• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Looting from spawn plot considered legal - Really?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevinryal

Glowstone
Note: For those of you who aren't up for long posts, you've been warned. Also, prepare your tldr's. (You're going to need them)

I don't know about all the different aspects or concerns. I don't know what direction staff should take or whether it is even their concern to gives a rats about the decision some people make in regards to who they give access to, why or when. I agree with what dsaw said primarily that this has degraded down to o chat ranting/running gag lvl and will most likely never be resolved.

I don't know what the best course of action really is, or what to think of staff for their actions or inactions in regards to this matter. Honestly, I've only known ken for a short time but in that time have never seen any reason that he would deserve this to happen to them. He's always been helpful, polite, and an easy player to get along with so why anyone would feel it was right to do this to him is beyond me.

Honestly, I don't know what is more disappointing, the fact that Ruger totally item raped him for well, essentially nothing. Or that staff is totally okay with this behavior, direct rule violation or not. Maybe you guys have a gun to your heads? Maybe there really is nothing more than to say, thanks for participating on our server. We heard that an active contributing player got done totally wrong but hey. Check out them loot crates! :p

I do see the point in ken trying to restate a precedent case, or 3 rather. The point is to paint an image on how areas in this grey list went in the past.

The thing is maybe Ken isn't the most articulate person, or maybe Angy and Danda spent more time concerned with the person who obviously got screwed hardcore and they were more geared in spending time getting some sort of justice. Danda didn't HAVE to ban the offender but he did. Not permanently, but until the items could be arranged to be returned.

In the first ban, Danda steps up to the plate and compromises. In the second case, Danda steps up again, starts to point the finger based on the evidence, and EVEN THEN gives the perp the fair chance to defend his actions. Ultimately the guy seems to have lied but at least the effort was put in. You can argue semantics but Danda makes it clear that 3.3.1 You may not steal from fellow town members.

Ruger was a member of sentinel for quite some time and ken welcomed everyone from town to enjoy what he had. The majority of people invited were in fact from Sentinel and I don't believe for even a moment that if Ken knew he was going to get robbed he would have invited Ruger in the first place.

In the third and final post, it clearly shows Danda stepping up and punishing SirDemonic regardless of whatever was said or not said based on the items, that were removed from the chests not being put in directly by him. The kid was banned for 2 weeks, and I don't recall it being an issue since.

Honestly, these posts no matter how you CHOOSE to interpret them show that Danda, as a staff member showed GENUINE INTEREST in the issue at hand. I believe that Kenster does deserve some sort of action if not to cut and dry obey the rules than at the very least to discourage this type of behavior in an already questionable server state. Do we honestly need to ask if what happened with his plot was wrong? Seriously?

In the end, I'm not staff and you have free reign over whatever does or does not happen. All I see is a player of this server done wrong, someone who spent the time and effort to actually obtain a plot, try to have fun with people who should have been friends and then get screwed publicly. If nothing is done about this I have to assume that Staff are more concerned with Ruger, don't mind if this behavior continues, or simply just don't care. And don't worry, there's nothing we can do about that if so. (Sorry Ken) But at one point, just looking at those posts, Danda might have. =(

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
...but wasn't there way to remove that person's perms so that they couldn't get into the plot?
You have to petition to add or remove members. It's very unfortunate because if you have a fall out with someone, you have to wait untill an admin is online to remove them, meanwhile your valuables are vulnerable.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
[quote="Yavool, post: 411180, member: 56796"...but wasn't there way to remove that person's perms so that they couldn't get into the plot?
You have to petition to add or remove members. It's very unfortunate because if you have a fall out with someone, you have to wait untill an admin is online to remove them, meanwhile your valuables are vulnerable.[/quote]
That's why within my first week of being back i got my own spawn plot, haven't added a single person and never will.

Just safer that way :/

EDIT: Are quotes not working?

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Note: For those of you who aren't up for long posts, you've been warned. Also, prepare your tldr's. (You're going to need them)(
Ken hasn't come to staff and asked. He closed his own petition and started an inflammatory thread and ranting in o-chat. As I have said, if he wanted us to take him seriously he should follow the proper steps. Basically what your post is saying is that the current Admins don't care. If you haven't noticed, we do care, and Yeti and I have been working our butts off to make people happy. This is why I don't deal with punishments and the like anymore. No matter how hard you try, no matter what you do, it's never good enough! You have no idea the amount of work we do behind the scenes, how much we work with other users in private. As they say the unhappy crazy people are the loudest, and the success stories hardly ever get told.

Danda was also wrong about that rule, as per Kainzo. It's considered the realm of player politics and was never meant to be an infraction offense.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Give players the ability to add/remove people from their noble plots then. By the time the petition gets answered to remove someone it will be too late. If a player have to wait for an Admin to come online, then punishing region abuse should be more important then.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Give players the ability to add/remove people from their noble plots then. By the time the petition gets answered to remove someone it will be too late. If a player have to wait for an Admin to come online, then punishing region abuse should be more important then.
They do have that ability. We switched most of the plots to the SRM plugin. But the user has to be present for us to make the change over. Most plots are using it now.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
I actually closed my own petition because I've been informed by a AD member that some admin layed his/her hands down saying "it is legal"...

