• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mass Effect 3

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I heard it had day one DLC which includes important story bits. That, and the story was cut open like a cheap tiawanna surgeon into a slut's tits to give new players a chance to get into the series having played ME3 and not 1 or 2.

Not interested ;)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I heard it had day one DLC which includes important story bits. That, and the story was cut open like a cheap tiawanna surgeon into a slut's tits to give new players a chance to get into the series having played ME3 and not 1 or 2.

Not interested ;)
Sad and very pathetic - I wont be buying it but I'll gladly borrow it from a friend.

xXAmonicXx

ICE ICE ICE!

Not interested ;)
It's not completely like that, they said that when you play coop some of the missions you complete may affect how the story goes, but it won't affect it like when you play coop and turn on campaign you go WTF?!? No it should'nt be that, it should either affect something in some dialogs and side situations.. At least that's what I heard from one of the developers

xXAmonicXx

ICE ICE ICE!
Sad and very pathetic - I wont be buying it but I'll gladly borrow it from a friend.
Why borrow or not buy? Download it from the internet lol, it got released in stores and the internet at almost the same time :D

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
It's not completely like that, they said that when you play coop some of the missions you complete may affect how the story goes, but it won't affect it like when you play coop and turn on campaign you go WTF?!? No it should'nt be that, it should either affect something in some dialogs and side situations.. At least that's what I heard from one of the developers

Well I'm talking about first hand experience from a close friend who's played the game. :p Sure he may have exaggerated how cut open the story was like I had explained, but day one DLC is unforgivable.

EA does tend to go full retard on most everything they touch, but Mass Effect doesn't seem to have gone downhill yet. Day one DLC isn't thaaaaat bad, I for one enjoy seeing additional ways to enjoy the game at so soon a stage.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
EA does tend to go full retard on most everything they touch, but Mass Effect doesn't seem to have gone downhill yet. Day one DLC isn't thaaaaat bad, I for one enjoy seeing additional ways to enjoy the game at so soon a stage.

It's not as bad as when EA had DLC for some racing game they make (was it Need for Speed?) where the DLC unlocked content stored ON DISK.

Now that was really bad. But still, ME3 should have included the day 1 DLC with the game. EA just wants your money at any cost.

It's not as bad as when EA had DLC for some racing game they make (was it Need for Speed?) where the DLC unlocked content stored ON DISK.

Now that was really bad. But still, ME3 should have included the day 1 DLC with the game. EA just wants your money at any cost.
I see where you're coming from. BFBC 2 had something similar, they had content already on the disc unlocked periodically, and you could only access it if you had an online pass.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I see where you're coming from. BFBC 2 had something similar, they had content already on the disc unlocked periodically, and you could only access it if you had an online pass.

Well, all games come with online passes now. It's mostly to kick the used game industry in the nuts. If you buy a new game it will come with the online pass so you don't actually have to buy anything extra. I'm not saying I like online passes either, I think they AND day one DLC is pretty terrible.

Well, the thing about online passes is that they help pay for servers. Which is where you're right about the used game stuff. With all the extra freeloaders getting access to online play for half the price, the servers become more strained and less usable by the people who actually payed for the game. By buying an online pass, you're doin your part to help out with the server lag.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
(no spoilers below, just talking about game mechanics and such)

Been playing this for almost 8 hours now. I have to say, I'm very impressed with that they've done. Only thing I didn't care for was that some of the dialogue seemed a bit forced at the beginning.

Other than that, combat has been greatly improved (i.e. sprinting for as long as you want, rolling, melee that's actually useful, weapon mods and upgrades, etc.).

Powers are much more useful. They recharge much faster than in ME2, and with the upgrades where you have to choose between two, both are actually good (as opposed to ME2, where if you fully upgraded a power, one of the options was usually objectively better than the other). More power variety for all the squadmates as well.

The new scanning mechanic is kinda neat. You can now scan areas of the system for hidden "assets" (fuel, salvage, missions, etc.), but each time you scan, you increase the chances of the Reapers finding you if you're in a Reaper controlled sector. The scanning minigame from ME2 is still there, but is only used when you detect an anomaly on a planet.

Another thing I noticed is that they changed how dialogue usually works after doing a mission. As you remember in ME1 and ME2, you would always go into the conversation wheel when talking to someone on the ship, and after finishing a mission they would usually have new dialogue to choose. Now they seem to act like Zaeed and Kasumi did in ME2, where they just say a few lines instead of going into the dialogue wheel. I'm not that far in, so this may change later. Not sure what to think of this.

dieing25

Legacy Supporter 3
Not buying because of windows for games live and the fact they have day one dlc.... ok ill buy but much later.... maybe only a little later.... Man I want to play.

Spiritwind

Dirt
Picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait :D. Sadly I no longer have my characters from the first and second Mass Effect. I have the Steam version of the first and second, and the steam for some reason deleted the game and its files after updating...

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
Picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait :D. Sadly I no longer have my characters from the first and second Mass Effect. I have the Steam version of the first and second, and the steam for some reason deleted the game and its files after updating...
I don't think Steam would delete files outside of the Steam folder.

You might want to check to be sure. The save files are located in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Save\

I've played around 6 hours or so, and I love it. Absolutely love it. Just... Amazing. I've noticed a couple of glitches, and a few things are missing that may require previous experience from the sequels, but nothing game-changing. It's nothing a patch couldn't fix. Otherwise, the game is amazing, and I can't wait to play more.