• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Patch 8.6.0 - Nation Changes and Wars! --- Griefing changes! Jan 9th

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Greetings Heroes!

We are enabling war twice a month. In the beginning only nations and towns within nations will compete. To entice players to try and capture the massive prize for winning the war, we are increasing the benefits of joining a Nation by an amazing amount!

Edit:
Due to a lot of questions, im working on making this more clear, we'll probably have a test war day on the test server to see how its going to play out. Thanks for interest and important follow up questions!

Quick Information

• Grief is Legal - everywhere
    • Some Grief rules still apply, such as massively lagging the server (massive water/lava/etc)
    • Stealing and destroying someones unclaimed areas is not illegal.
  • War is happening on Saturday.
    • It will last from Saturday 12PM CST to Sunday 12PM CST
    • Towns in warring nations will be able to have plots captured.
    • Plots have 60 hp, Home blocks have 120 hp
    • When a town plot is captured, the offense gets 25c, the defense loses 25c from their bank
    • If a home plot is captured, that town is out of the war.
    • Killing players and other events give points that will net you more currency
    • All towns will have TNT explosions on during the war.
    • Blocks will not be griefable.
  • Nations now better ratios
    • Cheaper Tax
    • More plots to children towns
    • Can opt out of war so their towns dont risk losing money

Griefing Legal Everywhere
  • Griefing is the majority of our petition load.
  • Protections are cheap. 250c for 16x16 and LWC's are 500c (less if supporter)
  • Nations have increased block bonuses to towns, join one to get more protection allotment!
  • Players should dictate the world scenery and direction.
  • Claiming structures will be very simple, if its not protected, you can take / change it.
  • No building/destroying restrictions. Player freedom!
  • Towns can be created at the edge of the creation, no more distance restrictions.
  • Admins will still do cleanups on environments to keep them good looking
  • Only active players will have protections.

Nations are beast! (Actual config here)
  • Towns who join large nations can get up to 75% off their taxes!
  • Towns get extra building chunks, up to 50!
  • Nations only cost 2500c to form now!
  • Nations can pay a fee to not fight in the war.

How War Works
  • Every other Saturday, a command is run "/ta toggle war"
  • The first war - only NATIONS go to war, the following ALL towns will go to WAR.
  • A count down of 30 seconds to prepare for war is done
  • Towns will temporarily lose claimed areas, they regain them after war.
  • Points in war given for the following:
    • A enemy killed: 1
    • A townblock stolen: 1
    • A town knocked out of the war: 10
    • A nation knocked out of the war: 100
  • Towny war ends when there is only one nation whose Home Block has not been conquered or when the admin toggles war off. Although the townblocks are restored at the end of war, the damage from any griefing is permanent.
  • The winner of the war gets 50% of the tax accumulated by the server for the week.
  • When WAR starts, all town regions become vulnerable to TNT.
  • TNT will now destroy blocks to all TOWN protections and slowly regenerate during WAR.
  • Certain classes/professions will obtain skills to drop ignited TNT to help raiding.

Feel free to read this for an in-depth view of what "war" entails. Note that this is to increase PVP on at least one day a week, your town and nation can pay for neutrality.
War Commands:
  • /towny war hud
  • /tw toggle forceexplosion (admins)
  • /ta toggle war (admins)
  • /plot perm hud

slider.png

Last edited:
Dang... This is going to be a big change for everyone I think. This will change the way the game is played a lot. I think we can count on a lot of chaos this Saturday xD

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Dang... This is going to be a big change for everyone I think. This will change the way the game is played a lot. I think we can count on a lot of chaos this Saturday xD
It will be interesting to see the changes to Herocraft from these pretty large changes.

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
For those, like myself, that need clearing up.

Griefing is legal now, staff is getting tired of grief petitions. (To be clear, UNCLAIMED, grief is legal, so join a town mk.)

Every Saturday(Subject to change) Nations will go to war! They can pay a fee to not go to war but yeah, war!

There are 2 wars, keep that in mind. First is for NATIONS. Second is for TOWNS. During the town one, towns LOSE their protections (Can be griefed/raided yo) But remember. ONLY ON WAR DAY. After war day, your protections on towns come back :D.

That's the main stuff, the rest of the details are easy to understand.

Deadreach

Wood
Hmm. Not a fan. This sounds like it will be less team based PVP more Grief every town on the server day.

Deadreach

Wood
For those, like myself, that need clearing up.

There are 2 wars, keep that in mind. First is for NATIONS. Second is for TOWNS. During the town one, towns LOSE their protections (Can be griefed/raided yo) But remember. ONLY ON WAR DAY. After war day, your protections on towns come back :D.

