blocks Stamina: 200 Cooldown: 25 seconds(?)
Kotesu (5%)- Does 60 (+1 per int) dark damage and slows the enemy for 3 seconds Mana: 120 Cooldown: 15 seconds
Muramasa (8%) - Causes a confusion based effect to 5 targets for 3 seconds in the area and deals 30 (+ 1.25 per str) Stamina: 200 Cooldown: 30 seconds
Masamune (15%) - Grants the Samurai Speed 3 and health regeneration for 15 seconds Stamina: 225 Cooldown: 25 seconds
Honor (5%) - The warrior inspires those around him, granting all party members +5 CON
Warmup: 2 seconds Duration: 1 minute Cooldown: 5 minutes
InferoBlade (Could rename) (19%) - Summons a powerful meteor down from the sky to cleanse enemies. (All targets within blast take 100 (+2 per int ) in dmg) Mana: 250 Cooldown: 10 minutes(?)

1.8+ Skills:

Second draft:
-changed honor to a sword offering
-increased mighty blow damage
-decreased water walking duration
-buffed Ashura and Kotesu damage
-changed some of sword offering'a costs

So we are thinking around 56 damage with a diamond sword at max level. How much armor weight should they start with? 35? 40?

[USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]
And I thought a class with higher CDs than berserker was impossible...Based on these current numbers, Samurai's average CD (Without Inferno, Sacrifice, and Honor) would be 38 seconds. In general, the skill CDs are way too long. Even if we were to compare the skills with other Warriors, its all off. Mighty blows damage is still low considering it's CD and the fact that its only damage. If we compare it to maim:
  • Maim: 40+1.5
  • Mighty Blow: 55.+1.25
So for a measly 7 damage (With 30 str) you have to deal with 25% more CD and no slow or interrupt. Mighty Blow should feel...well MIGHTY.
  • Damage: 60+1.75
  • CD: 10
  • Stam: 300-325
In the case of bladegrasp, if you compare it to disarm, its highly inferior. Keep in mind that the only thing the skill does is block 1 melee attack. Because of this, the cooldown should be much lower. If you consider disarm which has a CD of 10 and a duration of 3, you can see how bladegrasp pales in comparison.

In the case of parry magic, it is also very high. Not saying we should put it at 5 CD and block every spell, but 40 seconds is needlessly long for a skill that only prevents 1 spell.

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
And I thought a class with higher CDs than berserker was impossible...Based on these current numbers, Samurai's average CD (Without Inferno, Sacrifice, and Honor) would be 38 seconds. In general, the skill CDs are way too long. Even if we were to compare the skills with other Warriors, its all off. Mighty blows damage is still low considering it's CD and the fact that its only damage. If we compare it to maim:
  • Maim: 40+1.5
  • Mighty Blow: 55.+1.25
So for a measly 7 damage (With 30 str) you have to deal with 25% more CD and no slow or interrupt. Mighty Blow should feel...well MIGHTY.
  • Damage: 60+1.75
  • CD: 10
  • Stam: 300-325
In the case of bladegrasp, if you compare it to disarm, its highly inferior. Keep in mind that the only thing the skill does is block 1 melee attack. Because of this, the cooldown should be much lower. If you consider disarm which has a CD of 10 and a duration of 3, you can see how bladegrasp pales in comparison.

In the case of parry magic, it is also very low. Not saying we should put it at 5 CD and block every spell, but 40 seconds is needlessly long for a skill that only prevents 1 spell.
Agreed, I will get on it in an hour or two

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Updated my second draft to my third draft-using Malik's suggestions

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Just a clarification post, but the only thing bladgrasp does is prevent the next melee hit or is it the next melee skill? If it is the former, the skill will probably end up being next to useless since it stops max 60ish damage.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
So equipment weight to start? 35-40?

And how's the coding going @malikdanab
At least IMO berserker should have the least equip weight at 45. So anything reasonable above that should work. I'm not a coder :p I just have access to the configs. So WHEN skills are made I can put the config together and Kainzo can push it to test.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
At least IMO berserker should have the least equip weight at 45. So anything reasonable above that should work. I'm not a coder :p I just have access to the configs. So WHEN skills are made I can put the config together and Kainzo can push it to test.
My bad, I misread kainzo's post. So now I think we have a pretty good idea on how much damage each skill will be doing. Anyone want to take a crack at giving levels to each skill?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
After some further thinking, I should probably lower most of the sword offering cooldowns. I think the cost of durability can replace a longer cooldown.

@Balance Team for those people who said they wanted to help out with samurai, now is the time.