• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Patch 8.6.0 - Nation Changes and Wars! --- Griefing changes! Jan 9th

No thank you. It's already annoying how more experienced players like to camp new players until they leave. Now you want to let folks mindlessly destroy good builds. It can take a town weeks to rebuild. I haven't hardly seen anyone in town since the announcement. I personally chose this server because PVP wasn't it's focus. You can find thousands of PVP servers. Towns were growing and new players staying with their support. I think you'll see a boom of PVPers for a bit. You'll lose many builders and folks that like to farm/gather/support. If you're smart about this I'd let towns pay 1000c to be neutral for the entire month. If they don't want to play don't force them. It'll at least let folks move to towns that are a better fit and have a good experience.

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Not a fan of this one bit. Herocraft will become a big old ugly wasteland map and those who have the desire to make works of creative wonder within their town or nation are SOL. This should be an opt-in/opt-out experience, not a forced experience. Please reconsider.

-yav
Block grief is disabled in towns. Builds regenerate after being exploded with TNT. Those who wish to build still can. Players CAN opt out per war, for a fee.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Kainzo got TNT regen working, you won't be able to pickaxe blocks. For one day a week, you can TNT chunks that need to be captured first, and the blocks will regenerate over time after they're destroyed. You're all acting like every build is pointless now, and it's not.

Fairbuy

Iron
Kainzo got TNT regen working, you won't be able to pickaxe blocks. For one day a week, you can TNT chunks that need to be captured first, and the blocks will regenerate over time after they're destroyed. You're all acting like every build is pointless now, and it's not.
But the raiders will still destroy and steal just because they can, so all the building materials will be lost. Most people will just open the chests and throw everything out of them so the despawn just to be assholes :/ So what's the point of building if you have to collect new materials after every war that you've been forced into even though you just want peace? So in a way, atleast for me, building is rather pointless (or atleast more time consuming) if this goes on.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
But the raiders will still destroy and steal just because they can, so all the building materials will be lost. Most people will just open the chests and throw everything out of them so the despawn just to be assholes :/ So what's the point of building if you have to collect new materials after every war that you've been forced into even though you just want peace? So in a way, atleast for me, building is rather pointless (or atleast more time consuming) if this goes on.
I'm not following your logic. Chest dumping is illegal, for one. For two, the blocks regenerate??? They can't destroy it??? Are you saying you shouldn't build because they can still get to your chests?

Fairbuy

Iron
I'm not following your logic. Chest dumping is illegal, for one. For two, the blocks regenerate??? They can't destroy it??? Are you saying you shouldn't build because they can still get to your chests?
Now my chest are protected in the town, but now when there's war people will be able to get to those chests because they can break blocks. I didn't know chest dumping was illegal, which is great, but they can still just take all the materials to their own town just for fun to annoy everyone where they're raiding. Sure, blocks will regenerate now, but that doesn't mean that what's in the chests will also come back.

EDIT: I'm saying it will be less fun to stash up on tons of materials when you know that every sat or so people will come and they can take what they like unless i can defend myself, which i wont be able to do since i've only focused on building on this server. You could say that that is my own fault, but the grief system is the reason i've only been building on this server for more than a year now :/

And what do you mean with "They can't destroy it???", they can't destroy what? Even if everything i've built will come back it will still be incredibly annoying to be dragged in to war when i don't even know which town is attacking me.

Last edited:

ChesterH

Stone
The TNT regen system will NOT be PERFECT the first time - (This comment is NOT an insult toward Kainzo)

Change takes time to be accepted. Some people accept change others don't.

In ONE update, a server like hero craft would change its play style to that of like a faction server. Cobblestone walls, water, cobble stone/obsidian interior. As compared to currently where in towns people build whatever their creativity can think off.

This change WILL not be accepted very well as it impacts a LARGE group of the COMMUNITY NEGETIVELY.

Just IMO

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Now my chest are protected in the town, but now when there's war people will be able to get to those chests because they can break blocks. I didn't know chest dumping was illegal, which is great, but they can still just take all the materials to their own town just for fun to annoy everyone where they're raiding. Sure, blocks will regenerate now, but that doesn't mean that what's in the chests will also come back.

EDIT: I'm saying it will be less fun to stash up on tons of materials when you know that every sat or so people will come and they can take what they like unless i can defend myself, which i wont be able to do since i've only focused on building on this server. You could say that that is my own fault, but the grief system is the reason i've only been building on this server for more than a year now :/

And what do you mean with "They can't destroy it???", they can't destroy what? Even if everything i've built will come back it will still be incredibly annoying to be dragged in to war when i don't even know which town is attacking me.
Fairbuy, I think you fail to see the concept of an LWC. LWC chests do not get griefed. If it's important, it will be in an LWC. If it isn't important, players shouldn't barricade themselves in their town and hide from PvP in a PvP-enabled server. You can pay to opt out of raiding.

Fairbuy

Iron
Fairbuy, I think you fail to see the concept of an LWC. LWC chests do not get griefed. If it's important, it will be in an LWC. If it isn't important, players shouldn't barricade themselves in their town and hide from PvP in a PvP-enabled server. You can pay to opt out of raiding.
Wasn't it only nations that can pay themselves out for one war at a time? I know what LWC's are for, but i'm not complaining about people stealing valuable things, i complain about that people will steal just because they can now. So they will steal wood and stone and everything they can get their hands on just because they can do that. And when people think like that it's quite obvious that i want all my chests ptorected since building is what i do on this server.