Your Town doesnt come back though. If its razed to the ground, all your hard work in archeticture and building and resource gathering. is gone. So you will have protected ruins. And why would you rebuild. If the same thing is going to happen next week.
People/towns are just going to quit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Okinosuke

TNT
I guess we're discussing a nation to remain in a static position on the server... I think it's the only way to continue to build without worry.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I guess we're discussing a nation to remain in a static position on the server... I think it's the only way to continue to build without worry.
You could be the only nation that practices neutrality.

If I can get TNT mechanics working with BLOCK regeneration, I will remove the ability to break blocks in towns and make players use TNT instead. I'm working on it now.

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
Yeah, I feel like TNT with regen is definitely the ideal thing to do. I feel like just simply no regen on what is destroyed really affects towns in the way that, no one will bother to build anything complex or grand in fear of it just being destroyed.

If there are more explanations for the differences of timing and what happens between Town Wars and Nation Wars then that'd be great, because on the war link it states:
"Towns without a nation are not included, cannot score points and cannot have their townblocks griefed."
So it creates some confusion.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yeah, I feel like TNT with regen is definitely the ideal thing to do. I feel like just simply no regen on what is destroyed really affects towns in the way that, no one will bother to build anything complex or grand in fear of it just being destroyed.

If there are more explanations for the differences of timing and what happens between Town Wars and Nation Wars then that'd be great, because on the war link it states:
"Towns without a nation are not included, cannot score points and cannot have their townblocks griefed."
So it creates some confusion.
yeah, I feel TNT regeneration would be better, but I just need to make sure that TNT will break blocks even if its not placed by the owners.

spiralz

Obsidian
1. So if my town is not in a Nation, we won't be subject to weekly griefing that war will bring? Or all towns, regardless of being in a Nation or not, will be subject to war? How much will Neutrality cost?

2. It will now be legal to build phallic cobble structures and 200 block tall ice pillars surrounding the outside of someone's town walls?

EDIT: 3. Can attackers only break or can they build too? Will they be able to use switches/buttons/pressure plates?

Last edited:
Ho Ho Ho damn. Christmas came a little late, but it is here now! Hooray for mindless destruction of property! If only firespread and TNT were on my true potential would finally be shown @_@

MoeJunur

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
So as i read this a town can be virtually destroyed by war, players can break any block they want, what happens when the regions come back?
Will there be big holes in town regions once the blocks have been broken? or will they be replaced?

I guess the PVP players win!!
or is it the griefers that steal and burn Win.
all the stuff players build with are gone. no use to build anymore.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Greetings Heroes!

We are enabling war twice a month. In the beginning only nations and towns within nations will compete. To entice players to try and capture the massive prize for winning the war, we are increasing the benefits of joining a Nation by an amazing amount!

Edit:
Due to a lot of questions, im working on making this more clear, we'll probably have a test war day on the test server to see how its going to play out. Thanks for interest and important follow up questions!

Griefing Legal Everywhere
  • Griefing is the majority of our petition load.
  • Protections are cheap. 250c for 16x16 and LWC's are 500c (less if supporter)
  • Nations have increased block bonuses to towns, join one to get more protection allotment!
  • Players should dictate the world scenery and direction.
  • Claiming structures will be very simple, if its not protected, you can take / change it.
  • No building/destroying restrictions. Player freedom!
  • Towns can be created at the edge of the creation, no more distance restrictions.
  • Admins will still do cleanups on environments to keep them good looking
  • Only active players will have protections.

Nations are beast! (Actual config here)
  • Towns who join large nations can get up to 75% off their taxes!
  • Towns get extra building chunks, up to 50!
  • Nations only cost 2500c to form now!
  • Nations can pay a fee to not fight in the war.

How War Works
  • Every other Saturday, a command is run "/ta toggle war"
  • The first war - only NATIONS go to war, the following ALL towns will go to WAR.
  • A count down of 30 seconds to prepare for war is done
  • You can grief blocks, they will not regenerate.
  • Towns will temporarily lose claimed areas.
  • Points in war given for the following:
    • A enemy killed: 1
    • A townblock stolen: 1
    • A town knocked out of the war: 10
    • A nation knocked out of the war: 100
  • Towny war ends when there is only one nation who's Home Block has not been conquered or when the admin toggles war off. Although the townblocks are restored at the end of war, the damage from any griefing is permanent.
  • The winner of the war gets 50% of the tax accumulated by the server for the week.

Feel free to read this for an in-depth view of what "war" entails. Note that this is to increase PVP on at least one day a week, your town and nation can pay for neutrality.

View attachment 10976
Just want to clarify, is war every Saturday or every other Saturday, because a couple times in the post you mention every other, but the header thingy says every Saturday, all day.