• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Archeology [The Lore Project]

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
If you want politics, join XD. I spend half my time on the forums responding to one conversation or another. And for more creativity in townships, since there is so little space, build up!

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I see what you did there.

I think the biggest issue is how challenging it is to make towns nowadays. They are small, expensive... Really, the only advantage of a town is protection. And if that's the only purpose, you really only use it to store items, and maybe go on group expeditions/raids every so often. So you become disassociated with the town, and the town falls apart.

In my opinion, what made the age of sanctum great was the massive creativity that went into the towns. Back then the PvP was actually fun, not because of the PvP aspect, but because diplomacy actually served a purpose.

I also think heroes contributed a small bit. I love heroes, but it seems as if Herocraft is PvP oriented, instead of well-rounded PvP, diplomacy, creativity.
Heroes drastically changed the gameplay the server sees. I don't think towns are the same as they were in past maps. Part of it may be due to how difficult it is for such a small reward, but I think it's mostly the change in pvp that's doing it. I like that kingdoms are nigh unobtainable now, but I dislike the reasons they are difficult to obtain. Players have no incentive to make towns other than regions, which in itself isn't much of a reward. Another thing to note, is how most towns are not recruiting. Since mayors/donors lost regions, it's far too risky to let players join, especially when the penalty for being a tool is so incredibly low.

That said, I think this would be better crammed into a "We're whining about how things have changed" thread before kain tells us to stop whining about how things have changed.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
Well said.

Actually on the thought of creating a thread (I'm crazy, you should know), would you think it would be worthwhile to focus on ways to change the current system to improve, rather than just contemplation?

Joka10

Soulsand
Suggesting the removal of Heroes is not gonna help much. Removing something so deeply rooted in the server would probably kill it. A large portion of the current audience is here for heroes pvp. Cutting out heroes to get back to the way things were would ostracize a huge portion of the community before a new one based on the new way could form. That probably wouldn't end well. At this point, there's not really a way to revert to how stuff was in Sanctum completely. The best route would be to attempt to reintegrate diplomacy and creativity into the server in such a way that it could coexist with heroes. ...That was probably obvious... How to do it? I have no idea. I don't know what Sanctum had that you want back. At least, not specifically enough to have any ideas of what to do. I say you make a thread stating your desires and request assistance from others in a way to get those desires fulfilled. ...Also probably obvious... Another thing you could try to do is set a trend by using diplomacy and creativity. There may be ways to use them already that noone's found yet. You might not need to change anything at all; just show people what you're doing, and show 'em that it works. Once again, forgive the no-formatting and possible double post. 3DS is a bad thing to use on a web forum.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
No not removing heroes, I love heroes! I just think it could be improved upon. It's already happened once.

Joka10

Soulsand
So...

The history thing kinda got some support there... anything gonna happen with it?

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
I hope so. The problem is, Alator has been around the longest, and he's suddenly inactive.

Joka10

Soulsand
It doesn't have to be done by someone who's been around a long time. One person's memories wouldn't really help too much. Someone just needs to research.

Joka10

Soulsand
Hmm... I guess if noone else is interested in taking on the task of recording all the stuff, then... I could attempt it, I guess. I'd need permission, then a thread, then helpers, then cooperation, then time... I don't have too much going on currently, but, though I'm not really a newbie at this point, I haven't played nearly as long as others, so I don't even have my own memories to start with. I'm certainly not the best person to do this, but I think it should be done, and since noone else wants to, I guess I'll try. So... I guess I should ask permission... so... uh... may I kick off the history thingy? "No" is a happily accepted answer, but "No, I, so-and-so, would rather do it" would be met with joy. Although, if the answer's yes, then that's okay too. After all, what stands to be lost for me from doing it?

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
I think hes working on his secret project... or just busy with school and stuff

Joka10

Soulsand
I dunno what you mean by inactive (completely not here or just not working), but I've seen him post in the past few days

Aetosion

Obsidian
I'd love to do some research for lore. I do that anyways.

I know Sanctum politics and events better than many who played there. I joined in Zeal.

I've been working on the Erebos Lore at the moment, along with balance team, but I'd love to take on a new project.