• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Hamlet] One - Communist Collective [Neutral]

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
@Diffuse
I answered your main question about how we will prevent people from hoarding due to a delay in distribution in the main post, thanks for the input!

Also, @shadowhand Yes, that is exactly our plan. Selective recruitment and dedicated members will make this happen. The Collective is not seeking a mindless swarm of underlings, but instead a coherent, like-minded group of individuals who want to accomplish great things efficiently as a community instead of playing in a "community" only to be acting as a lone wolf much of the time. We are working to build a sub-community that is unlike any other because the Collective has made it unlike any other. If people feel as though they are part of the group and that going somewhere else would be detrimental towards their progress on the server, we strongly believe that they will make every effort stay in the Collective and to aid in making the Collective better than it was when they joined.

I'd just like to make a side point that is semi-related to a point you made shadow about having solid leadership. Many of the people in our community have been on the server for multiple maps, and have held some sort of leadership position in their respective towns. Thus, we believe that almost any of our members [Controlling for time constraints, other non-ingame items] have the ability to lead the Collective. Why build a town upon one solid cornerstone when the whole foundation can be strong?

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Yes actually I agree with Alex, I have been on the server for roughly a year, as have many of our members and I have seen my fair share of towns. Artemis (Alex was mayor) was, and always will be my favorite. We never lost rings, lost many citizens and quickly became a powerful nation, creating the ORE kingdom. The strong base of which he speaks of is very true indeed, being that I have held many positions of authority myself. Some of which but are not limited to the following: "Banker of Artemis" "SIC of Ares" "Acting Duke of Guardia" "Bloodline master" "Shiroku captian (On Theassassin7890)" and now "Out of Ashes leader". I find myself QUALIFIED, but not willing to lead, I am a much better SIC. Cough Cough Alex... SIC. I think that with a strong base we can get all of our goals accomplished, and hopefully have quite the fun ride along the way.

Also, it has come to my understanding that some of our members, me included were quite known for their PvP ready-ness and I assure you that the Communist Collective will NOT be a pvp oriented town... For 2 reasons, One it is NOT efficient to be in war-time. Two, I get bored of it quick... Bloodline lasted for 2 weeks as did Out of Ashes. I promise to not only those within my town, but to the entire community that I will be a peaceful and EQUAL citizen of the Communist state.

I wish everyone a merry christmas... I've been on here for a full YEAR now and it has been a very fun ride.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
I will be informing my citizens to send in their apps with their referral reading "Howdanrocks (Shiroku)" to inform you that they are from my town.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
@howdanrocks
Ok, sounds excellent! The spread sheet is actually filling up faster than we originally expected, but we still have plenty of room with our planned housing to easily accommodate everyone. Our current city plan has accommodations for around 40 people without having to add on housing, and housing can then be added on with little to no annoyance.

Anyone who has been checking into this thread for various reasons, feel free to ask questions, make points, or just engage in friendly banter. Also, you can usually find a group of people who are related to the project on Teamspeak as we frequent it often.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
@AlexDaParrot

Can you reserve around 10 spots for us? Since I do not know how busy some of my citizens are right now, considering a lot of people go on vacation now.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
@howdanrocks

If they are unable to come on during the launch or for a time period after that, just get them to sign-up and the application process will be the same. If you are worried about the city filling up and there being no housing available, don't. There will be enough housing available at every point in the future due to our inherent condensed structure that allows us to cram a plethora of people into a minuscule space. We'd need to be well over 60 or 70 citizens in order to start even feeling some strain from our housing districts. But, if we have 60-70 people we can get city and alleviate the problem as well as gain immense wealth due to a gigantic work force. All in all, don't worry about them "Not being able to get in" due to structural failures of the city, there will be room for qualified applicants.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
@AlexDaParrot

I did some calculations and discovered that, if we started teraforming on sea level and dug down the required number of blocks and if all of those blocks were all stone with no caves and we had 25 citizens working on it it would only take around 3-3.5 hours of straight digging for a citizen to dig his share and would require around 4.5 stacks of iron for 95 picks per citizen.

EDIT: And this is calculating the most teraforming we'd have to do, not the minimum. So odds are it will take less time than I calculated.

Math is fun!

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Yes, that does not take into effect caves and such, which I am sure there are plenty of in the 1.0 terrain. This is gonna be a fun town.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
So tempting to join... but I'm helping organize, but not lead, a town/Kingdom/Empire. So, I'll wish you the best of luck! I really will want to visit this place at some point. It seems like it is going to be quite epic.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
Best of luck to you! Hopefully thanks to towns like this the next map will be a peaceful, efficient one. I myself will be working a a separate town, too, though.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Acceptance letters have been sent out to all who qualified and were accepted. We will continue sending acceptance letters as people apply.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Because lifts are vastly inefficient in terms of security, we have been working on an elevator instead. A lot of interesting ideas going around! Almost time for our little Collective to start on a new server, excellent!