I dont barricade myself at all, my town's gates are always open, and there are easy ways to get insie without having to grief at all. But now people will grief because it's fun :/

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Wasn't it only nations that can pay themselves out for one war at a time? I know what LWC's are for, but i'm not complaining about people stealing valuable things, i complain about that people will steal just because they can now. So they will steal wood and stone and everything they can get their hands on just because they can do that. And when people think like that it's quite obvious that i want all my chests ptorected since building is what i do on this server.

I dont barricade myself at all, my town's gates are always open, and there are easy ways to get insie without having to grief at all. But now people will grief because it's fun :/
You're mistaken if you think the hardcore PVPers would steal literally everything for shits and giggles. If I see a chest full of cobble and wood, I'll 95% of the time pass it over unless I'm looking to use the blocks myself. Then I'll take maybe, like, one stack. As long as you don't give people a reason to do otherwise, they're probably just look for ore/relics/gear and pass over everything else and head straight for your town's core chunk to take you out of the war for the day. You forget only people with masses of TNT will be able to get in, not randoms.

Defend your town, merhaps?

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

Ever think about putting one obsidian on top of a chest? Prevents all the troubles you are stating.

The update is a needed change for pvp and allows a let less stress on staff which would allow them to focus on more important things than a pe stating someone broke my glass window

Fairbuy

Iron
You're mistaken if you think the hardcore PVPers would steal literally everything for shits and giggles. If I see a chest full of cobble and wood, I'll 95% of the time pass it over unless I'm looking to use the blocks myself. Then I'll take maybe, like, one stack. As long as you don't give people a reason to do otherwise, they're probably just look for ore/relics/gear and pass over everything else and head straight for your town's core chunk to take you out of the war for the day. You forget only people with masses of TNT will be able to get in, not randoms.

Defend your town, merhaps?
In that case you're special in a good way, 90% of the random people who ahve come to my place before i made a town stole most of the shit i had just for fun, and some came back daily just to annoy me.

Once my town has been captured and is out of the war does that mean that blocks are protected once again?

Since herocraft has been my stress relief while i'm studying i haven't bothered with pvp at all. The reason i get exp is because of the exp i gain from voting. Maybe this server isn't suitable for me, but it's the best server i have found, and that is just because of how the grief system worked before :/

Fairbuy

Iron
Ever think about putting one obsidian on top of a chest? Prevents all the troubles you are stating.

The update is a needed change for pvp and allows a let less stress on staff which would allow them to focus on more important things than a pe stating someone broke my glass window
I have, but i thought that that wouldn't work now when people will be able to grief. But if obsidian blocks will still work i barely have anything to complain about at all :)

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!

Well the thing is, if I'm on a raid and I come upon a double chest of stone and stone bricks, I'm not going to take anything. I'm quite sure that many of the people who will be raiding other towns during war, are absolutely not interested in your stone and wood. Frankly, I don't even have a personal chest of building blocks, because I never care to take any building blocks.

There are many things that you can do to protect your chests as well:
  • Personal LWCs
  • Shared LWCs (cmodify)
  • Keep unprotected chests deep in your town (underground even)
  • Pitch in money among your town to get a protected spawn plot for generally anything you want to protect (valuables, wood, etc)
  • Defend your town against the raiders
  • Pay for neutrality
Like the bottom line is, I've never really seen a lot PVPers go, "OMG its stone, lets just fuck with them and take it." Nobody really has interest in taking a large amount of building materials just because they want them. The only time they'd take a whole dchest of stone is to fuck with you, just in spite of it, in where there is then a rule that prevents chest dumping.

Fairbuy

Iron
Like the bottom line is, I've never really seen a lot PVPers go, "OMG its stone, lets just fuck with them and take it." Nobody really has interest in taking a large amount of building materials just because they want them. The only time they'd take a whole dchest of stone is to fuck with you, just in spite of it, in where there is then a rule that prevents chest dumping.

That is exactly what has been happening to me, people come, kill me, steal everything that is of any value regarding what everything is built out of, tell me they like what i've built, then come back the next day or so and do the ritual once again. And now there will be a weekly raid with some randoms and some of those are sure to wanna annoy just because they find it fun.

Kenneth_Chow

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I have, but i thought that that wouldn't work now when people will be able to grief. But if obsidian blocks will still work i barely have anything to complain about at all :)

Yep if you have a towny regioned place all you need to do is place one obsidian onto of your chest and no tnt will break it.

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
That is exactly what has been happening to me, people come, kill me, steal everything that is of any value regarding what everything is built out of, tell me they like what i've built, then come back the next day or so and do the ritual once again. And now there will be a weekly raid with some randoms and some of those are sure to wanna annoy just because they find it fun.

Well who actually steals stuff from you currently? More experienced players? Or just random noobs?
Keep in mind that not anyone can join the war, you have to be in a town/nation to be involved in raiding, etc. (In other words, a large amount of the raiders will be more experienced players.) I feel like the people currently raiding you are just newer players taking whatever they can.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Great, but wouldn't the TNT break the chest and leave the obsidian floating?
Chest will break but it won't drop the items. When it comes back from the regen, it'll be like it was when it was broken. On a side note, don't use dirt to block chests for war. Blocks regen one at a time, and you can watch it. If the chest happens to regen before the dirt on top, someone would be able to quickly open it.

PS you seem like a chill dude. If you're getting raided/attacked, PM me and I'll ruin the people's lives for you.
Townname?