• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Hamlet] One - Communist Collective [Neutral]

Any and every attempt at Communism in the real world on a large scale will fail. But I know that this is a very real possibility, and I wish you much success in your endeavors. Actually, I'm quite interested in joining you, but two things depend on it. 1) Whether or not I can get interested once again in Herocraft. 2) Whether or not you would be willing to grant me a chance to prove that I am trustworthy (I only say that because I don't think anyone knows me well enough).

I do find it amusing that you talk about being peaceful and also about hanging all the dissenters.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
To address your first concern, I can't do much for you. To the second concern of yours, I think have seen your name around... If you just get in teamspeak and get to know us I'm sure something can be worked out.

Anyway, back to why we will succeed in this environment, is that why in the real world, many of the communist nations have been fairly large (Think Russia) and it was too hard to control that much. While we only will have a max of about 50 citizens, and that is why I believe we shall prevail in the grand scheme of things.

Carlover1234

Obsidian
I think your town will be very successful and I love the concept. But won't you fear that in the future people might try to overthrow you because they want more freedom or something? Other than that I wish your town good luck and may you prosper!:)Also to add, how are the houses?

To address your first concern, I can't do much for you. To the second concern of yours, I think have seen your name around... If you just get in teamspeak and get to know us I'm sure something can be worked out.

Anyway, back to why we will succeed in this environment, is that why in the real world, many of the communist nations have been fairly large (Think Russia) and it was too hard to control that much. While we only will have a max of about 50 citizens, and that is why I believe we shall prevail in the grand scheme of things.
Haha, no, I wasn't asking for your help on my first "concern".
And I agree with your second paragraph 100%. Chances of Communism working in the real world? 0%. Chances of Communism working on an entire server? Unlikely, but possible. Chances of Communism working in your city? Very high, IMO.
Especially if you hang dissenters. ;)

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
what stops us from leaving?

Loyalty and wanting to have fun with everyone =P. Anyone who joins is free to leave if they want, as long as they do not try to steal.

Also to add, how are the houses?

The houses are quite nice in my opinion, especially in a large group from the outside. I will see about getting some screen shots in the OP tomorrow/later today(depending on your time zone) of the houses and some other buildings.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Hm, could somebody PM me that private server IP? If it's public for all of CC

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Just give me a second to whitelist and PM you the server IP, my computer is currently being funky.

We are almost done with the main town building that takes up around 40% of the town including the housing around it. If anyone has design ideas or wants to help, start sending some PMs around, join the build server, or get on Teamspeak. Have a great New Years guys, let's get ready to make a great town.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
The work on the building server is going well so far. =P
35n4ifc.jpg

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Sorry for the double post, but here is an actual update of the town with labels detailing the different areas.
eufpsm.jpg

The entire town also has a massive area under it. It looks pretty nice so far and will have a large railway hub to any possible future towns as well as more storage, part of the vault, future group builds, and anything else we may need more space for.

^ Built ENTIRELY w/o world edit or any spawned items as you CAN CLEARLY tell with the screenshot
...So? As I understand it, they're on a test server of sorts as they plan their city layout for the Dragon map. It's not like they'll be able to cheat on the Herocraft server, so what's your problem?[/looks stupid]