• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mob Spawners

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Today, Brutal announced that all mob spawners will be removed later tonight. I am against this for the following reasons:

Obviously, illegal spawners should be removed.

1. Some people work hard creating a spawner that is functional as well as legal. I don't think you should strip them of their work especially since they followed the rules.

2. Spawners are the only decent way to level. If I 'played the game and let the levels come to me' as Kainzo suggested, I would be playing a less enjoyable HC. Being higher levels has huge advantages, and without those advantages my experience on HC isn't as enjoyable. It also opens new doors (IE Necro's porting to Nether); if people couldn't level fast we would have to wait for a long time to have these doors open.

3. When Mob Arena finally makes it's appearance it will alleviate some of the need for spawners. However, there are currently about 150+ players on when I'm on. If what I have heard is true, there will be 4 spawners with a 5 player limit. That means 20/150+ players are able to level at a decent rate at one time. I bet that's 1/100th of the active players. That simply is not enough to compensate for a lack of spawners.

4. There are rules on spawners for a reason. Illegal spawners should be removed, legal spawners should stay. That's how it's worked in the past (and it worked just fine); and I see no reason why that should change.

Discuss.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I hope not. That's a dumb way to look at it. 'Let's remove one aspect of the game to make this one look better.' Or leave them both in and let them both be good. I'd much rather have two good things than one awesome thing.

By default I agree with you, Kalkyte.
I don't understand the motivation to remove all wilderness mob spawners. Is it just to increase the value of the Mob Arena?

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Since I don't think that to stand and killindmg zombies/spiders in xx houers I don't really care too much. I alsov think that some people who did grinding the first 4 days are just to powerful compared to the other, this is not because they are extremely good at what they do, but cause they think it is fun to stand in a room and wait for the same type of monster comming flooding down and kill them.

May i suggest darkroom? :)

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't find it fun either. It only gives an advantage over other players because the other players aren't doing the same. That's like saying mining gold gives a monetary advantage to players. Everyone can do it, therefore there is no real advantage.

Dark rooms are slow.

Hmm... I'm gonna have to put my vote in for "Keep the wilderness spawners."

Would there be a way to implement a time limit at the mob arena and have a queue for fairness?

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Since I don't think that to stand and killindmg zombies/spiders in xx houers I don't really care too much. I alsov think that some people who did grinding the first 4 days are just to powerful compared to the other, this is not because they are extremely good at what they do, but cause they think it is fun to stand in a room and wait for the same type of monster comming flooding down and kill them.

May i suggest darkroom? :)
Darkrooms are illegal.

Anddddddd nah, if any of you actually knew what was going on, you would know that I am removing all Mob Spawners that generated with the map and instead, having some PvP Enabled Regioned ones scattered throughout the Wilderness and some PvP Disabled Regioned ones just outside of Dragongarde. There will be different themes for them, there will be plenty and, of course, quite a few of each type of Mob.

EpicPoodle

Gold
Besides, it's so fucking lame to just sit at a Mob Spawner and whack, whack, whack, whack, whack, whack. Why not get out, travel, adventure and fight some Monsters that don't SPAWN in front of you. Quit being so damn lazy, get out and fight a bit, holy shit. Haha.

I'm just pissed i was banned and when i'm unbanned if unbanned i won't be able to use a spawner lmao

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
No, I saw all that. I don't like it. We can build perfectly fine ones for ourselves using our own ingenuity.

Going to add stuff (EDIT):
With PvP people are going to camp others trying to level. Sure it's a dick move; but that's exactly why people will do it.

I also agree with Look_out. Maybe your perception of it has faded since you've been a Zo for so long. It's soooo fucking lame. I know I sound like a whiny bitch but it's a game, there's no reason to make leveling as excessive as it is and degrade from the fun.

I agree, it's boring and lame. So is taking 3 months to level. So is the leveling system, etc.

Crownz

TNT
Just another point to add on to this, removing mob spawners this far into this server is going to severely hinder those who have not specced yet. Those who got to get to max level of their class with spawners will have had a much easier time than those who will have to do that without, and in turn this will create a large gap in level between the two groups, something you don't want to have on a hardcore PvP server. We need equal opportunity for all players, not just ones who did it early on in the server. The mistake was to allow them at the start of the map, if it was a mistake at all, not something that can be changed now. I know a lot of those I've talked to agree that mob spawners SHOULD NOT be removed.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm glad they are gone and will be re-implemented as brutal said. I just wish we didn't have them to begin with. Better to remove them now, before it's REALLY too late. I don't know if anyone's mastered a Spec yet, but it's normal to master your path sooner than in zeal, you only need level 30, which is like half the exp it takes to get to level 50!

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
The amount of mobs I find during night completely makes spawners useless.

Like brutal said, EXPLORE, don't just sit and wait for mobs to spawn in front of you...