• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Looting from spawn plot considered legal - Really?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Alright... Here goes
I apparently got looted by an ex-Sentinel member who joined EnchantedHollow... When I visited my spawn plot to drop off a rare item, all the dirt covering the chests are gone, and all my valuables are gone, looted, shit tons of diamonds and badges earned by myself...

The Admins claimed that this is legal... Really? Well let me give you some examples of people getting banned from region abuse:

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/guexs-ban-appeal.43678/#post-354258
- Banned for stealing from town members and region abuse...
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/thomas_nydans-ban-appeal.43681/#post-354181
-Banned for stealing from town members...
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/sirdemonic3-ban-apeal.37794/#post-315928
-Banned for stealing from townies...

These people who got banned due to region abuse were from 'malicious intent'... Looking from what happened to me, there also was malicious intent behind the looting...

Basing from these ban appeals for region abuse/stealing from town members, the ex-member should get banned for region abuse... And griefing, since he never replaced the dirt blocks that covered my chests...

RagingDragon5

Portal
- If you add someone to your noble plot region, we are not responsible for theft or griefs. This is a risk you take.

There was a rule about this. So what happened to you is Legal. However, I think there should be a rule change to this. It should be treated as Region Abuse. And region abuse should be the same no matter where it happened.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
This rule has been in place for a long time. Every single map it has been legal to steal from noble plots. We have stated every map that dirt over chests is not considered protection and you are responsible if you add someone to your regions. Trust no one, use LWCs.

In terms of townships: I don't know who suddenly decided it was ok to ban for regular town theft. The only time we banned for it was intent to join a town to steal, excessive abuse of township rules etc. The wiki has been updated to clarify.

What people don't realize is that most cases are dealt with one by one. Sometimes we can rule one way or the other depending on circumstances and other factors. There are lots of factors that regular players don't see when we make the decisions that we do. We have hundreds of pages of player warning records, testimonials, and thousands of pages of logs. Sometimes past issues that have been noted are taken into account as well. There are a lot of things going on. But... if it seems clear cut, we will always side with the written law.

The duty is on YOU to help prove that it was malicious intent in YOUR particular case. You cannot bring up situations and bans that you weren't involved in, nor know anything about at all. A lot of things can be misinterpreted. And we are much more receptive to investigating your issues in private chat rather than broadcasted to the entire forum.

People always love the ability to steal and like the rules saying you can steal... that is, until it happens to them, then its righteous indignation and "the rules should be changed!"

We aren't here to make your life miserable, or make your experience terrible. The staff is here to make judgement calls and not everyone will agree with every ruling we make. And that's ok! You are free to discuss your experience with us at anytime. However, I do not see this rule changing, and that is for a number of reasons. We are not here to hold your hand and make everything super safe. There has always been an element of risk, that's why the server is considered 'hardcore'. The duty is on you to protect yourself, and your items.

EDIT: Also even if we banned the offender, we couldn't get your items back anyways D:

Last edited:

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The lowest of low, glad you are no longer part of the family.

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
Alright... Here goes
I apparently got looted by an ex-Sentinel member who joined EnchantedHollow... When I visited my spawn plot to drop off a rare item, all the dirt covering the chests are gone, and all my valuables are gone, looted, shit tons of diamonds and badges earned by myself...

The Admins claimed that this is legal... Really? Well let me give you some examples of people getting banned from region abuse:

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/guexs-ban-appeal.43678/#post-354258
- Banned for stealing from town members and region abuse...
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/thomas_nydans-ban-appeal.43681/#post-354181
-Banned for stealing from town members...
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/sirdemonic3-ban-apeal.37794/#post-315928
-Banned for stealing from townies...

These people who got banned due to region abuse were from 'malicious intent'... Looking from what happened to me, there also was malicious intent behind the looting...

Basing from these ban appeals for region abuse/stealing from town members, the ex-member should get banned for region abuse... And griefing, since he never replaced the dirt blocks that covered my chests...
STOP BITCHING

Xhazed

Portal
Pretty sure most people would have done what ruger did myself included. You guys do it aswell kind of, by asking for tax money if taxes are not working so yea.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
In regards to
Pretty sure most people would have done what ruger did myself included.

To steal from people that thought you as a of a friend barely a few days ago, is low. I guess what you mean to say is that you have no honor. To break a "friend's" trust maliciously like that is just wrong. Now I'll be the first to say that kenster is not the most loved player on the server, but god dammit does he try. Nobody should have their trust betrayed like that.

You guys do it aswell kind of, by asking for tax money if taxes are not working so yea.

That does not even equate in the slightest...

All tax money collected by Volantis is directly deposited to the town bank by each member. Not only will this fund taxes for the plugin when it is fixed, but it also adds to the amount we need to reach Capitol status. So yea.

Xhazed

Portal
In regards to

To steal from people that thought you as a of a friend barely a few days ago, is low. I guess what you mean to say is that you have no honor. To break a "friend's" trust maliciously like that is just wrong. Now I'll be the first to say that kenster is not the most loved player on the server, but god dammit does he try. Nobody should have their trust betrayed like that.

