• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mass Effect 3

Jeeze, guys. What's with all the hate? The game isn't THAT bad... Everyone who's reviewed it has said it's near perfect, and I seem to like the game well enough. Not sure what you're not liking about it.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
On a scale of 1 to 10?
Giving it a 1 would be too generous.

I can't tell you much without spoiling the plot, but it's basically pick-an-ending, DX:HR style. There's also very little difference between the 3 choices that you're given. They all have the exact same outcome.

All of the choices that you made throughout the Mass Effect series end up being for nothing, since you will always get the same 3 endings to choose from, no matter what. Your decisions mean fuck all.

For instance, I wanted to do a "let the galaxy burn" playthrough after this one, where I would go pure renegade, skip all possible sidequests, and try to get as many people and squadmates killed as I could to see how it all turned out. Now that I know that it will always end the same way no matter what I do, I don't see much point in playing the series ever again.

gg, Bioware. Nice to see that you can't pump out a good game ever since you sold your souls to EA. RIP old Bioware.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Jeeze, guys. What's with all the hate? The game isn't THAT bad... Everyone who's reviewed it has said it's near perfect, and I seem to like the game well enough. Not sure what you're not liking about it.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game very much. It's just that the ending completely turned the series on its head and ruined it (for me, at least).

/nerdrage

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game very much. It's just that the ending completely turned the series on its head and ruined it (for me, at least).

/nerdrage

Reminds me of 90% of the gamefaqs XIII-2 board, I happen to love that game (and it's endings).

But then again this is EA we are talking about, ME3 might not be a matter of opinion.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Here's how I would have done the ending:

WARNING: Contains major plot spoilers. Only read if you have already finished the game.

Depending on your readiness (there are 3 different levels of readiness, I believe), different things happen (consequences in the ending for not being fully prepared! Who would've thought?!).

Shepard approaches the beam that leads to the Citadel.

Least prepared: Happens exactly the same as it is now, up until Shepard reaches the Illusive man. Since you weren't prepared, you see the entire fleet around you being decimated, and the Illusive man ends up controlling and indoctrinating Shepard before the Crucible can be activated. The Normandy is destroyed by Harbinger. Cutscenes are given, showing various locations over the next few hundred years, as the major races fall. The galaxy is defeated, and cycle continues.

Somewhat prepared: Happens exactly the same up until Shepard reaches the console. The fleet is taking heavy losses, and the Normandy and Harbinger both destroy each other. He activates the Crucible, killing all of the Reapers in the galaxy. He sits down next to Anderson, and dies next to him as he watches Reapers be destroyed. Cutscenes show what happened to the various races in the future, depending on if you helped them or not (i.e. not curing the genophage, but getting the krogans to help will result in them becoming extinct very quickly due to heavy losses and not being able to reproduce fast enough).

Fully prepared: Harbinger is busy fighting the fleet in orbit, so isn't there to stop Shepard from reaching the beam. Shepard fights through hordes of Reaper troops on his way to the control room. Shepard is able to fight the Illusive Man's ability to control him. Illusive Man dies, Anderson lives. The fleet is holding their own against the Reaper forces, and the Normandy destroys Harbinger with its thanix cannon. The crucible is activated (with this song playing in the background: www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgBGWT8MiUM ), wiping out all of the Reapers in the galaxy. Cutscenes are shown on various worlds across the galaxy, as everyone cheers as they watch the Reapers drop dead. Shepard gives a heroic speech on Earth with all of his friends standing next to him. After that, it shows what happened to the various races in the future, depending on if you helped them or not.

Seriously, Bioware. Would it have been that hard to have endings like that?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Here's how I would have done the ending:

WARNING: Contains major plot spoilers. Only read if you have already finished the game.

Depending on your readiness (there are 3 different levels of readiness, I believe), different things happen (consequences in the ending for not being fully prepared! Who would've thought?!).

Shepard approaches the beam that leads to the Citadel.

Least prepared: Happens exactly the same as it is now, up until Shepard reaches the Illusive man. Since you weren't prepared, you see the entire fleet around you being decimated, and the Illusive man ends up controlling and indoctrinating Shepard before the Crucible can be activated. The Normandy is destroyed by Harbinger. Cutscenes are given, showing various locations over the next few hundred years, as the major races fall. The galaxy is defeated, and cycle continues.

Somewhat prepared: Happens exactly the same up until Shepard reaches the console. The fleet is taking heavy losses, and the Normandy and Harbinger both destroy each other. He activates the Crucible, killing all of the Reapers in the galaxy. He sits down next to Anderson, and dies next to him as he watches Reapers be destroyed. Cutscenes show what happened to the various races in the future, depending on if you helped them or not (i.e. not curing the genophage, but getting the krogans to help will result in them becoming extinct very quickly due to heavy losses and not being able to reproduce fast enough).

Fully prepared: Harbinger is busy fighting the fleet in orbit, so isn't there to stop Shepard from reaching the beam. Shepard fights through hordes of Reaper troops on his way to the control room. Shepard is able to fight the Illusive Man's ability to control him. Illusive Man dies, Anderson lives. The fleet is holding their own against the Reaper forces, and the Normandy destroys Harbinger with its thanix cannon. The crucible is activated (with this song playing in the background: www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgBGWT8MiUM ), wiping out all of the Reapers in the galaxy. Cutscenes are shown on various worlds across the galaxy, as everyone cheers as they watch the Reapers drop dead. Shepard gives a heroic speech on Earth with all of his friends standing next to him. After that, it shows what happened to the various races in the future, depending on if you helped them or not.

Seriously, Bioware. Would it have been that hard to have endings like that?

EA says: No ending for you! You bry 10 dawwr DLC for good ending!

j/k but hey, it's EA.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
The ending totaly killed the appeal of any of the other two games. Don't get me wrong, the first 98% of the game was brilliance, but the end.... I just don't want to LIVE near this game any more