• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Patch 8.6.0 - Nation Changes and Wars! --- Griefing changes! Jan 9th

Fairbuy

Iron
Well who actually steals stuff from you currently? More experienced players? Or just random noobs?
Keep in mind that not anyone can join the war, you have to be in a town/nation to be involved in raiding, etc. (In other words, a large amount of the raiders will be more experienced players.) I feel like the people currently raiding you are just newer players taking whatever they can.
Mostly its new players, but anyone can make a small town now and raid freely during war :/ But i will do that thing with the obsidian ^^

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
So what time will this be starting Saturday, I have to work in the morning but then should actually be able to get on for a bit

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not a fan of this one bit. Herocraft will become a big old ugly wasteland map and those who have the desire to make works of creative wonder within their town or nation are SOL. This should be an opt-in/opt-out experience, not a forced experience. Please reconsider.

-yav
We're trying to change the cultural so that if you want something protected, you will use the economy mechanics. The ultimate goal is to make sure the price point is correct for additional chunks so that players can actively protect large areas, sell plots to others as they wish and if they want massive builds, join a nation to create them, without fear of grief.

I know this is a huge change, I know it can back fire on everyone, but I believe Herocraft Survival exists because we have the ability to change.

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Wasn't it only nations that can pay themselves out for one war at a time? I know what LWC's are for, but i'm not complaining about people stealing valuable things, i complain about that people will steal just because they can now. So they will steal wood and stone and everything they can get their hands on just because they can do that. And when people think like that it's quite obvious that i want all my chests ptorected since building is what i do on this server.

I dont barricade myself at all, my town's gates are always open, and there are easy ways to get insie without having to grief at all. But now people will grief because it's fun :/
The grief isn't permanent, it seems you're failing to understand that. People have always been stealing from towns because they can, that's the rule as it stands. They can now blow a temporary hole in your wall to do so. Get more LWCs to protect building materials? Hide it underground? There's alternatives, and many will seek for those. Why not join a nation so they can opt out for you, or fight in your name?

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
In my opinion, especially if war is every two weeks, the price to skip out on it should be more than 1000 coins. 1k coins is nothing for a nation to gather in 2 weeks time.

lcmoe14

TNT
Agreed :/
Yes chest dumping is illegal, thats why the last player got 3 day suspension and was able to do it again with no one doing anything about it cause he was a pvp'r.
I started a town, was preparing to start the upper build once the inner town was created, just left every thing as is.

nicole1551

Retired Staff
I feel this is good to start up war it should only be every two weeks tho gives time to protect more and earn the money for more chunks so it's harder to get into towns. The harder it is the more the pvpers seem to like it.. It gives them a challenge. I would like to know how long it's gonna take for blocks to regen tho. If there is a chart or something that tells me plz let me know. If chest dumping is illegal then why make it where people can get into the towns?? bc that's all they are gonna do bc people are assholes (just saying) we are just gonna have pe's saying they dumped all the shit out of my chest.. would like to know what time war is gonna take place? I don't think an all day thing is necessary. Maybe 5hrs- 8hrs bc Most kids who play have family stuff on Saturdays, most adults have work (like me).. Anyway just some questions that needs answers and some thoughts I have :)

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
I feel this is good to start up war it should only be every two weeks tho gives time to protect more and earn the money for more chunks so it's harder to get into towns. The harder it is the more the pvpers seem to like it.. It gives them a challenge. I would like to know how long it's gonna take for blocks to regen tho. If there is a chart or something that tells me plz let me know. If chest dumping is illegal then why make it where people can get into the towns?? bc that's all they are gonna do bc people are assholes (just saying) we are just gonna have pe's saying they dumped all the shit out of my chest.. would like to know what time war is gonna take place? I don't think an all day thing is necessary. Maybe 5hrs- 8hrs bc Most kids who play have family stuff on Saturdays, most adults have work (like me).. Anyway just some questions that needs answers and some thoughts I have :)
Blocks will regen at the end of war. As far as I've heard, war lasts for two hours and starts at noon, CST on Saturdays.

What leads you to believe PvPers will enjoy a challenge? The complaints I'm seeing most PvPers have is they want to just have a way for people to get into a town at some point during the week.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
You seem to have the wrong idea about PvPers and chestdumping. I think @FaZeAlpine has already addressed this somewhere else, but we don't do that kind of stuff. Thought I might now that you've called me an asshole, you prick.

On a side note, I really doubt anything could be a challenge at this point. Do you have any idea how much TNT people have stocked up? I know at least one of us has 9 stacks.

