• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mass Effect 3

I dunno what they were thinking... Making the ending some BS all-encompassing thing. Like, what's the point of all our 100+ hours of gameplay if the grand finale doesn't really reflect any of those choices? Sheesh. I think that Bioware's heard their fans and their complaints though, so they'll have something interesting cooked up soon.

xXAmonicXx

ICE ICE ICE!
I dunno what they were thinking... Making the ending some BS all-encompassing thing. Like, what's the point of all our 100+ hours of gameplay if the grand finale doesn't really reflect any of those choices? Sheesh. I think that Bioware's heard their fans and their complaints though, so they'll have something interesting cooked up soon.
I just hope they make mass effect 4, or AT LEAST a What-if Dlc with more options..

Watter_Bottle

Legacy Supporter 4
Hell i would pay 10 dollars for a different ending. DLC all you like Bioware

They left it wide open and i hope they did it for a reason; rather than try and release on-time and come up with some lose end unfinished product to 'satisfy' us players.

xXAmonicXx

ICE ICE ICE!
Well, I heard that Bioware wanted to work on the ending a bit longer, but EA rushed them... so shit happened

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
From this I've lost faith in Game companies and Game journalism. It'll be hard to buy anything from Bioware, EA, or any game ending in 3 for that matter.

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
Guys the ending is just fine and I liked it. I hate how people say your actions don't change it but they do, the ending is effected by the amount of quest renegade and paragon even the ME2 ending, so how is that "what you do in the game doesn't even matter" people always complain about! And there won't be an ME4 the series was a trilogy and if they do make another you guys will still play it, even if you hated ME3 ending. +Plus who watches Kootra's playthrough?!

xXAmonicXx

ICE ICE ICE!
Guys the ending is just fine and I liked it. I hate how people say your actions don't change it but they do, the ending is effected by the amount of quest renegade and paragon even the ME2 ending, so how is that "what you do in the game doesn't even matter" people always complain about! And there won't be an ME4 the series was a trilogy and if they do make another you guys will still play it, even if you hated ME3 ending. +Plus who watches Kootra's playthrough?!
Well they might make Me4, because *SPOILER at the ending someones breathes with a n7 suit, perhaps shepard? SPOILER* usually when they leave players 'hanging' like that, they want them to hope for a sequel or something. And we're not saying the ending was completely bad, we're just saying that they could've made it better...

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
I hate how people say your actions don't change it but they do
No, they really don't. The only things that determine what "ending" you get are your EMS, and which color you choose at the end. All of the endings are virtually identical, don't give you any closure, and aren't affected by your actions (i.e. you don't get to see what happens to certain species that you've helped or doomed during the series).

Here's a video that shows a side-by-side comparison of all of the endings. (obvious spoilers)

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
No, they really don't. The only things that determine what "ending" you get are your EMS, and which color you choose at the end. All of the endings are virtually identical, don't give you any closure, and aren't affected by your actions (i.e. you don't get to see what happens to certain species that you've helped or doomed during the series).
Exactly this. The ending, after a huge build up of lies, was a huge letdown. Take a look at this.

We were fed lie after lie.

This is a quote from the link above

Code:
If a painter has agreed to paint a wilderness scene for me, and
I have paid them based on that promise, are you saying they have the
right to give me a painting of a cityscape instead, and that I simply
have to accept it because their "artistic integrity" is at stake?
I didn't think so.  So while your argument for artistic choices is
understandable, unfortunately the moment you began making
promises to your consumers you became bound to them.

This sums up what Bioware did. Promised us a wilderness and gave us a cityscape

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
I hate how people say your actions don't change it but they do

Here's a video that shows a side-by-side comparison of all of the endings. (obvious spoilers)

Deciding to save or destroy the Collector’s Base at the end of Mass Effect 2 is the major thing that changes the ending of Mass Effect 3. You’ll see that some outcomes are similar, but some are quite different.
Oh excuse me what is that I just quoted, http://gametipcenter.com/mass-effect-3-endings-list. Your point is invalid and I have seen that video a few days ago. Also if you look below you will see the possible endings, thats a lot more than red, green, or blue.
Saved the Collector’s Base in Mass Effect 2

Effective Military Strength under 1750 – Earth is destroyed regardless of the decisions you’ve made
Effective Military Strength of 1750 to 2049 – Save the Reapers and Earth will be saved
Effective Military Strength of 2050 to 2349 – Become a Reaper and Earth will be saved
Effective Military Strength of 2350 to 2649 – Destroy the Reapers and Earth will be somewhat destroyed
Effective Military Strength of 2650 to 2799 – Destroy the Reapers and Earth will be destroyed
Effective Military Strength of 2800 to 3999 – The Galaxy and Earth will be saved once you’re able to create synergy
Effective Military Strength of 4000 to 4999 – Destroy the Reapers and Save Anderson from the Illusive Man to see that Shepard lives (Requires max Paragon/Renegade to save Anderson)
Effective Military Strength of 5000 and higher – Destroy the Reapers but unable to Save Anderson from the Illusive Man, you’ll see the clip where Shepard is alive
Destroyed the Collector’s Base in Mass Effect 2

Effective Military Strength under 1750 – Earth is destroyed regardless of the decisions you’ve made
Effective Military Strength of 1750 to 1899 – Become a Reaper and the Earth will be destroyed
Effective Military Strength of 1900 to 2349 – Destroy the Reapers and the Earth will be somewhat destroyed
Effective Military Strength of 2350 to 2649 – Become a Reaper and the Earth will be saved
Effective Military Strength of 2650 to 2799 – Destroy the Reapers and Earth will be saved
Effective Military Strength of 2800 to 3999 – The Galaxy and Earth will be saved once you’re able to create synergy
Effective Military Strength of 4000 to 4999 – Destroy the Reapers and Save Anderson from the Illusive Man to see that Shepard lives (Requires max Paragon/Renegade to save Anderson)
Effective Military Strength of 5000 and higher – Destroy the Reapers but unable to Save Anderson from the Illusive Man, you’ll see the clip where Shepard is alive

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Ok, I'll respect that. I however belive the ending was awful and riddled with plot holes (akin to swiss cheese). I don't want there to be bad blood between us over a game. I just think we were lied to.

This discussion was giving me bad vibes. Getting out of hand imo. So if you'd like to continue (I do) we can carry on a mature, non-flame, conversation about Mass effect 3's ending. Or we can drop it here, It won't bother me. :/

xXAmonicXx

ICE ICE ICE!
!
This is a short version of what I think stronghold told, just watch it, try not to skip it, it's pretty interesting and let's just hope that bioware isn't trolling in the video.. ;)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Does anybody find it ironic you can download Mass Effect 3 costume DLC for Final Fantasy XIII-2?

Don't get me wrong, I love that game. IMO the ending was better, and more complete than ME3's BUT both games suffer from this DLC new-ending crap. ME3 makes me, and the rest of the world more mad about it (because you can be much happier with beating XIII-2 without DLC, unlike ME3) but I couldn't help but laugh.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Does anybody find it ironic you can download Mass Effect 3 costume DLC for Final Fantasy XIII-2?

Don't get me wrong, I love that game. IMO the ending was better, and more complete than ME3's BUT both games suffer from this DLC new-ending crap.

WHAT! Lol, that's hilarious, I've never played FFXIII-2 though.