• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Archeology [The Lore Project]

Aetosion

Obsidian
La puta queso hombre, hola adios muchacho! Perro un pequito, vamanos, rapidos! Torros!

^ My knowledge of spanish

Joka10

Soulsand
Puto in Latin means "I think".

No I did not use googletranslate... they make us learn Latin at school. Almost finished with second year...

Anyway... how did this thread turn into Spanish...

Joka10

Soulsand
Yo no habla Espanol

Again, no googletranslate. I memorized how to say I don't speak a lot of languages in those languages because I thought it would be helpful at some point.

#wasteoftime

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
I would imagine it would resemble the Spanish (saber and conocer) and/or French (savoir and connaitre).

Joka10

Soulsand
Latin for "I think"? Well, it has synonyms, just like English. Cogito is one... The closest thing to saber/savoir I can think of is salve, which is greetings. Conocer/connaitre would be conor, meaning I try.

again though... how did this get to be a language conversation...

Joka10

Soulsand
Oh. Latin for to know is scio (well technically that's I know, but the infinitive is scire, if you want exact). I don't know of any synonyms. While I'm sure there are some, I don't know what they are. Only 2 years of Latin... enough to be pretty good, but not perfect.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
Spanish for "I think" is "pienso," so similar to the latin (it's latin based, after all).

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Okay, I looked over the Archeology info, and everything still seems up to date.

I also went through the posts I had missed. Lore of individual communities is actually something I had worked on in the past and incorporated into cannon. I didn't post it in here, although maybe I should. Instead, I added it all to this section of the wiki: http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/History (look under Zeal). There is a buried thread about it in the section, however I will again open up submissions for town/city/guild 'lore' pending review. I think what I'll do is create a 'Lorelings' group and do town history through there: http://herocraftonline.com/main/cz-groups/lorelings.9/group-detail This should help keep this forum cleaner.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Classes

