• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Kingdom] Legion of Oblivion [Neutral]

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This spirit of the Legion of Oblivion,
These are the guidelines we expect the members to follow in each of the LO cities. These simple guidelines reduce stress on the playerbase and produce a more fluid and fun time for the members of LO as well as the server in general.​
As a member of LO you are expected to follow these guidelines at all times. If these guidelines do not match your beliefs or play styles there will be no hard feelings if you are to leave LO to find a home more suited to your play style. In the case that these guidelines are broken by members of LO there will be consequences ranging from fines to removal from the Kingdom.​
Be a good sport.
  • Be respectful after PvP. Don’t taunt other players when they lose. On the same token, nobody likes a sore loser. Be the stronger person by being polite and friendly, even if other players are trying to taunt you. A 'good fight' can go a long way.
  • Encourage new players so we build a stronger community. Consider putting their stuff in a chest and let them know you’ve done this. Teach people instead of laughing at them. Encourage them to keep trying.
  • Don’t accuse players of cheating or using hacks if you lose against them. Instead, gather evidence and report it.
  • No underhand tactics like using TS to force an opponent out of their MC client. If other players use underhand tactics against you, don’t stoop to their level.
  • No scamming players by trading and then killing them, or by buying severely under-priced goods from someone who doesn’t know better.
Play with your team, not against it.
  • No killing other LO members in anger nor ignorance.
  • If you don’t know another player check their town before engaging in PvP. If you find out they’re a new LO recruit (not yet on Town regions), give them their stuff back.
  • No payback killings among LO members. Killing the same person twice is not an “accident”.
  • Messing around is understandable, but when it comes to the point where people are dying, it needs to stop (for example, when melon fights escalate too swords and spells). That in no way gives new members a good sense of kingdom unity.
  • No killing fellow LO members for a bounty.
Play nice.
  • Don’t be a troll. Teasing and joking are fine in principle, but if the other person finds it offensive, it stops.
  • No abusive talk or excessive swearing in TS or ingame chat toward other LO members, server staff, or anyone at all in public channels.
  • Use the right TS channel for your activities. If you're heading out raiding with a team, or if you’re there for quiet chat, move to an appropriate channel with your group.
Respect the server rules, but more than that, respect the SPIRIT of the rules.
  • Pushing boundaries is fine, but doing things that go against the spirit of the rules, even if it hasn't been banned yet, is not acceptable.
  • No glitching, no using enderpearls to pass through solid blocks, no “abusing the server mechanics” and so on.
  • No using hacks or alt accounts.

A

alexhoff1

This spirit of the Legion of Oblivion,
These are the guidelines we expect the members to follow in each of the LO cities. These simple guidelines reduce stress on the playerbase and produce a more fluid and fun time for the members of LO as well as the server in general.​
As a member of LO you are expected to follow these guidelines at all times. If these guidelines do not match your beliefs or play styles there will be no hard feelings if you are to leave LO to find a home more suited to your play style. In the case that these guidelines are broken by members of LO there will be consequences ranging from fines to removal from the Kingdom.​
Be a good sport.
  • Be respectful after PvP. Don’t taunt other players when they lose. On the same token, nobody likes a sore loser. Be the stronger person by being polite and friendly, even if other players are trying to taunt you. A 'good fight' can go a long way.
  • Encourage new players so we build a stronger community. Consider putting their stuff in a chest and let them know you’ve done this. Teach people instead of laughing at them. Encourage them to keep trying.
  • Don’t accuse players of cheating or using hacks if you lose against them. Instead, gather evidence and report it.
  • No underhand tactics like using TS to force an opponent out of their MC client. If other players use underhand tactics against you, don’t stoop to their level.
  • No scamming players by trading and then killing them, or by buying severely under-priced goods from someone who doesn’t know better.
Play with your team, not against it.

• No killing other LO members in anger nor ignorance.
  • If you don’t know another player check their town before engaging in PvP. If you find out they’re a new LO recruit (not yet on Town regions), give them their stuff back.
  • No payback killings among LO members. Killing the same person twice is not an “accident”.
  • Messing around is understandable, but when it comes to the point where people are dying, it needs to stop (for example, when melon fights escalate too swords and spells). That in no way gives new members a good sense of kingdom unity.
  • No killing fellow LO members for a bounty.
Play nice.

• Don’t be a troll. Teasing and joking are fine in principle, but if the other person finds it offensive, it stops.
  • No abusive talk or excessive swearing in TS or ingame chat toward other LO members, server staff, or anyone at all in public channels.
  • Use the right TS channel for your activities. If you're heading out raiding with a team, or if you’re there for quiet chat, move to an appropriate channel with your group.
Respect the server rules, but more than that, respect the SPIRIT of the rules.

