• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mob Spawners

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Darkrooms are excellent for leveling. You can also man up and go up to the surface at night, and kill everything you see.

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
dungeon mob spawners should be illegal like last map. However, I think darkrooms should be legal. How many of you have ran through a cave? This could be used as a dark room. I just want everyone to know that the exp you get from running around whacking mobs is very very low as is already. Mob arenas will be *always* I mean *always* taken up. We need a new input of exp. @Kainzo quests... >: )

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree saber. They should be illegal, but until we have alternate sources of leveling that are actually good spawners should be legal.

Provide a better service and we will leave our stupid ways behind.

GraRona

Portal
dungeon mob spawners should be illegal like last map. However, I think darkrooms should be legal. How many of you have ran through a cave? This could be used as a dark room. I just want everyone to know that the exp you get from running around whacking mobs is very very low as is already. Mob arenas will be *always* I mean *always* taken up. We need a new input of exp. @Kainzo quests... >: )

Agreed. It will be a low chance that you will actually get a chance in the mob arena.

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
i've been looking and waiting for warshard. Warshard provides new ore/mass pvp/and maybe space for mob arenas :)

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
@Brutalacerate
Why are darkrooms illegal? I don't use them, never thought of it, but why?
They're illegal because 1. They draw from the overall allowed # of Mobs on the map, although now it's set to unlimited and 2. cuz. Haha.

Really, I don't have a definite answer besides the first reason. Besides that, you'd have to ask Kainzo.
A separate world perhaps? :p
Well, we're bringing Warshard back here within a month. That place should be nice for PURE No Rules PvP, but of course, no hacking. Maybe Kainzo will let me mass spawn Mobs on that map like 1 HUGE event.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Now, I don't wanna ruin the fun for anyone, really I don't, but when the time comes when I need to take measures like this, we need to come together and find a compromise.

How should WE, as a community, go about stopping the abusers?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Wow brutal... That is really refreshing to see. An admin working with us to create a solution :eek: Thanks.

I don't actually know if mob arenas are a good source of exp; but if so I think that there should be enough to house the majority of the players. Like enough to hold 100-120 people. Once done; mob spawners should be illegal/removed.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
The mob arenas--from what I saw on the test map--are an excellent source of exp. On the test server, a partied user could hit 55 in 30 minutes tops. I don't know if this would stop abusers or not, but it's definitely going to improve leveling experiences on Herocraft.

What we'll likely see with 2-3 arenas, is that they're always full, and always by the same group. This'll end up being a problem on it's own when the time comes, but I'm really hoping for a lot more arenas to choose from, more variety too. (Think platform over a death fall with skeleton spawn points on ledges, slime spawns on the platform.)

I kind of doubt offering an alternative will stop spawner abuse. Some people will still do it, simply because it's easier. Maybe we could flag all mobs that are spawned at a spawner, and if they take damage but can't hit someone within 5-10 seconds, they explode with the force of a dozen creepers? /fantasy

Okay, so what are "abusers"? We're not talking about people who grind on a legal spawner, right? We're talking about people who break the rules by making it so they can't be hit by the mobs.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I believe that is what we're calling abusers. People who hide behind blocks while mobs can't hit them.
Honestly, I'd prefer if the spawners were done away with. They can be very useful, but grinding for 48 hours to get to level 55 to bully everyone who didn't grind isn't cool. It's not what I think of when I think of Herocraft.
I don't know if we still allow spawn farms for items, but beside that, spawners don't have a lot of uses. As it is, the only way to catch up to those who used a spawner to level up, is to use a spawner yourself. Otherwise, sit back, enjoy the moments of the game where you're not being destroyed, and wait for level 30.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
lvl 30+55 ;)

MA sounds awesome. I would love to have a bunch of those (maximum occupancy) which would replace the need for spawners. My only concern is the occupancy. It HAS to compensate for the large amount of players currently trying to level or else it is not a good replacement.

agentjwall

Godly
The mob arenas--from what I saw on the test map--are an excellent source of exp. On the test server, a partied user could hit 55 in 30 minutes tops. I don't know if this would stop abusers or not, but it's definitely going to improve leveling experiences on Herocraft.

What we'll likely see with 2-3 arenas, is that they're always full, and always by the same group. This'll end up being a problem on it's own when the time comes, but I'm really hoping for a lot more arenas to choose from, more variety too. (Think platform over a death fall with skeleton spawn points on ledges, slime spawns on the platform.)

I kind of doubt offering an alternative will stop spawner abuse. Some people will still do it, simply because it's easier. Maybe we could flag all mobs that are spawned at a spawner, and if they take damage but can't hit someone within 5-10 seconds, they explode with the force of a dozen creepers? /fantasy

I like the idea but maybe make each spawner a different size one for groups up to 5, 10, or 20 players. The bigger the cap the larger the MA and the more mobs that spawn, making it more difficult. The difficulty would keep smaller groups to the smaller MAs but large groups working well together would be able to level faster.
(and it would help increase the number of people who can use the MAs at once)

Last thought: make a MA channel in chat (and maybe TS) so that players can better find others to join in the mob arena and co-ordinate making parties and joining pre-existing groups with those outside of their normal "friend groups".

micdoodle8

Legacy Supporter 5
If we have a sufficient amount of arenas I think that wiping spawners is fine. Leveling is meant to be a challenge, not killing endless mobs with a stone barrier in front of you. It should be teaming up with a group and fighting in the mob arena (if that's what you choose to do).