• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Dev Diary] Whats keeping us busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What do you mean by "custom-items"?

A vanilla server?! What kind of community are you trying to get for that? I'd love to be a part of that.

Custom-weapons/armors items similar to Diablo.

Vanilla-SPOUT, meaning we'll be rushing a very bare system to test out spout-server before it goes to herocraft.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm sure you already know, Kainzo, but as of today's snapshot items can now have attribute modifiers. I'm sure that it can be used to HeroDrop's advantage.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Journal #17:
We're preparing for a lobby for Herocraft, here's a small glimpse of the in-testing lobby :)
pGWFEMX.jpg

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Journal #19:
We're working on adding Runestones to Herocraft for a secondary recall/mark system via professions!

Skill Runestones (Profession based)
Abilities to mark an item with the current location of the caster for later use and trade to others. These runestones will be used in conjunction with Skill Recall, the player will hold the runestone in hand and use /skill recall.

NwjIPCw.png

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Read this entire thread just now. I hadn't realised everything that is in the works. Pretty fucking exciting.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Will the recall with rune still cost redstone? Also will they share the same cd?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Runestone Update:

UNwQHpe.png

How do I use it?
All users will now be able to obtain Runestones created by Scribes! Runestones are magical blocks that have been imbued with a location from the scribe. Simply hold a runestone in your hand and use the recall magic (/skill recall) to teleport to that runestone's location.

nkisoDV.pngp

What types are there?
(These may change before release)
Minor Runestone: 5/5 uses​
Major Runestone: 10/10 uses​
Giant Runestone: 25/25 uses​
Ancient Runestone: Unlimited uses​

Can I recharge them?
Runestones come in various tiers that have different charge amounts. The higher the tier of the runestone, the more charges it has before it needs to be recharged by the Scribe with the /skill rechargerunes ability.

Can I add notes?
The scribe also has the ability to imbue a custom-note to the runestone to signify the location that has been set for either themselves or the user wanting the runestone created.

How much will they cost?
Please note that the only method to create and recharge runestones will take costly materials purchased through the DHX or found off other players. If you want to go back to your normal marked location, just simply use recall without holding a runestone and you'll return to your marked location.

Status
Not open for further replies.