• Pushing boundaries is fine, but doing things that go against the spirit of the rules, even if it hasn't been banned yet, is not acceptable.
  • No glitching, no using enderpearls to pass through solid blocks, no “abusing the server mechanics” and so on.
  • No using hacks or alt accounts.

@Newerth should make a list of rules with half of these, the server would be a better place.
Also, you should include punishments :p

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
@Newerth should make a list of rules with half of these, the server would be a better place.
Also, you should include punishments :p
Well thanks for the tips alexhoff! make sure to tell me specific incidents of when my townies are being disrespectful instead of complaining in random threads :)

Warmachinexp

Legacy Supporter 3
Well thanks for the tips alexhoff! make sure to tell me specific incidents of when my townies are being disrespectful instead of complaining in random threads :)

Sorry in advance for posting it here, Gratz on Kingdom btw :p

Sirdemonic3

gHyUe29.png

XVf620l.png

1DLTmkn.png

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7

Sure, they never are disrespectful.

2013-03-08_162001_zpseead038b.png

I guess we did just kill him, but he was okay with Newerth killing us and getting our stuff. I guess Xexorian's stuff is just more important than ours. Hypocrite much?

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
see thats shit we can deal with, random @newerth does nothing. i cant know what all my townies are up too all the time unless people tell me about it

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Why are we bringing up Newerth in the LO Kingdom thread and getting it off-topic. gj alex, now stop.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Why are we bringing up Newerth in the LO Kingdom thread and getting it off-topic. gj alex, now stop.
I... I don't even....

Anyways... I'll keep the stuff around for now. I'm getting sick amusement out of it.
"this is just as bad as LO or TC" ( xexorian ) was the only relevant thing I saw in all of those (also, ouch!).

A

alexhoff1

I... I don't even....

Anyways... I'll keep the stuff around for now. I'm getting sick amusement out of it.
"this is just as bad as LO or TC" ( xexorian ) was the only relevant thing I saw in all of those (also, ouch!).

:L

I found it quite funny when I first saw it, also, what did you "don't even.." ? :L

+, nice rules, add the punishments in though. PUNISHMENTS!

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I... I don't even....

leave me alone!!

This kind of leave me alone.

STOP FLIPPIN MAH SWITCH, KAY?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I was talking to Acherous and a few others about my weekend when this guy came (Appearently from LO)

8OQQh76.png

Then, later that night, I pulled a joke in OT and the same guy w/ companion strikes again!

R4wHZr9.png

and
B6065wb.png

Your rules sure are well enforced in your Kingdom!

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I understand your dismay Etkenn, but I am sure you understand that firstly change is a process. It's not a magic button, but a gameplan with a clear goal. Secondly although Dismays did lose it in O chat, you were pushing for a reaction. Which I think means that you were not dismayed by the situation and that you actually were happy with it.

Moving forward through this process you are welcome to post issues you have and it will be taken under consideration with the council.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I didn't really want to say anything but the main reason I haven't enforced those exact same rules (almost word for word) is because you can't control *everyone* in your kingdom, and there are bound to be problems. This is both the cause and downfall of my tyrannical rule on the last map.

From one Unofficial King to another King, Allow me to elaborate why OS doesn't use this officially:
I stopped enforcing almost all of our 'kingdom' rules, because like I said, I can't make people do this:
  • Be respectful after PvP. Don’t taunt... -- yeah no, everyone does this.
  • Encourage new players so we build a stronger community -- I buy people LWC's and specs ALL the time, and I give away free apartment-sized plots and give people tips when they join.
  • Don’t accuse players of cheating or using hacks if you lose against them -- I've done it, you've done it. Everyone's done this.
  • No underhand tactics like using TS to force an opponent out of their MC client. If other players use underhand tactics against you, don’t stoop to their level. -- fuck that, remember when Herocraft got DDoS'd how many people wanted to 'stoop to their level' ?? Almost the entire server is vengeful, as a community, this will never change. You pull some immature shit like this and you will risk a ban from herocraft, after they do it to you too.
  • No scamming players by trading and then killing them, or by buying severely under-priced goods from someone who doesn’t know better. -- Everyone would obviously do this to take advantage of other people. This is widely accepted as commonplace, no one 'CARES' you fucked up. They'll rob you blind. Jonsoon had a huge supply of 'rare goods' last map and two of my best friends bought all of his out then sold to me for extreme prices.. regardless of the scam, and proof of it happening (perhaps not on jonsoon's part but theirs (bingy, and one other)).. I was not refunded my coin and I even burned the items infront of an admin who said I would be if I destroyed them. It was a huge mess and cost us kingdom on last map.