• Paladin - Souls who choose the path of the Paladin are righteous warriors, using their strength of will to drive their attacks. These warriors use the power of their conviction to drive their blows, some of the stronger ones even able to channel their burning wrath through their sword. Their complete confidence and drive makes them able to withstand the hardest blows, even seeming to completely renew themselves in the heat of battle. Paladins were created with the strong pull of the souls who wished to stand up in front of their enemy as a bastion of diamond and steel, protecting their companions and smiting their foes with an almost holy fervor.
  • Dreadknight - Where Paladins are seen as a beacon of hope and courage, Dreadknights are feared as dark and dangerous fighters. Their bloody axes are a testament to their dark devotion. Dreadknights are able to feed upon the life-force of others, inflicting the fear of death on even the bravest of souls. Terrors on the battlefield, they can chill their opponents to the bone, shaking their confidence and reducing their ability to fight. The unyielding nature of these warriors is a force to be respected, and feared.
  • Samurai - Not all warriors need to call upon near magical abilities to fight. There are those who feel that controlling the body and mind of the self is more important than any magical ties to the enemy. Samurai train hard in the ways of the blade, experts at parrying attacks and bleeding opponents. Fast and hard-hitting, these blade-masters can turn any assault into a flailing mess, slipping through opening to land a mortal strike.
  • Dragoon - There were eager souls, wishing to take the battle to the enemy rather than wait for the blows to come. They would leap into battle, using sharpened spears to gouge and slash at their targets. These became the first Dragoons, warriors adept at pouncing from a distance, and bursts of speed to close distances with the opposition. They are the first to engage any fight, and beg a well known phrase to be altered to: "Look before THEY leap".
  • Ninja - Not all of the fighting souls enjoy being in the thick of battle, or even to be seen. Those rogues who wish a silent death on their targets are Ninjas. Sneaking by with poisoned blades, they use the element of surprise to catch their prey off-guard and kill quickly. Some Ninjas are rumored to be able to hide in plain sight, unseen by anyone until it is much too late. For once you hear the whistling of their blade, you are already dead.
  • Ranger - Masters of the bow and the wilderness, Rangers are the hunters of this world. These souls are valued not only for their fighting prowess, but their ability to track any target, no matter how hard it tries to hide. Marksmen in their own right, with arrows both poisonous and combustible, these souls of the wild can follow for any distance, waiting for the right moment to send an arrow whistling towards their mark.
  • Runeblade - Warriors channel their might through their bodies, and magicians through their minds. However, the elite group of martial artists known as the Runeblades channel their power through their weapon itself. Harnessing fire, ice, and poison among others, they are able to modify their weapon to suit their need, in addition to maing their foe vulnerable to all magical energy through a similar channeled ability.
  • Bard - Charismatic souls, leaders in their own right, Bards are souls who wish to aid and direct. With their War-Chants and Battle-Shouts, they inspire their allies to greatness. Admired by their compatriots, respected by their foes, they have been known to rally forces from the brink of defeat back to victory. Often able to use their influencing voices in politics, these souls are the vocal power in the Multiverse.
  • Geomancer - All souls feel a connection to what is important, what drives them. Some of those became entranced by the elements of nature, wishing to wield them as their own. And thus, the geomancer was born. Masters of fire and ice, they tear through the battlefield with waves of burning flames, while ensnaring foes with the coldness of ice. Protecting themselves with their magics, they are formidable foes in open warfare, and wish only to make those who stand before them bow under the weight of their oppressive heat.
    • This has to be Pyromancer now
  • Wizard - Where Geomancers control fire and ice, Wizards have managed to collect the fury of thunder, calling down lighting to shock and burn their targets. They are masters of travel, able to teleport themselves and groups over large distances in the blink of an eye. Not to be stopped at one application, however, they have also the ability to make smaller jumps, teleporting themselves to a nearby location to gain a tactical advantage over others. Thunderous incantations are a sign of their rage, which they can and will unleash should you anger them
    • Edit for Geo -> Pyro changes
  • Necromancer - Not all souls are content with their desire to control the life of the world. Many souls saw it more fit to control death and its intricacies. These souls are the necromancers. They understand that life is just a fragile state of being, and know how to shatter and control that state. Through rituals of sacrifice, they can empower others with their dark energy, or summon the undead to do their bidding. They are also the sole gatekeepers of the Nether, a world created in antithesis of what the souls would call home, a land of darkness and heat and pain. A necromancer can see the threads of your life, and can pull them to suit their dark need.
  • Enchanter - Enchanters are the mischievous casters, the ones who wish not to directly harm their opponent, but to harass and misdirect them. They can remove magical enchantments, as well as summon food to them. A favorite trick of the enchanter is to summon a pig for their unlucky opponent, magically binding them to it and forcing them to ride it around for the amusement of the Enchanter. They work with illusions, making souls not feel the exhaustion of battle, allowing them to fight more vigorously for longer periods of time. These souls live to enchant others, either with a positive boon or for negative effect.
    • Needs to be Beguiler, and change name throughout paragraph.
  • Cleric - Clerics are the guardians of the Multiverse. These souls wished nothing more than to protect others, so this ability they were given. Clerics travel in the company of others, aiding them in both combat and support. Rumor has it that some Clerics are such devotees of life, they can pull souls back from the brink of death and resurrect their fallen allies. With their weapons and their magics, a cleric is a powerful ally, and an equally powerful enemy.
  • Mystic - Nature is constantly in a state of renewal. Things die, and other grow in their place. Many healers realized this powerful cycle, and the sect of Mystics were created. They study the way of plants, using the knowledge of life they gain to heal and renew those who need it. Able to cleanse a weakened soul, these Druids have a command over the gift of life that is not matched by any other soul.
  • Bloodmage - Bloodmages are healers that have taken a different perspective on their profession. They feel that a soul should not be healed simply because it is needed, an equal and opposite sacrifice should be made. These are souls devoted to balance, giving their blood as a catalyst for the regeneration of others. This close connection with the body's fluids allow them to alter the lifeblood of others, if needed, cursing their enemy and forcing their body to expel enchantments. Bloodmages fear not the red of blood, because to them it is a symbol of a noble sacrifice, not of impending death.
  • Disciple - There are some souls who feel that a dependence on unnatural weapons is a form of weakness, and that one should rely on nothing other than themselves to survive. These are the Monks, hardened souls who are experts in the way of hand-to-hand combat. They channel their life force, not through magic or iron, but as a living energy that can heal and punish. Deadly with fists, they can invoke this energy through them to send their opponents tumbling off into the distance. Be wary for the unarmed traveler, for the soul which carries no weapon may be the most dangerous of all.
  • Crafters - While many wish it were so, most souls can not make a living out of fighting alone. They need a profession to fund them, a trade skill to help them and their community flourish. Souls tend to focus on one specific set of skills, whether it be tending crops and animals as a farmer, creating mechanical contraptions as an engineer, or spending their time underground as a miner. Some combatants even go so far as to become masters in their trade, true souls-of-all-trades.
Even within this multitude of souls, there are those which stand out. The first of their kind are the Masters. They are seen by others as the elders of the world, the ones who first made this place their own. There is only one of each hero, and their presence can mean either great things are about to occur, or a great destruction is imminent.

Nope Alator. ;)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
>.< Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1369134212,1363302913][/DOUBLEPOST]Ever wonder how Warshard was discovered? Read Bastion's history and find out!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Was looking over this to see if anything needs updating, and on a whim translated it it through gizoogle.net.

Full translation (NSFW-language): http://www.gizoogle.net/tranzizzle.php?search=http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/herocraft-archeology-the-lore-project.6551/&se=Go Git Dis Shiznit

Anywho, it is still up to date, not to write some more of Dragonsfire!

(Oh, I need more Loremasters for upcoming projects. Go ahead and apply.)
I like the part where Kain is described as "schmoooove".

Northac

Obsidian
I believe there should be an update to this, a section on how the world was attacked by dark forces seeking to forever destroy it, not just control it (yes i am refering to the attacks on the server) Would make for a good section on how the heros banded together to help support Kainzo and the rest with the fight to save the world

{Edit} Had a thought, if you would like I could type up the "Comming of the Darkness" section (the attacks) I have a few ideas that may be a good read, of course id want you to go over them first, this is after all your project, but i figured updateing it to include that would be cool

Last edited: