• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mob Spawners

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
When we remove the spawners, we will;
  • turn the exp around spawners back to normal levels
  • introduce 'protected' / contested spawns that are 100% legit
  • introduce mob arena (x4) to offer a wave/increasing challenge
We want players to have a good time while leveling instead of just mindlessly grind at a spawner while holding down the mouse button.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
When we remove the spawners, we will;
  • turn the exp around spawners back to normal levels
  • introduce 'protected' / contested spawns that are 100% legit
  • introduce mob arena (x4) to offer a wave/increasing challenge
We want players to have a good time while leveling instead of just mindlessly grind at a spawner while holding down the mouse button.
So a 20 player cap in the mob arena's?
If possible, I definitely think it should be raised. There are soo many players trying to level right now. Everyone will probably want to do MA since its so fun.

I like the scaled arenas idea. IE 10 players fight in a bigger arena with more mobs. However, I think that involves more coding so probably not the best solution.

Simply adding more arenas (for now) would be the best imo.

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
So a 20 player cap in the mob arena's?
If possible, I definitely think it should be raised. There are soo many players trying to level right now. Everyone will probably want to do MA since its so fun.

I like the scaled arenas idea. IE 10 players fight in a bigger arena with more mobs. However, I think that involves more coding so probably not the best solution.

Simply adding more arenas (for now) would be the best imo.
It would probably be best if there was a wait line for mob arena.

I would because I want my higher level skills and since I'm not that great at PvP, I don't want to go outside and risk running into somebody. ;) But the Mob Arena will be awesome, and a great replacement/improvement for personal spawners.
Does anyone have a video as to what the MA looked like on the test server? I'm curious...

HollowSith

Diamond
Wooooow I leveled up till 55.. From just running around killing mobs/ people. I never used a mob spawner and I was the first person to master his spec. I think this is all more laziness then it is you all wanting to have "fun". Who wouldn't rather run out and kill mobs in the obvious areas they spawn? Forests, deserts and caves, compared to sitting and clicking in over and over mindlessly... Obviously, I don't have the same mind set as the rest of you. You want to level up without thinking and without any risk... Geeeeze take those damn mob spawners out....

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
Wooooow I leveled up till 55.. From just running around killing mobs/ people. I never used a mob spawner and I was the first person to master his spec. I think this is all more laziness then it is you all wanting to have "fun". Who wouldn't rather run out and kill mobs in the obvious areas they spawn? Forests, deserts and caves, compared to sitting and clicking in over and over mindlessly... Obviously, I don't have the same mind set as the rest of you. You want to level up without thinking and without any risk... Geeeeze take those damn mob spawners out....
Wow.. Really? Im impressed 0.O

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
That's how I did it to master warrior, rogue and spec dreadknight. I honestly don't care to do so again when there are better methods.

Just because you are the first doesn't mean your method of leveling is the best. It just means you put more time into it.

The way my mob spawner is set up causes me to lose a lot more health than just running around. There is risk, but it is void of fun. I don't consider running around for countless hours doing the same thing over again fun either. They pretty much become the same boring grind in the end. Except spawners are more efficient.

I do think MA has potential to be fun and efficient. So I'm all for that, but until they are properly implemented spawners should stay as they are now.

It's a video game; of course I'm being lazy...<_<

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4
I would because I want my higher level skills and since I'm not that great at PvP, I don't want to go outside and risk running into somebody. ;) But the Mob Arena will be awesome, and a great replacement/improvement for personal spawners.
Does anyone have a video as to what the MA looked like on the test server? I'm curious...
MobArena is just awesomesauce. You get awarded after each wave of mobs, you get the equipment provided and you play together in teams against waves of mobs and you dont have to search for them all the time, and you don't loose any items. Best idea ever IMHO

DarkStrider

Legacy Supporter 4
What I think should be done is this:

The 20 limit person mob spawners a great idea, people aren't invincible and if they die, OH WELL.

but, having just 1 is a bit rediculous, what I think should be done is have 4 identical spawners on 4 corners of the town, symetrical and less messy and this way you'll have 80/200 spaces for people to level, the rest could work on other things or just go out hunting.

Either way, I think having it done this will will cater to a majority of people who want to level then and there.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3

The 20 limit person mob spawners a great idea, people aren't invincible and if they die, OH WELL.

but, having just 1 is a bit rediculous, what I think should be done is have 4 identical spawners on 4 corners of the town, symetrical and less messy and this way you'll have 80/200 spaces for people to level, the rest could work on other things or just go out hunting.

Either way, I think having it done this will will cater to a majority of people who want to level then and there.

I think you have misunderstood this a little unfortunately :p

There will be 4 spawners; each with room for 5 people, which is why people are a little distressed about the possibility of them always being full.

ChunkyM0nk3y

Legacy Supporter 4

I don't know if I'm wrong here, but I don't really like "leveling". Isn't the heroes mod supposed to add fun to the game and awarding you for fighting against others and mining and a bit from everything? I don't think that it's supposed to have everyone "level" his way up to 55 all day, that'd be gay..
I mean the one who can stay on the longest and is spending more time standing in a room and clicking all day will be stronger than all the others who just enjoy the game? That's lame and wrong, in my opinion..