• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Map Feedback - Pantheon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Why not both? Herogates provide a money sink and can help newer players from going to what I would consider 'Hotspots'.

I just had another idea. Perhaps the port spires can go where the herogate are now, and the hero gates can be perpendicular to spawn instead of diagonal (that's 0, 1500. 1500, 0.. so on)

That way the gates are just fast travel out of spawn but the port spires help get you to the castles when they turn into pvp hotspots. Also the gates would be only 500 away from two castles if this was done. Not unreasonable to walk if you don't have a wizard or druid if you have speed buffs/potions

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I have a few things to bring up that can hopefully be discussed about.

Alchemist
  • Seems rather useless seeing that you cannot use potions in combat.
  • Is there a way we can make this class relevant again?
Nether
  • Is there a nether open? Will one be opened?
  • It's important for building materials and potions (if they become useful again)
  • Cannot progress to a Tier 3 Town @Dielan9999
PvP Elo
  • There are pro's and con's to this system...
  • It promotes rivalry and PvP
  • But it also promotes constant onslaught of any player you see, leading to camping or constant killing of a low level that comes your way.
  • It also stops people from entering a fight in fear of loosing their elo.

Will post more later

Last edited:

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

Alchemist
Nether
  • It's important for building materials and potions (if they become useful again)
PvP Elo
  • But it also promotes constant onslaught of any player you see, leading to camping or constant killing of a low level that comes your way.

Will post more later

Also worth noting that without a nether you cannot progress to town tier 3. I don't know what mat we need but @Symbolite will back me up on this

Super593

Glowstone
What about the End?

Will the End/End Portals become usable this map as well? What about allowing potions [With a limit] in combat?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Also worth noting that without a nether you cannot progress to town tier 3. I don't know what mat we need but @Symbolite will back me up on this
This is now resolved. Flawless Diamonds werent being created.

Alchemist
Nether
  • Cannot progress to a Tier 3 Town @Dielan9999
PvP Elo

Will post more later
I say we reset elo every 30 days...

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Alchemists can craft glow stone via a cauldron. I don't remember the exact recipe, but it is somewhat expensive. With that said, it might just have to be done.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I've only just begun playing a few hours ago and didn't dig deep into it, but I am enjoying myself so far. Aside from the new chest lock system that everyone hates, I can't complain too much so far.

I've yet to PVP, but I'm sure once I do I'll find something to complain about because that's how I roll :)

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
PVE:
The pve business is booming! Mythicmobs to make leveling better and no general concerns in this department. This also includes building/roleplaying etc.

PVP:
This is where the server is struggling. Deathchests take 6/7 minutes to open but thats not even the worst part. ELO is not really cared for anymore and to those who do, it either prevents them from entering combat due to them not wanting to lose their elo, or encourages combat for those who want to climb in elo. However in my opinion it's not really important for anything at this stage (no incentive). Rivalry between towns is well and truly dead as displayed by the only two major forces on the server lazytown and newerth (honourable mention to the ark, hunyaaa as mercenary groups) where newerth are too pre-occupied with other aspects of the game to pvp us (lazytown) and therefore there isnt really much pvp anymore. This isn't newerths fault at all, but I begin to think that it's our fault for playing on a predominantly PVE/building server where people are either not interested in pvp or if they are, they don't have a large enough group/are not skilled enough to challenge us (lazytown). This brings me to my next point in which incentive to play the game seriously has gone out the window.

Economy:
The economy is well and truly fucked thanks to Kainzo injecting money into the tip jar and whenever people buy boosts, they receive that money which is usually in large sums between 8-10k. On any other server this would be pay-to-win, however the money is literally meaningless because the economy is so broken because of it. Nothing really has value as anyone and everyone can just pay a bit of real money to get the coins to acquire the items. This is also one of the factors that ruins pvp, the fact that when you kill someone AND on the odd occasion manage to get their items from their deathchest, the items are generally worthless and there is no real point to any of it.

TL;DR: economy is non-existent (lost large aspect of the game) due to boost pay2win functionality - money is worthless, pvp is dying because everyone is either pve fairies living in their own little fantasy world or there is no real incentive to it besides elo which most people don't even value anymore.

Kainzo Edit:
We do not inject money into the Tip Jar
A portion of the votes go to the tip jar.

Last edited by a moderator:

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
PVE:
The pve business is booming! Mythicmobs to make leveling better and no general concerns in this department. This also includes building/roleplaying etc.

PVP:
This is where the server is struggling. Deathchests take 6/7 minutes to open but thats not even the worst part. ELO is not really cared for anymore and to those who do, it either prevents them from entering combat due to them not wanting to lose their elo, or encourages combat for those who want to climb in elo. However in my opinion it's not really important for anything at this stage (no incentive). Rivalry between towns is well and truly dead as displayed by the only two major forces on the server lazytown and newerth (honourable mention to the ark, hunyaaa as mercenary groups) where newerth are too pre-occupied with other aspects of the game to pvp us (lazytown) and therefore there isnt really much pvp anymore. This isn't newerths fault at all, but I begin to think that it's our fault for playing on a predominantly PVE/building server where people are either not interested in pvp or if they are, they don't have a large enough group/are not skilled enough to challenge us (lazytown). This brings me to my next point in which incentive to play the game seriously has gone out the window.

