• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Samurai - The Way of The Warrior.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We'll use the western names if possible. Masamune and Murasame, etc can stay because those are actual unique "swords" in a lot of games.

Avoir

Obsidian
We really need a personal coder for balance that actually has the power to do changes...

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
WaterWalking - The samurai can move easily across the top of water (either by using glass placement on top and in front or by some other means)
Not happening.
If it is happening, I'm not doing it.
The closest thing is Light, which is just so slow, and even if it was forced to tick faster you'd inevitably just fall in the water and maybe even glitch out the water, which could then possibly be abused...

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Not happening.
If it is happening, I'm not doing it.
The closest thing is Light, which is just so slow, and even if it was forced to tick faster you'd inevitably just fall in the water and maybe even glitch out the water, which could then possibly be abused...

Is nothing simple in MC? Seems like you should be able to just

if player.z - 1= water then player.z ==
or
if player.z - 1= water && player.z = air then waterwalk = player.z
player.z = waterwalk​
or
if player.z - 1 = water && player.z = air then waterwalk = true
if waterwalk = true then player.gravity = false​

Obviously I have never coded for minecraft and I guess that these would be to simple a solution to work with minecraft, since the design was created to cause self inflicted head injuries.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Is nothing simple in MC? Seems like you should be able to just

if player.z - 1= water then player.z ==
or
if player.z - 1= water && player.z = air then waterwalk = player.z
player.z = waterwalk​
or
if player.z - 1 = water && player.z = air then waterwalk = true
if waterwalk = true then player.gravity = false​

Obviously I have never coded for minecraft and I guess that these would be to simple a solution to work with minecraft, since the design was created to cause self inflicted head injuries.
Changing the block under the player will still glitch out eventually. Players can move very fast and setting the check to run faster will cause more server load for a fix that might not even work.

Also, you can't simply just *turn off* gravity. That's not a thing.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Changing the block under the player will still glitch out eventually. Players can move very fast and setting the check to run faster will cause more server load for a fix that might not even work.

I was more getting at just not letting the players z move down if they are standing over water.
Check to see if the player is standing over water and then stop gravity/move the player's z back above the water.

I know blocklag like that would never fly, but isn't there a way to stop the player from moving down into the water in the first place? Almost like Fly mode was turned on but they could not fly up allowing the player to move in the X,Y axis but not the Z?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
So...in order for parry magic to work, all skills that aren't physical need to be changed to magic damage. The problem ATM is that there are different types of damage like: Dark, light, lightning, disease, etc. In terms of balance, this means that flameshield won't protect from fire skills anymore. Constitution's magic resist, magic ward, and devour magic will protect the player from more skills. @Kainzo

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So...in order for parry magic to work, all skills that aren't physical need to be changed to magic damage. The problem ATM is that there are different types of damage like: Dark, light, lightning, disease, etc. In terms of balance, this means that flameshield won't protect from fire skills anymore. Constitution's magic resist, magic ward, and devour magic will protect the player from more skills. @Kainzo
We wont be making this change and that's not true. A skill can do anything, including mitigating more than one type of incoming damage, if its coded properly.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
walking on water is doable Ive seen it but I rather have windwalk again for Samurai. On test there is no skills after 50, do we need more skill ideas or are they being coded

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
walking on water is doable Ive seen it but I rather have windwalk again for Samurai. On test there is no skills after 50, do we need more skill ideas or are they being coded
I wasn't around for samurai. Wind walk was the skill that was pretty much solo accelerando correct?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I wasn't around for samurai. Wind walk was the skill that was pretty much solo accelerando correct?
Sorata...except it didn't break on damage. That said, Masamune will be doing the same thing and provide health regen.