• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mass Effect 3

Who's getting it? Are you bringing your character over from ME2? Are you gonna be a Paragon, or a Renegade? What were some of your greatest moments from Mass Effect 2 or 1? Gimme some feedback!

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Mass Effect 1 was leaps and bounds better than Me2
Was it any chance partially due to the bajillion armor and weapon types? I've found that people either like that or enjoy the simple style from ME2 wiht only a handful of weapons. I honestly perfered ME2 but rumor has it ME3 will be a lot more like the first.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
ME2 went the way of console crap. Instead of actual "going" to locations it just gave you a loading screen or some crap tip display. Fuck that. I want to be immersed, the more they bring me away from my character, the less I desire to play.

ME1 you were always looking / talking / listening to something related. ME2 took the worse parts of ME1 and then murdered them further because the "fans" wanted it.

Gunmoney321

ICE ICE ICE!
Y'know, I own both Me2 and Me, but I've tried recording my first playthroughs for my Youtube channel, and something always goes wrong -_- I haven't been able to fully enjoy the games yet

Kainzo, I agree. They dumbed down the Citadel to the point of which I was confused as to how I was supposed to talk to the council. I loved being able to walk around that big space station, and they kinda mushed it into a few shops and a C-SEC scanner.

Petator

Glowing Redstone
yes, yes, paragon with renegade dialogue.

I liked the first game due to it's immersion, customization of weapons, and its combat mechanics. I hated its dungeons, writing, and vehicle exploration.

I prefer the second game, mostly because the writing was better and it had more variety. I also liked the simpler, but generally more customizable inventory management. A lot of the combat was generic as hell, though, and the in-town areas-- particularly in the Citadel-- felt too limited.

Has anyone played the demo? I went through the first bit of it, and it looks like the new combat system is pretty much the best of both worlds. It's nice that you're not completely invulnerable to shots when in cover, and health doesn't really regen. I dislike that they're keeping the ammo system, though. IMO, the overheat system from ME1 was cooler.

xXAmonicXx

ICE ICE ICE!
First I'll complete the game being paragon, then on the second playtrough I'll import my me2 character and dominate the Me3 universe of total sexy evilness C:<

xXAmonicXx

ICE ICE ICE!
I'm usually just the soldier. It's the best all-around class, which I love to play.
In my opinion soldier in Me2 was a really easy class to play as and the gameplay becomes very linear, just kill everyone in a couple of seconds.. When you play other classes though you manage to enjoy the game to the fullest

Yes. It's like Co-op survival mode, with little side missions thrown in every other 2-3 rounds or so. Then, after 10 waves, you have to extract with the rest of your team.