• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Samurai - The Way of The Warrior.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Samurai, A mystical warrior, is a mix between fiction and fact. This noble warrior will be split between two worlds, the real one and one made up in our dreams. The Samurai will use his magical sword offering abilities to do damage to enemies and other various effects. They will have above average melee damage and low / quick armor competency.

The below list is incomplete but offers some explanation of how Samurai will play out and tie into the game.

Basic List:
BladeGrasp - avoid the next physical attack.
WaterWalking - The samurai can move easily across the top of water (either by using glass placement on top and in front or by some other means)
ParryMagic - avoid the next spell-based attack.
MightyBlow - Deal X damage to your target
MortalWound - Hack into your target, reducing healing skills by 50% for 10s
Honor - The warrior inspires those around him, granting all party members +5 CON (requires a diamond sword)
Sacrifice - you turn onto your blade, leaving you at 1% health and slowed by 90% while buffing your party's STR and CON by +20 for 30s. (Usable only in combat)

Sword Offerings: Takes durability away from your main-weapon (all sword offering requires holding a katana)
Ashura (5%)- Deals damage and knocks the enemy back
Kotesu (5%)- Does dark damage and slows the enemy
Murasame (10%) - Heals the samurai for 25% while dealing X damage to the target
Muramasa (10%) - Causes a confusion based effect to 5 targets in the area and deals X damage
Masamune (20%) - Grants the Samurai increased movement speed and health regeneration for X seconds
InferoBlade (Could rename) (25%) - Summons a powerful meteor down from the sky to cleanse enemies. (All targets within blast take X dmg)

1.8+ Skills:
Banner - (1.8+ only) lays down your banner, everyone within the radius get +10 STR

Player offered up [Sword Offering]!

Last edited:

Jpenguin

Legacy Supporter 3
Seppuku should put the user in combat, so that people can't just buff the party and heal up right before a fight.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Trying to absorb all of this...the kit looks so cool, but I feel like its going to be a pain to balance. I guess we have a challenge guys :p

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
So from my understanding, samurais will have to carry around at least 2 swords if they want to use a couple of those abilities.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Numbers? Anything?

Ruger392

Obsidian
Ashura (3%)- Deals damage and knocks the enemy back
Kotesu (3%)- Does dark damage and slows the enemy
Murasame (10%) - Heals the samurai for 25% while dealing X damage to the target
Muramasa (6%) - Causes a confusion based effect to 5 targets in the area and deals X damage
Masamune (13%) - Grants the Samurai increased movement speed and health regeneration for X seconds
InferoBlade (Could rename) (19%) - Summons a powerful meteor down from the sky to cleanse enemies. (All targets within blast take X dmg)

How does this sound?

Avoir

Obsidian
When will we be able to start testing out samurai on test and crumpling up numbers?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I think for a VERY rough outline of balance we should try to find skills similar to samurai's and use those as a base line for damage, stam, cd, and etc.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Quick question: if the samurai uses parry magic or blade grasp, then entangle/headbutt is used on them.

Would they escape the damage and the cc? Or just the damage. And would the caster of entangle become entangled? (I know entangle does no damage but it's still a combat skill)

Just for clarification

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Quick question: if the samurai uses parry magic or blade grasp, then entangle/headbutt is used on them.

Would they escape the damage and the cc? Or just the damage. And would the caster of entangle become entangled? (I know entangle does no damage but it's still a combat skill)

Just for clarification
It isnt a reflect magic, it just makes it so the samurai isnt hit. It would count for any harmful effect, not just damage-based

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
It isnt a reflect magic, it just makes it so the samurai isnt hit. It would count for any harmful effect, not just damage-based
Call me crazy, but I think it used to say reflect the next magic attack. Regardless I like it better this way

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
So...what skills at what lvls GO!
I think before we do this, we should map out about how much damage each skill should do. Then it should be easier to lay them out. Anyone got any initial ideas?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I think before we do this, we should map out about how much damage each skill should do. Then it should be easier to lay them out. Anyone got any initial ideas?
Well depends on how long the CDs will be... @Kainzo do you envision samurai with very powerful attacks or as an unending flurry of strikes?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
And nows a good time I think to determine left click damage. Above average is what, 56 damage at level 65 with a diamond sword?

I never got the chance to play or play against samurai, but from what I've heard it had the Best left click. Intentional change?