And my purpose of initially creating the petition was to know whether this was region abuse or not and if action should be taken to the perpetrator... Since I've been informed that an admin said it was legal, I closed my own petition, since I somewhat found it to be unnecessary if such admin said it was legal...

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
I actually closed my own petition because I've been informed by a AD member that some admin layed his/her hands down saying "it is legal"...

And my purpose of initially creating the petition was to know whether this was region abuse or not and if action should be taken to the perpetrator... Since I've been informed that an admin said it was legal, I closed my own petition, since I somewhat found it to be unnecessary if such admin said it was legal...

"By an AD member" don't trust people unless they're in a position of authority and verified knowledge (by a staff position).
Your fault for closing the PE

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
My point was general - petition system is there to ask, no matter what the issue, i know for certain I'd never go off of someone's word for any matter that I'm uncertain about

Ruger392

Obsidian
Hai guys!

@Nevinryal Ken never invited me to the town and I was the one who recruited not him (Just clearing that up)

Hey Kenster and I know the rules, He knew I left ad, He new I still had perms. I have list full of numerous people that knew what were going to happen. Free items ? eh why not Im not playing the game nor do I hate @kenster1092 Im just playing the game, you folks are just taking this awfully serious. Heck even kesnter (from what im hearing and seeing) isnt reacting the way some of you are.

I consider myself still friends of kesnter and friends of his friends. So comments like the one below me needs to go.
Here's how I see it. @Ruger392 is a bitch, and bitches be trifling. It's fine, Ruger is now a marked player. I mark thee Ruger a pussy, and, as stated many times before, I am a dick, so be lookin to get fucked. glhf

Im simply just playing the game ponyboy.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Hai guys!

@Nevinryal Ken never invited me to the town and I was the one who recruited not him (Just clearing that up)

Hey Kenster and I know the rules, He knew I left ad, He new I still had perms. I have list full of numerous people that knew what were going to happen. Free items ? eh why not Im not playing the game nor do I hate @kenster1092 Im just playing the game, you folks are just taking this awfully serious. Heck even kesnter (from what im hearing and seeing) isnt reacting the way some of you are.

I consider myself still friends of kesnter and friends of his friends. So comments like the one below me needs to go.

Im simply just playing the game ponyboy.
Look here, ain't nobody ask you. Now go play house or doctor or whatever you do with you bitch boys. Let me introduce myself, I am Le w0nd3r, and you are nobody. The sooner you learn this, the better off you will be.

Ruger392

Obsidian
When will they learn? Don't respond to me, you will always make yourself look foolish. It's best to just take it in and internalize it. Have a fantastic day.
How am I foolish. Im just advising you shouldn't comment vulgar posts on a thread that doesn't involve you really.

If anything your the one looking foolish.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
@kenster1092 the stealing from townie rule only applies if its in towns region I belive, idk why your all so butthurt about this I laughed when all my shit got taken XD and now I joke about it with some ad memebers cuz their the ones who stole it due to me loaning something to a nub and him not covering chest, being a good person ultimately makes you loose stuff on hc when it comes to nubs ( with me) @kenster1092 your town did this to me and I didn't qq suck it the fuck up and go get more shit?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
They do have that ability. We switched most of the plots to the SRM plugin. But the user has to be present for us to make the change over. Most plots are using it now.
Not taking any sides here but last time I checked this was broken and people couldn't modify the srm regions even if they were owner. (If this was fixed then ignore this :p )

Unless anyone can verify you can. /srm

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
@kenster1092 the stealing from townie rule only applies if its in towns region I belive, idk why your all so butthurt about this I laughed when all my shit got taken XD and now I joke about it with some ad memebers cuz their the ones who stole it due to me loaning something to a nub and him not covering chest, being a good person ultimately makes you loose stuff on hc when it comes to nubs ( with me) @kenster1092 your town did this to me and I didn't qq suck it the fuck up and go get more shit?

I don't think you are quite grasping the idea here. This has nothing to do with other towns stealing from other towns. That is perfectly legal and happens all the time.

This post is/was in regards to possible region abuse. Ruger was previously part of AD and then left. After his departure he was still on some "townie*" regions and looted them dry.

*By "townie," I don't explicitly mean a town region. You know what I mean.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
At the end of the day, theft on something you would not regularly have access to should be illegal, end of story. If someone leaves chests open to the public, then yes, this is the responsibility of the owner. However, if I invite someone into my home and they rob me blind, this does not excuse them from fault. This rule needs to be changed. Also if dirt is not a viable means of security, then why allow it to protect cheats? I break into towns all the time, but walk out with very little valuables due to dirt over chests. But, I don't have regions, so I can't get into them. So instead of rewarding someone for infiltrating regions, reward the person who has the ability to break the blocks. This is broken and it should be obvious to all.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Not taking any sides here but last time I checked this was broken and people couldn't modify the srm regions even if they were owner. (If this was fixed then ignore this :p )

Unless anyone can verify you can. /srm
It works fairly well now, a lot has been fixed. Besides, any issues that arise from a plugin bugs are treated differently. I don't fault the players for that sort of thing haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.