• No killing other LO members in anger nor ignorance. -- People are uncontrollable when you're offline, and you can't know the truth of either side without taking assumptions after talking to everyone.
  • If you don’t know another player check their town before engaging in PvP. If you find out they’re a new LO recruit (not yet on Town regions), give them their stuff back. -- Understandable, but i've had difficulty enforcing this rule due to the whole attitude that 'They owe me, they attacked me first" "Nuh uh, he attacked me blind!" back and forth bickering. Remember the age limit is 13.
  • No payback killings among LO members. Killing the same person twice is not an “accident”. -- Remember that whole revenge thing? Yeah. Good Luck!
  • Messing around is understandable, but when it comes to the point where people are dying, it needs to stop (for example, when melon fights escalate too swords and spells). That in no way gives new members a good sense of kingdom unity. -- I try to enforce this constantly and I'm always having to chew at my peers and other citizens for this one...
  • No killing fellow LO members for a bounty. -- I'm not sure if this one is against the rules or not, I do know that I tell people to use arena or duels but as far as I know, you can kill your townies in a fair duel. The last spawns had arena cages where two would enter, one would leave.. Brutal's let me claim bounties on my own cits before but he watched us fight fairly.

• Don’t be a troll. Teasing and joking are fine in principle, but if the other person finds it offensive, it stops. -- People take it way, way overboard ALL the time and won't stop until I've started yelling at them or banned them from chats.
  • No abusive talk or excessive swearing in TS or ingame chat toward other LO members, server staff, or anyone at all in public channels. -- HAHAHAAhahahhahahahahhahahahahaha fuck that.
  • Use the right TS channel for your activities. If you're heading out raiding with a team, or if you’re there for quiet chat, move to an appropriate channel with your group. -- Pointless unless you have highly moderate-able sub channels in your TS3 channels. I don't. I can only kick, not ban, baddies.

• Pushing boundaries is fine, but doing things that go against the spirit of the rules, even if it hasn't been banned yet, is not acceptable. -- Hello ZEAL!! (and every map since then..)
  • No glitching, no using enderpearls to pass through solid blocks, no “abusing the server mechanics” and so on. -- I think almost everything you mentioned here is 'legal'. Even with video evidence we were unable to get several people abusing lifts and other mechanics banned. Now my township is insecure because of it and many people have recalls into our primary living areas.
  • No using hacks or alt accounts. -Obviously against server rules, and alt accounts are allowed by certain people, as I understand it as long as staff knows it's okay. (so that when they ban you, they ban all instances of you)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
cut, snip cut

I understand that the above as rules are not enforceable en mass, which is why we are going to address these as guidelines.
Members will learn very quickly that this is the direction we want our Kingdom to take and that this is the setup we will be judging by. As time goes on the members that are consistently not following these guidelines will be let go from the Kingdom and allowed into a city that will match with their play style.

Xexorian, I am sure you know your members well enough to know that some would not follow 90% of the above and some would have a hard time following 50% of the above and yet some will have little to no problems with any of it. If a members playstyle is 50-90% different then what you want in your town then that member is not a good match and should find a town that won't get in their way.

We are not going to start kicking every player for every little offense as you said it's just impossible to create rules like these, but what we will be doing is watching the players and when we are finding players that are not a good match for us we will be letting them go.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I feel that you should always encourage good behavior, but it is difficult to enforce. If I were to run a town, i'd let people do whatever they like, provided that it is legal. There would be town rules, but there would not be many. Just things like ''Don't attack eachother, don't build within the region without permission.. blah blah''.

This is not to justify people doing bad/stupid/retarded things. If someone IS behaving badly, and it became an issue, then yes, I would either talk to them about it or punish them for it. Like, if someone went around calling people ''n00b fagz'', or kept on breaking town rules.

Adopting strict, precise and lengthy town/kingdom rules, like the ones Leftovers has suggested, is a dodgy thing, especially when you have so many citizens. It is hard to control such a large crowd of people.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff

For once (jokingly! :)), I completely agree with you MajorasMask... and to you Eldrylars I wish the best of luck to you and leftovers5 managing these new kingdom rules. Infact, I encourage them as well. I would prefer to foster a better community within herocraft and guide people to a peaceful era such as one that Sanctum had held for many. (in my eyes, ofcourse)

OS has a similar state of mind, afterall. Keep it classy! ಠ_ರೃ
-xexorian