GoldenBoy204420

Glowstone
Mostly its new players, but anyone can make a small town now and raid freely during war :/ But i will do that thing with the obsidian ^^
Simple solution to your building supplies safe storage problem.
-obsidian room with enough chests to satisfy your build needs.
-One iron/wooden door (iron would look cooler) lwc'ed to keep it from blowing up
all you need for this is:
-Buckets
-Lava
-Water
-Sand/dirt/gravel to build the mold out of so you don't even need a pick to build it
start with a mold of your floor
next pour the lava
pour water on it.
now onto walls repeat until you make the mold for your ceiling
REMEMBER A SPACE FOR THE DOOR
place your door
lwc your door
DONE
Chests are now safe
building supplies are now safe
only one lwc needed

nicole1551

Retired Staff
Not pvpers and chest dumping never said them but chest dumping will happen and then just a bunch of pe's about them will happen.. And yeah I have plenty txt stocked up who wouldn't at this point.. But I didn't call you an asshole people in general are an asshole my post wasn't just about pvpers it was about everyone who does assholish shit on this server. And you can't it's illegal.. Don't think I won't or it.. Anyway thanks for answering my questions

Okinosuke

TNT
I'm afraid, all in all, I have to agree..I thoroughly enjoy this server, and I know changes are made to try to implement new ideas and settings. Unfortunately some of the implementations are almost coming off as "forced" in certain situations. At this point, I'm still contemplating on whether or not I need to tear my house down, sell my chest wares, and store all my stuff in the ender chest at spawn. I'm hoping that this event rolls on, necessary changes are made to best-suit the community, and we all can carry on being satisfied with the server.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Blocks will regen at the end of war. As far as I've heard, war lasts for two hours and starts at noon, CST on Saturdays.

War goes for 24 hours. I'm thinking the blocks will just regen after a period of time - it won't be dependent on whether war is still underway.

I don't think an all day thing is necessary. Maybe 5hrs- 8hrs bc Most kids who play have family stuff on Saturdays, most adults have work (like me).. Anyway just some questions that needs answers and some thoughts I have :)

War for 24 hours enables players from non-USA time zones to have a decent opportunity to participate.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo, is my understanding correct, please?

New Griefing rules:
  • If you want your build protected, cover it with a Towny region. All unregioned builds are no longer protected from griefing.
  • Region protections are cheap enough for individuals to protect their builds. Only players with coin to keep playing upkeep will keep their regions, ie active player requirement.
  • Large-scale environmental griefing – such as landscape devastation and dumping of water or lava – is still illegal. Report by petition.
  • Have pride in the server – remove pillars when done – but penalties won’t be enforced toward players who leave pillars.
Building near a town:
  • 100 block building exclusion zone no longer applies – you can make UNREGIONED builds up to the boundary of a town – and the town can tear it down.
  • However, Towny config still sets the minimum distance between REGIONED blocks belonging to different towns – currently set to 5 plots ie 80 blocks.
Nations:
  • Towns in nations get bonus blocks compared with towns that aren't in nations – up to 50.
  • Towns joining nations pay reduced taxes – the larger the nation, the greater the discount.
  • Nations cost 2500 coins to form.
  • Nations can pay a fee for their member towns to be immune to war. (Daily rate of 1000 coins currently.)

War – 1st Episode:
  • The first war event will include ALL TOWNS, not just towns within Nations.
  • However Nations can pay an opt-out fee which will protect their towns from war – currently 1000 coin.
  • TNT will be activated during war – will damage all blocks, whether Towny regioned or unregioned.
  • TNT-damaged blocks will slowly regenerate, so there’s a chance that a chests (non-LWC’d) will respawn before the covering blocks. Blocks destroyed by TNT will not drop.
  • Obsidian has a chance of breaking from TNT.
  • During war, enemy players can “win” town blocks, forcing the town to lose money and the enemy town to gain money. Townblocks have health points – 60 for normal blocks, 120 for the homeblock. Townblock health points are lost for each 5 seconds enemies stand within the townblock.
  • When townblocks “fall”, I understand they cannot be griefed?
  • Item use, switch use – will these be set to true?

ChesterH

Stone
I don't understand what it means in three from when It states that if the home block is capture you are out of the war. Does this mean you lose your town perm, or it will be rolled back the following day

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The War is over. There's a lot to learn by this and we will be adjusting things.

Expect War Episode #2 next Saturday.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
  • Nations can pay a fee for their member towns to be immune to war. (Daily rate of 1000 coins currently.)
  • However Nations can pay an opt-out fee which will protect their towns from war – currently 1000 coin.
I may be misreading this, but is this possible contradicting statements? Does opting cost 1k daily or one time fee.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I may be misreading this, but is this possible contradicting statements? Does opting cost 1k daily or one time fee.
I'm not clear on this - I heard somewhere it's a daily fee - meaning I guess that it must be paid actually during the time that war is declared, it can't be prepaid. Does that make sense?

Fairbuy

Iron
Simple solution to your building supplies safe storage problem.
-obsidian room with enough chests to satisfy your build needs.
-One iron/wooden door (iron would look cooler) lwc'ed to keep it from blowing up
all you need for this is:
-Buckets
-Lava
-Water
-Sand/dirt/gravel to build the mold out of so you don't even need a pick to build it
start with a mold of your floor
next pour the lava
pour water on it.
now onto walls repeat until you make the mold for your ceiling
REMEMBER A SPACE FOR THE DOOR
place your door
lwc your door
DONE
Chests are now safe
building supplies are now safe
only one lwc needed

That was a good idea, thanks ^^ But doesn't the doors blow up from tnt?