Economy:
The economy is well and truly fucked thanks to Kainzo injecting money into the tip jar and whenever people buy boosts, they receive that money which is usually in large sums between 8-10k. On any other server this would be pay-to-win, however the money is literally meaningless because the economy is so broken because of it. Nothing really has value as anyone and everyone can just pay a bit of real money to get the coins to acquire the items. This is also one of the factors that ruins pvp, the fact that when you kill someone AND on the odd occasion manage to get their items from their deathchest, the items are generally worthless and there is no real point to any of it.

TL:DR: economy is non-existent (lost large aspect of the game) due to boost pay2win functionality - money is worthless, pvp is dying because everyone is either pve fairies living in their own little fantasy world or there is no real incentive to it besides elo which most people don't even value anymore.
Thanks for the honorable mention fam.

My counter point to your perspective on PVP, and this is only an observation, is that you have a complete monopoly on the strong PvP players of the server. This means that A: No one is willing to fight you because they're not skilled enough, and B: Those that do fight are usually of little challenge.

Unlike PvE, PvP is a challenging experience that you never stop learning about. You can learn the basics of PvE content in a few hours, but understanding a small bit of what it takes to properly PvP in Herocraft is often what turns newer players away from PvP. It has a high entry-point for skill, and has an even higher skill ceiling. At the moment we may have many older players, but those of you at the stop of the PvP skill ceiling are usually grouped together, leaving only a few individuals in their own groups. It just simply isn't feasible to have half or maybe more of the best possible PvPers on the server in one town, and then complain about how there is no competition.

I've always come to the conclusion that PvE should be a gateway to HC's deep PvP, but not many players seem to agree. Don't get me wrong, I love doing builds and especially making traps (shoutout to LazyTown for "helping" me test that thing), but post-level 60 there really Isn't much else to do than kill other heroes. I think that's where the blockade on player retention is being hit. There isn't enough decent PvP players around to properly teach the newbies how to PvP.

And to camping, this is a hot topic that'll usually spark a hefty amount of debate, but here is what I have to say: I got camped a LOT--and I mean a lot. Right down to bounty abuse and even abusing the mechanics of legendary classes. And these events greatl reduced my interest in the server. Sure, I stayed, but I was running a town at the time and I had an obligation to stay on for them. New players don't have this same mentality, they literally have nothing, or very little. When they're used as simple ELO fuel it kills their experience, and sometimes entices them to quit the server before they've had any experience. And trust me, I've been on both sides of this, hunting and being hunted, and there are ways to nurture players after. For example, when I first started I would go bounty hunting and frequently seek the easier bounties on newer players (easy money.). Oftentimes I'd find these players minding their own business, and I would kill them. But I would not camp their things, and I would often message them telling them that they may retrieve their items--sometimes I would even offer advice on how they should handle it next time. I learned this when I first after talking to a person who killed me, and they gave me advice on how to win fights with my chosen class.

The point is, ELO farming has a heavy prevalence on the server. This wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't targeting the lower level players that are easy prey for top tier PvP players. If maybe, every once in a while you'd talk to that noob you pitilessly slaughtered (I say this in sarcasm.) you might be able to teach them a bit about PvP--and by extension, increase your competition.

TLDR:
Competition is small because your town monopolizes most of the top tier PvP players.
PvE should simply be a gateway to PvP post-level 60. ELO farming is killing noob's interest in the server or PvP. The overt complexities of class combat is too much as well (supposed overhaul in so that should be fixed.)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

Another issue with pvp these days is that it is not very profitable. There's a couple of things that can be done to make it more worthwhile like adding more castles that are like diamond and always up for recap or fixing the economy so you actually have a use for your rare materials aside from just having them. If we overhauled professions so they could make unique items at max level I would care a lot more about not dying w/ my rare mats, and I would care a lot more about breaking into peoples towns to steal these materials from them.

There isn't much incentive to always have castles either we usually only bother with them when we want an exp boost or are missing one or another town material we can't trade for from another friendly town. It's all risk and no reward.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I still think you should have to have a chest in your inventory to spawn a death chest.

Wouldn't be much, but at least there'd be a cost and people wouldn't get infinite re-try's on their stuff.

_phant0m_

TNT
Economy:

TL;DR: economy is non-existent (lost large aspect of the game) due to boost pay2win functionality - money is worthless, pvp is dying because everyone is either pve fairies living in their own little fantasy world or there is no real incentive to it besides elo which most people don't even value anymore.

I think your pretty spot on with this one. I used to care a lot about being in money top as it was a nice goal to set for myself but now I see no point. I understand that it's not exactly pay-to-win in most terms but it certainly feels like it. I also understand that Kainzo needs money and that a tip jar provides a strong incentive to buy a boost but I honestly don't like the destruction of the economy because of it. This problem was here before tip jar with the selling of crate keys as well but it was certainly less severe than it is now. In conclusion I'm strongly for taking out the tip jar all together.

Super593

Glowstone
PVE:

PVP:

Economy:

LITERALLY almost everything I believe about the server rn.

PVP Is KEKED and done besides the two major forces that are a bleh. PVE is great, and the economy truly is fucked.

I know this as someone who bought boosts [TWICE] and got a large amount of money, I felt it was genuinley unfair that I was able to amass money so easily without even working and KEK everyone else who is usually stuck at 100s. You can barely make money these days off actually selling anything either. Now is what I dub the Boost Economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.