• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Class: Shaman

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I was thinking maybe Make forcetotem a skill that would shoot allies into the air but not add the de-buffs to them? Because then Shaman could be a support and help allies get into bases. (Just like druid's Rampartvine)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I was thinking maybe Make forcetotem a skill that would shoot allies into the air but not add the de-buffs to them? Because then Shaman could be a support and help allies get into bases. (Just like druid's Rampartvine)
AOE Super Jump....

Wolfzee

ICE ICE ICE!
I agree with the stuff here about shaman being way too offensive for a healer class. Also their totems constantly knocking people around needs to be changed. I fought against a group of people with a shaman, and I didn't touch the ground or move once the entire fight. Overall, they need more utility totems, for example buffs to allies.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I agree with the stuff here about shaman being way too offensive for a healer class. Also their totems constantly knocking people around needs to be changed. I fought against a group of people with a shaman, and I didn't touch the ground or move once the entire fight. Overall, they need more utility totems, for example buffs to allies.
Taking a small KB on damage is something that cannot be changed (I think) . It's not an extra thing the totems have it's MC mechanics. I think by offensive you mean damage dealing correct? Shaman is not primarily a healer it's just put in that section for the sake of organizing. It's a support class and a hybrid. It should be able to be offensive if it wants but deal less damage.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I was thinking that the damage of FireStrike Should be like..... cut in half? As A Bloodmage I just got outhealed and the Shaman had more dps then me........ At this point id rather shaman get over nerfed then stay how it is

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I was thinking that the damage of FireStrike Should be like..... cut in half? As A Bloodmage I just got outhealed and the Shaman had more dps then me........ At this point id rather shaman get over nerfed then stay how it is
Comparing any heal to bloodmage is silly, bloodmage cant heal anyways. 50% is a bit much. Knockback is the root of all evil for totems imo

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Well the damage on firestrike is a little derp atm. The thing is half the time, fire damage is preventing you from actually being hit. At 30 INT and PERFECT conditions it deals:
255 + 150 Fire Damage

So yeah....a little op. No matter what, the fire is going to skyrocket the damage. Kainzo has suggested this be fix, by instead of homing projectiles, the totem would shoot normal fireballs (Similarly to Firewave). If the problem where fire ticks prevent you from getting hit gets fixed, I wouldn't mind the damage being reduced-
To: 15 + .25

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Well the damage on firestrike is a little derp atm. The thing is half the time, fire damage is preventing you from actually being hit. At 30 INT and PERFECT conditions it deals:
255 + 150 Fire Damage

So yeah....a little op. No matter what, the fire is going to skyrocket the damage. Kainzo has suggested this be fix, by instead of homing projectiles, the totem would shoot normal fireballs (Similarly to Firewave). If the problem where fire ticks prevent you from getting hit gets fixed, I wouldn't mind the damage being reduced-
To: 15 + .25
that seems good :D

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
why would it require a change of code? the other skills you just change the configuration file.
This isn't a TargettedSkill. Totems don't have a "Target", they have a location you look at. So no, it's not already coded.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The point of the agility nerf on engulfing is mainly to prevent mobility classes from escaping (I'm looking at you goons/ninjas :p)
In the case of the other ideas I like them.

The concept of using ancestral/primal as a mass buff before battle sounds better than keeping it active (If you go back you can see that discussion I had with naomi about primal totem)

In the case of Cleanse Spirit, reduce the warm-up to 1-1.5 seconds and make it remove more debuffs?

Also, @Kainzo whats your opinion of adding an "Ancestral Totem?"
What was Ancestral again? If a magic buff, sounds good. Trying to prune through this stuff and missed a bit. The goal is to bring shaman's overall damage down and utility up. It's not an easy thing to do - we definitely didnt hit the mark the first time but I am certain we can do it :)

The overall goal is to make totems destryable by melee/skill damage.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
so was testing on test server awile ago before i had to go to work, it turns out that forcetotem's blind is also a targeting silence. so against classes that have only targeted skills (warriors, runeblade, ninja {not the bow}, etc), it's effectively an AoE silence for almost the entire duration. the only times it lets up is the .5~ second interval between the end of the debuff and the next tick. also considering that this slows you, it makes it hard to escape. could it be possible that the blind be removed on forcetotem as this seems a little overpowered.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The idea has gone around, but do you guys think about change force totem into a "Tremor Totem." Instead of forcing upwards, it would force outwards. Just an idea. If not maybe remove the blind on force totem, increase the knock up, and make it apply nausea.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The idea has gone around, but do you guys think about change force totem into a "Tremor Totem." Instead of forcing upwards, it would force outwards. Just an idea. If not maybe remove the blind on force totem, increase the knock up, and make it apply nausea.
Could have sworn I killed the blindness because it wasn't made with the no targeting in mind.
I'll change it later.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Tbh I say Give shamans Totems Warmups and higher mana costs, then also drain mana as long as their active?