• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mob Spawners

agentjwall

Godly
I knew I made a mistake leveling Engineer first -.-

Oh well, as Calvin's dad once said:
"suffering builds character"

And who couldn't use a little more character in there life? :p

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
The amount of mobs I find during night completely makes spawners useless.

Like brutal said, EXPLORE, don't just sit and wait for mobs to spawn in front of you...
IDK how you do it; but the way I build spawners makes it 200% better than night spawns. Also, its day round; not just night.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
You dont under stand how long it takes with out a spawner...

Lets see you go out and level warrior or caster to 30 them the spec...

EDIT: Also, If you wanted to remove spawners you should have done it from the start. Cause now people who used spawners already to got level 50. It is unfair to the players who haven't used spawners yet will be at a disadvantage now cause spawners are being removed.
What the hell does time have to do with leveling? What are you in a rush for exactly? Work for something, don't be lazy. Are you quittin the server in 2 weeks and absolutely have to be mastered, etc before then?! Yah, play the game like usual and consider Heroes to be a PERK alongside the game itself.

No, I saw all that. I don't like it. We can build perfectly fine ones for ourselves using our own ingenuity.

Going to add stuff (EDIT):
With PvP people are going to camp others trying to level. Sure it's a dick move; but that's exactly why people will do it.

I also agree with Look_out. Maybe your perception of it has faded since you've been a Zo for so long. It's soooo fucking lame. I know I sound like a whiny bitch but it's a game, there's no reason to make leveling as excessive as it is and degrade from the fun.

I agree, it's boring and lame. So is taking 3 months to level. So is the leveling system, etc.
Didn't you read where I said there would be No PvP ones as well? And no, my "perception" hasn't faded by being a Zo. Heroes is a PERK alongside normal gameplay. You don't PLAY TO LEVEL, you play and when you level, you feel proud. How the fuck does anything feel proud of standing in front of a cube spamming their mouse?

Just another point to add on to this, removing mob spawners this far into this server is going to severely hinder those who have not specced yet. Those who got to get to max level of their class with spawners will have had a much easier time than those who will have to do that without, and in turn this will create a large gap in level between the two groups, something you don't want to have on a hardcore PvP server. We need equal opportunity for all players, not just ones who did it early on in the server. The mistake was to allow them at the start of the map, if it was a mistake at all, not something that can be changed now. I know a lot of those I've talked to agree that mob spawners SHOULD NOT be removed.
It's like with EVERY other video game. You don't necessarily start out at the same place as everyone else. No one will be undefeated. It will take deaths to level while fighting battles, monsters, etc.

The amount of mobs I find during night completely makes spawners useless.

Like brutal said, EXPLORE, don't just sit and wait for mobs to spawn in front of you...
People are having such a hard time understanding what I mean by "Heroes is a PERK to normal gameplay." You play Minecraft as usual and you experience Heroes along the way...

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Except you can't experience the rest of HC as a low level. You get raped by others, don't have cool/fun skills etc.

It's a trade off; you can grind to have the most possible fun quickly, or not grind to eventually get all the fun.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Except you can't experience the rest of HC as a low level. You get raped by others, don't have cool/fun skills etc.

It's a trade off; you can grind to have the most possible fun quickly, or not grind to eventually get all the fun.
Yes, you can. It will just take some work. Again, what's your rush? Haha.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
My rush is that I want to experience all I can, and be able to PvP to the best of my classes abilities as fast as I can.

I assume your spawners give half exp/no money/no items?

shrimpy77

Glowstone
Spawners should be allowed, but consider the following:

-Spawners are considered rare blocks, so anyone can grief them
-If the spawner is in a regioned plot, it should be removed (considering people can't remove this).

I thought of this because everyone would have to defend their spawners if they cared about them. In the end, they would have to train in wilderness if they didn't defend their spawner.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Pretty much how it is now; which I agree with.
Spawners should be allowed, but consider the following:

-Spawners are considered rare blocks, so anyone can grief them
-If the spawner is in a regioned plot, it should be removed (considering people can't remove this).

I thought of this because everyone would have to defend their spawners if they cared about them. In the end, they would have to train in wilderness if they didn't defend their spawner.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
Don't take them out, or wipe people who used them, because it's unfair, time isn't the problem. 4 American Warriors couldn't take a single level 14 dragoon, that's the difference. Same with a level 10+ pally. Just isn't fair. They are way to OP compared to base classes for them to be able to do that and not everyone else gets to. I wouldn't have a problem either if I had my region....

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
People are having such a hard time understanding what I mean by "Heroes is a PERK to normal gameplay." You play Minecraft as usual and you experience Heroes along the way...
Heroes puts quite a few restraints on normal Minecraft, mostly by way of equipment restrictions. It encourages a different playstyle than plain Minecraft. People can't fight like normal, they can't build like normal and they can't craft like normal. They can at least mine like normal (unless normal is a diamond pickaxe). You can get some of that back by leveling up Heroes classes, but never all of it.

This is part of why I like Herocraft. It's a different flavor and experience than vanilla MC. Heroes isn't really a side item. It is not exactly integral, not yet. But Herocraft would not develop the same way without it.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Didn't you read where I said there would be No PvP ones as well? And no, my "perception" hasn't faded by being a Zo. Heroes is a PERK alongside normal gameplay. You don't PLAY TO LEVEL, you play and when you level, you feel proud. How the fuck does anything feel proud of standing in front of a cube spamming their mouse?

You dont like that? ;)

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Don't take them out, or wipe people who used them, because it's unfair, time isn't the problem. 4 American Warriors couldn't take a single level 14 dragoon, that's the difference. Same with a level 10+ pally. Just isn't fair. They are way to OP compared to base classes for them to be able to do that and not everyone else gets to. I wouldn't have a problem either if I had my region....
While this doesn't concern whether XYZ are OP or not; I am inclined to agree to an extent. It provides a means to quickly get up to par with the rest of the community. Without it, new players/low level players are SOL. They're new, cut them some slack.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Engies should be able to place a 15 by 15 area that holds a defult spawner and water system. Exp reward can be altered by sleaker and kainzo etc.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Engies should be able to place a 15 by 15 area that holds a defult spawner and water system. Exp reward can be altered by sleaker and kainzo etc.
That would be cool. Pssst give full exp but no money or drops.