• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Archeology [The Lore Project]

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Cool, I'll take a look at it.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Added Notable Enemy: Asgar Serran, Flame of the East. Thanks to Weynard for the concept. ALso see his full story in the History section of the wiki!

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
DUDE... we should do alters throughout the world as well as dungeons and what not. Like a statue of someone being bestowed with the banhammer.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
DUDE... we should do alters throughout the world as well as dungeons and what not. Like a statue of someone being bestowed with the banhammer.

Yep. Maybe a landscaping team? Oh wait, we have architects already. But nonetheless having a group of people that build lore-related structures would definitely be awesome!
On that note, ruining inactive towns and structures instead of just regenerating the terrain would allow anyone to revive the place after a while with a whole new level of immersion.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah, it would be an interesting idea. What would you suggest to build? Monuments to past battles? Hideouts of evil creepies?

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, it would be an interesting idea. What would you suggest to build? Monuments to past battles? Hideouts of evil creepies?

In light of Skyrim, the first things that come to mind are obviously temples, shrines, caves or graves- each with it's own lore. Their story wouldn't need to be known, adventurers could just be given certain scraps of information about the history of the place as they explore it.
Think of it as a mix between the Loremasters, the Dungeon Team and the Architects.

Then of course there are also many more possibilities, like ruined castles or keeps and whatever else you could think of.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Now that 3.0 and Dragongarde is released, I can update this with the confirmed changes. Will take a few days as I'm also overhauling the wiki again.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Updated for the Destruction of Zeal and exodus to Dragongarde, with some minor tweaks because of class changes. Beastmasters will not be ret-conned in stories, but will not exist as a path in Dragongarde+.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Damn straight. Everyone flee to Dragongarde, I'll take care of all y'all. In spirit, of course. I didn't lay so much as a single block of dirt to build the city.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
Something I noticed:
This thread describes heroes as a creation during the Zeal era in order to destroy Dagith.
In Requiem, the Heroes existed in Sanctum as a sort of ancient, mythical entity (supposedly rediscovered by stronghold first, and then later, the main characters of his fiction).

So, I'm confused.

Nevermind, strong explained it to me.

Joka10

Soulsand
This is really cool. I love the lore of this server; it's awesome. You do a great job of explaining technical issues like the awful Alpha lag with stories. That's a hard thing to do. I've written lore for other servers and I had trouble with that... You've got skills.

However, I'd kinda like to see a legit history... not just overviews of the worlds and the switches between them, but deeper, more detailed. I've been playing MC since months before this server first began (before Alpha SMP, even...), but I didn't join until mid-January of this year. Looking around these forums, I can tell I missed a LOT. I wanna know what happened before I came here. I look around the forums and see little snippets about things like the Madlum battle and videos of unknown skylines, and I just want to know more about them, but I can't find anything else about them.

Some group of people should try to get info from as far back as possible about as much as possible and compile it together. Tiny raids that amount to nothing can be omitted, as well as other equally small stuff. What needs to be there are descriptions of the various towns with images and videos, if any exist. If a huge city was sacked, that should be there. Stories of the rises and falls of the various kingdoms need to be recorded. Huge wars need to be written about. All the big stuff like that should be recorded somewhere. Little things aren't neccessary. But any memory that inspires awe in the minds of many should be recorded to inspire awe in the minds of more. Reading about how there were big wars in Zeal is great. However, reading about those big wars themselves would be even better. The last thing to do would be to interpret it into lore. It wouldn't be so deep that it did things like add airships in, like stronghold's story (Amazing story, btw), but it would be deep enough that a random person reading it wouldn't recognize it as a computer game. Once that's all done, you've got a truly epic piece of work. Not only would it make a fun read because of the fantasy style it'd be written in, it would also be a truthful, in-depth record of the server's history for old players to read to remember good ol' times and for new players to read to recognize and understand the amazingness they're logging into.

How would you do it? Well, set up a thread for old players to write down some of the biggest events they remember. Perhaps providing an incentive for participation would help bring out the memories of more. Then, ask around about the individual events so that more people can give perspective to it. Next, ask for images, videos, and stuff like that. Searching Youtube would help. I did a quick search for Herocraft and found a few references to the raid of Shiruki or something. Big city, I think. Penultimately, get some descriptions and visual resources for various towns (Small, shortlived ones that did nothing much overall could be omitted. Basically anything referred to in the history should be described, but anything else could be omitted.) Copying down thread links onto a word document for future use would be helpful. Lastly, compile it all together. The history would be put in some semblance of chronological order, with the town info afterwards. Adding some pictures of the maps themselves (if any exist) with towns highlighted would be helpful to the reader. Make it look like lore, update it as more stuff happens, and you're done! Yes, it'd be really hard and time-consuming, but it would be well worth it. Well, I think so, at least.

You'd certainly need a team, and if you actually wanna do it, you should probably start ASAP. People are quitting every day (Possibly more are joining every day, but they wouldn't know about the past to be at all helpful), and with them go sources of the history. It should be done before none remain who know of it. The server's been around, like, 2 years. That's one for the recordbooks. A lotta stuff's happened. I doubt anyone wants it to all be forgotten.

Sorry my ideas are so long-winded. They're generally worth at least a skimthrough, though.

Joka10

Soulsand
snip

Fuuuuuuu double post, and a long one at that... trying to fix, crappy mobile device (same reason for lack of spacing). Fml.

snip

flipping mobile devices.

why isn't there a delete button.

even my apology for double post double posted.

Joka10

Soulsand
Edited to look less like a wall of text. Not much better... but certainly more readable!

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Edited to look less like a wall of text. Not much better... but certainly more readable!
If you're intrested in The Lore Project, hit me up. Think of me as the crippled old Loremaster who rarely shows his face in game. @Alator (who is currently MIA) and I are the masterminds behind this entire project. As far as a legit history, let me say that I'd rather rewrite a new one than record the current one.

Either way, I'm glad people are taking interest