• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Patch 8.6.0 - Nation Changes and Wars! --- Griefing changes! Jan 9th

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just want to clarify, is war every Saturday or every other Saturday, because a couple times in the post you mention every other, but the header thingy says every Saturday, all day.
Undecided, I think twice a month would be sufficient but largely seeing how this first one goes.

Okinosuke

TNT
You could be the only nation that practices neutrality.

If I can get TNT mechanics working with BLOCK regeneration, I will remove the ability to break blocks in towns and make players use TNT instead. I'm working on it now.
That sounds cool.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Undecided, I think twice a month would be sufficient but largely seeing how this first one goes.
Well seeing as there aren't that many events and often not much to do around, I think every week sounds good to give people more incentive to log on. Now all I've got to do is fix my computer so I don't miss this.

ChesterH

Stone
I dont know if this is the right place to put this so excuse me

This update is HUGE. It changes how people play this game. I READ THE FRONT AND HAVE UNDERSTOOD THAT THIS CHANGE IS NOT FINAL. I will delete this post if outdated.

I have a few suggestions - THESE are ONLY MY opinion and i don't expect everyone to agree.

To summaries this update,
NEGATIVES
- There is no/little incentive to build something grand/big (Greifing)
- "Personal builds" are no longer possible ( Private retreats which are not part of towns)
- Destruction of terrain near towns (War)
- "Theft" of unclaimed builds

POSITIVES
-New ways for looters/greifers to have fun
-Makes towns no longer an 'Indestructible box".
- New added interest for PVPers
- Added incentive to start a nation

CONCLUSION
New and unique server experience ( Attracts new PVPers/players)
Destruction of "Grand/big" builds ( Chases builders away)

POSSIBLE SOLUTION
- Regen tnt
- War at areas where there are towns

Im sure by now if you have noticed, this update has been Very one sided, towards the Pvpers/greifers. Now for people like me who enjoy building with the peace of mind that my builds are protected by /PE will prevent greifing will no longer have this privileged.

+++ If the update were to go up officially, there should be a server warning, warning players about this change before hand. +++

Thanks for reading

Warforged79

Soulsand
Very drastic to suddenly, after all these years make it a factions server for 1 day. I have already deconstructed the town and removed valuable blocks and safety precautions like LWC buttons entry's. On the day i'll just remove the front door and swim in the pool for the day... (everything is in LWC chests)

Personally i would have used the new creative server, given each town/nation a plot and a hour to build a base. After the hour go to war for the core and winner gets the tax money.

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
I think a lot of people are looking at this the wrong way. Everyone sees this as: "Well, no need to build towns anymore. Its all going to get destroyed permanently anyways". Kainzo has already said that he is working to see if the TNT Regen would work in this case. I think no one really wants war to permanently destroy blocks, PVEers and PVPers alike.

Even if TNT wouldn't regen, I believe that it'd still be ideal to cause the blocks that are destroyed to regen. Like what everyone needs to understand is, that most likely the end product of all this will only leave it so that your un-LWCed chests will be at danger, nothing else.
The pure intention of this is to give players a way to actually raid other towns, instead of sitting outside a town praying for someone to run out. It also gives the players that don't want to join war the option to just pay for neutrality, which I'm sure isn't really a big fee for large nations/towns.

In response to chesterH's cons (more specifically the lack of private retreats), private retreats used to constantly get griefed either way because there were 0 protections anyways. The only way to truly solve this problem is to bring back personal regions, which I believe might be coming back soon (depending on Kainzo's decision).

TLDR: The ideal situation that even Kainzo agrees on is for TNT to be used in raids, and to allow the blocks destroyed by the TNT to regenerate. With this, NOTHING will be permanently destroyed, except for unprotected chests (but even that might regenerate). So rest assured everyone, Kainzo is trying his best to let blocks regenerate.

(Reminder: TNT would be hard to attain for the fact that dungeons exist, and that the amount of creepers that exist in the world are quite minuscule. So you won't get pelted 24/7 with TNT.)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I have not hammered out this war system and ONLY nations are going to war on this saturday, it is largely a test.

Ultimately, this is what we want to happen on war/towns
  • Blocks cant be taken/griefed even on war days.
  • TNT is the only way inside of towns but is placable on any block/area.
  • TNT will regenerate but not cause block drops
we do not want free roam griefing but we are somewhat limited on how we can handle this.

At the moment, the users can giref ONLY the outskirts of your town and in order to move forward they have to CAPTURE the plot chunk. So it wont be free roam griefing even when it comes out, only the walls, basically.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Heralds
TNT will now destroy blocks to all TOWN protections and slowly regenerate. Certain classes/professions will obtain skills to drop ignited TNT to help raiding.

BLOCK GRIEF WILL NOT BE ON OTHERWISE INSIDE TOWNS.

Warforged79

Soulsand
Hmm, i like the concept of slow regen, means the more active a town is the better defended it is but can still keep things pretty. Have u looked at that old mod.. think its called Creeper heal or some such?

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
@Heralds
TNT will now destroy blocks to all TOWN protections and slowly regenerate. Certain classes/professions will obtain skills to drop ignited TNT to help raiding.

BLOCK GRIEF WILL NOT BE ON OTHERWISE INSIDE TOWNS.
Could...alchemist have this completely nonsensical ability?

But in all seriousness, I'm thinking engineer should be able to drop lot TNT on shit.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Not a fan of this one bit. Herocraft will become a big old ugly wasteland map and those who have the desire to make works of creative wonder within their town or nation are SOL. This should be an opt-in/opt-out experience, not a forced experience. Please reconsider.

-yav