• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft 8.0 - War of Souls - Complete Reset! 09/04/15

xMJay

Portal
so, im kind of in the dark about these new classes, if someone could fill me in it would be great.

Is it going to greatly hinder people who don't want to spend time grinding classes if they dont pick up the t3? Are all of the tournaments going to be 5 players stacking t3s?
t3s are a large source of income for the server

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
UGh, the pve side is what attracted me to the server in the first place. I really hope you rethink this idea. I have neither the system to pvp (my computer lags like its having a seizure) nor the inclination to improve my system when I chose a server to fit what I am available to play and now suddenly it wants to go all pvp.
Thiseus, Herocraft started with all-PvP maps, from its very first Zeal, to Dragongarde, to Bastion, then to the 3/4ths of Haven, then PvE worlds were added and the population crashed and burned like no tomorrow.

Players older then me correct me on the previous maps I weren't on.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Thiseus, Herocraft started with all-PvP maps, from its very first Zeal, to Dragongarde, to Bastion, then to the 3/4ths of Haven, then PvE worlds were added and the population crashed and burned like no tomorrow.

Before Zeal there was sanctum, then 2 smaller maps before that I believe, but everything else is right.

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7

three (kind of two) maps before zeal as well. Everything up to Heaven was 100% PVP. (excluding spawn, graveyards and in the later maps low levels.)

In fact i remember Kainzo himself making fun of people complaining about the PVP telling them this server wasn't "Kitty craft".

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
got this one fixed why u think I'm on it dumbass add me u slut
"fixed"
dfa278967a.jpg

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7

Yeah, Zeal was the first HEROES map. Before that was good ol' vanilla Minecraft. I didn't play on the map(s) before Sanctum (I believe the one before Sanctum was called Castle) but I played for the majority of Sanctum. Sanctum didn't have PvP in towns -- In fact I think PvP was enabled/disabled by the mayors/viceroys/kings/etc. who ran the towns. Most towns opted for PvP-off though. It was a massive change to Zeal and I think it was pretty unanimous among the community that it was for the better to have PvP everywhere.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Also, will this be the map that item names will finally show up in death messages? I think that with properly enforced and well structured rules they could be safely re-added. They just added more depth and creativity into the death messages, and it seemed pretty unanimous the last time it was brought up that it was wanted.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Also, will this be the map that item names will finally show up in death messages? I think that with properly enforced and well structured rules they could be safely re-added. They just added more depth and creativity into the death messages, and it seemed pretty unanimous the last time it was brought up that it was wanted.
At the end of valorium, when players killed other players, it would say "GreekCrackShot executed FranklyDamon1996 with THE AXE OF MURDEROUS DELIGHT"

So, I'm going to assume it's the same deal next map.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
At the end of valorium, when players killed other players, it would say "GreekCrackShot executed FranklyDamon1996 with THE AXE OF MURDEROUS DELIGHT"

So, I'm going to assume it's the same deal next map.
Aren't these the custom items that were added in though?
I'm talking about using the engraved items. I am obviously slightly out of the loop as I have been banned for the last month and a half, but from what people have told me engraved names still do not show in chat. I'm not sure if you played during Bastion greek, but when engrave was added you could essentially just name your weapon whatever you want. It was hilarious to see some of the funny names that people had for their weapons, but I believe the whole system got removed because people were using the PvP messages to harass and abuse other players, as well as spread racist/homophobic/you name it messages.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Aren't these the custom items that were added in though?
I'm talking about using the engraved items. I am obviously slightly out of the loop as I have been banned for the last month and a half, but from what people have told me engraved names still do not show in chat. I'm not sure if you played during Bastion greek, but when engrave was added you could essentially just name your weapon whatever you want. It was hilarious to see some of the funny names that people had for their weapons, but I believe the whole system got removed because people were using the PvP messages to harass and abuse other players, as well as spread racist/homophobic/you name it messages.
Actually that's new to me completely. I didn't even know you could name your own items via engraving. I haven't seen anything on that but if it led to the harassment of other players and was abused in general then I would assume it's not coming back.

If Kainzo said anything along the lines of "This is why we can't have nice things" upon removing it, then it's never going to come back... see: /me removed from donor perks back in Sanctum lol

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Yeah, Zeal was the first HEROES map. Before that was good ol' vanilla Minecraft. I didn't play on the map(s) before Sanctum (I believe the one before Sanctum was called Castle) but I played for the majority of Sanctum. Sanctum didn't have PvP in towns -- In fact I think PvP was enabled/disabled by the mayors/viceroys/kings/etc. who ran the towns. Most towns opted for PvP-off though. It was a massive change to Zeal and I think it was pretty unanimous among the community that it was for the better to have PvP everywhere.
Town>Castle>Sanctum>Zeal>DG>Bastion>Haven>Aegis>Val>New right?