That does not even equate in the slightest...

All tax money collected by Volantis is directly deposited to the town bank by each member. Not only will this fund taxes for the plugin when it is fixed, but it also adds to the amount we need to reach Capitol status. So yea.
Then why not say it is just for the capital status, and yea i am willing to break a "friends HONOR" over a game..... Its just a game so yea except to @xMJay he is my bae so is @JupiterRome ( he merked me hard)
So yea sorry bye pls DONT HURT ME NO MORE

whitayy

Soulsand
That's what happened to me and @boxter123g but we opened a chest and lots of people swarmed in, it was our mistake, but i know how you feel ken

RagingDragon5

Portal
Then why not say it is just for the capital status, and yea i am willing to break a "friends HONOR" over a game..... Its just a game so yea except to @xMJay he is my bae so is @JupiterRome ( he merked me hard)
So yea sorry bye pls DONT HURT ME NO MORE

Yes, it's a game. However, how your character acts in game is how you would act in real life if you had the ability to without consequences. That shows that the person is untrusthworthy in real life as well. However, morals/ethics means nothing to some people.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Why exactly did he leave? sorry for going off topic

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
@Xanipher I understand what you are saying, however, I feel this applies to stealing small amounts of items. This was a matter of him being added to regions, leaving the town, then kicking out his roommate and cleaning out his neighbor. That's just sketchy as shit.

Xhazed

Portal
Yes, it's a game. However, how your character acts in game is how you would act in real life if you had the ability to without consequences. That shows that the person is untrusthworthy in real life as well. However, morals/ethics means nothing to some people.
LOL "yea thats how i am in real life for sure" the " are there to show where my sarcasm is being used soo yea

RagingDragon5

Portal
While I agree with the people saying what he did was wrong, this is not how a rule change should be suggested. It should be as non-biased as possible, and should have reasons why the rule needs to be changed. Here are some reasons and counter arguements why I think the rule should be changed.
  • Stealing from Townships and Personal Regions is stated as region abuse. This should be no different. Region abuse is region abuse no matter where you are.
  • "Use LWCs to protect your chests, covering them with dirt blocks is not protecting them." Honestly sometimes a dirt block is the best someone can do for their vauluables, unless they have thousands of souls to make multiple LWCs since it would be near to impossible to put all of one's vauluables in a single double chest.
    • This server isn't Pay2Win, but the people who donate to the server has a way higher advantage then normal players since they get free and cheaper LWCs.
  • "Don't add people you don't trust." Well of course that's an obvious. Nobody adds players who they just met. They add players who helped them out in pvps. They add people who help support their town. They add people that they have been comrades with them for a long time. They add people who they truly believe is trustworthy. It's impossible to trust someone 100%, but we try to trust them anyway. basically all the comment says is basically don't add anyone to your regions. Become a Lone Wolf on this server.
    • The people we trust are the ones who betray us. Example with the old Mith, someone sold their town and everyone inside their town lost all their stuff. I think it also happened with Thunderbluff or EnchantedHollow or something.
    • Kind of off topic but not. Mayors can just kick people out of their town and steal all of their stuff, but when a regular townmate steals they get in trouble. That shouldn't be allowed.
  • Region Abuse, should be the same for all Regions.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1. These people who got banned due to region abuse were from 'malicious intent'... Looking from what happened to me, there also was malicious intent behind the looting...

2. Basing from these ban appeals for region abuse/stealing from town members, the ex-member should get banned for region abuse...
3. And griefing, since he never replaced the dirt blocks that covered my chests...
1. The people who got banned due to region abuse were banned because "Malicious Intent to Steal from Your Town" is clearly against the rules. "Malicious Intent to Steal from Friends" is NOT a rule. Why did the player have access to your plot?

2. Towns are considered a staple of the Group playstyle on Herocraft, and as such we need rules that foster trust within a town. There is no such need for a rule regarding noble plots.

3. If you actually wanted them to get in trouble, what you should have done is calmly report the theft to Upper Staff, then explain that you understand stealing is not against the rules, then explain that you desire them to be punished to the extent the Upper Staff finds appropriate for not blocking up your chests, that IS illegal to not replace dirt after breaking within a build.
It's too late now though, everyone is distracted by o chat rant and this thread.

sucks you got cleaned out m8

RagingDragon5

Portal
2. Towns are considered a staple of the Group playstyle on Herocraft, and as such we need rules that foster trust within a town. There is no such need for a rule regarding noble plots.

Mayors can kick people with Malicious Intent and still not get in trouble.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
You MUST actually believe this, you're so professional and nice all the time.

It's a game, and as long as you recognize it as such, your brain will provide you with a very different set of incentives and logic paths than real life.

Nothing about stealing in a game makes you untrustworthy in real life, it just makes you a "Self Motivated Video Game Player" and we are all that<, because playing video games is one of the most selfish activities since masturbating.

Status
Not open for further replies.