• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Archeology [The Lore Project]

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
If you're intrested in The Lore Project, hit me up. Think of me as the crippled old Loremaster who rarely shows his face in game. @Alator (who is currently MIA) and I are the masterminds behind this entire project. As far as a legit history, let me say that I'd rather rewrite a new one than record the current one.

Either way, I'm glad people are taking interest
And I'm that guy that's just kinda there! :D

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
I like the idea. My biggest memory was the of the ORE-KOE war... happened not long after I joined.

If I remember correctly (I was newbie then, so my details could very easily be wrong), Seagate was intended to be for ORE, but the leader fell inactive and control shifted to strong. ORE lost the war, but Seagate survived, and even allied with a KOE city (can't remember the name, Applelove was Queen).

Joka10

Soulsand
Well yeah, there's a lot more freedom to add really cool stuff in a fabricated history. However, from what I can tell, a lot of pretty cool stuff has happened in the real history of this server. As the actual content goes, none of it is as awesome as airship battles. However, the fact that it's deeply rooted in fact is what makes it amazing. If stuff's happened that would be even remotely fun to read about, then it should be read about. That's not an oppurtunity to miss, really. Fabricated history and real history can be combined, too. The real happenings in Sanctum and Zeal could easily be incorporated into the fictional overviews that have been written about them. Made-up events like the various fan fictions could be inserted in, too. It can all coexist. Epicness in fiction is great, but epicness in reality is really good too. Not a big Avatar fan, but I have use for it in an example. Seeing Pandora in theatres is pretty cool, but if you could see Pandora in the news, wouldn't that be better? Some of the stuff that has happened here is stuff that people would invent in stories. It's epic (though not as much as some stuff), but it's also real. I just think that's really cool. As for the lore project, I guess I'd maybe be interested in the future, but I'm too busy right now. I'll just read what you guys write for the time being. Sorry for lack of paragraphs. Mobile devices no likey da formatting.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
ORE and KOE went to war? If you're talking about the KoE+NRoA(NATO2) v ORE thing, that was pathetic. We got to ORE to raid it and did not find what we expected. The whole thing was called off within 2 days when we agreed to settle the differences with AlexDaParrot taking place of Sheddi as King of ORE. My "General" did some rather disgraceful things that I was too silly to end before they started, which ended up with me apologizing profusely to MattMellander and giving him a 4000c compensation for the embarassment I and my citizens caused.

I can give you the whole inside story, though it is not an event I enjoy reminiscing about. And the town was Neverast, kingdom NRoA, only loosely affiliated with KoE, and unaffiliated with Seagate.

@above - I'd love to write stories about Sanctum, though I'm rather biased and a terrible writer.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
ORE and KOE went to war? If you're talking about the KoE+NRoA(NATO2) v ORE thing, that was pathetic.
He's probably talking about the literal mountains of lava running down the countryside next to our WOODEN town and the blockade that cut us off from the rest of the world.

That pissed some people off....

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd be surprised if they do any lore on existing communities. I can see it now, everyone in the town marching on the forums demanding blood because they disliked a single fictional element in someone's story.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
He's probably talking about the literal mountains of lava running down the countryside next to our WOODEN town and the blockade that cut us off from the rest of the world.

That pissed some people off....
YES

And the city was Newerth, I remember that now (strong SeaGate affiliation, we had an embassy there).

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I'd be surprised if they do any lore on existing communities. I can see it now, everyone in the town marching on the forums demanding blood because they disliked a single fictional element in someone's story.
hahaha this is more true than you know
YES

And the city was Newerth, I remember that now (strong SeaGate affiliation, we had an embassy there).
Neverast

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
Looked in the graveyard, it was Neverast, after all.

Actually brought back some really strong memories... Really makes me realize, that even though the server is still awesome, it isn't what it was... <sighs>

Joka10

Soulsand
History repeats itself, especially when people read about it and think "That'd be cool to do..." hint hint Seriously though, reading about what was would probably influence what will be, through inspiration 'n such.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
History repeats itself, especially when people read about it and think "That'd be cool to do..." hint hint Seriously though, reading about what was would probably influence what will be, through inspiration 'n such.
I see what you did there.

I think the biggest issue is how challenging it is to make towns nowadays. They are small, expensive... Really, the only advantage of a town is protection. And if that's the only purpose, you really only use it to store items, and maybe go on group expeditions/raids every so often. So you become disassociated with the town, and the town falls apart.

In my opinion, what made the age of sanctum great was the massive creativity that went into the towns. Back then the PvP was actually fun, not because of the PvP aspect, but because diplomacy actually served a purpose.

I also think heroes contributed a small bit. I love heroes, but it seems as if Herocraft is PvP oriented, instead of well-rounded PvP, diplomacy, creativity.