• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Dev Diary] Whats keeping us busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
My hype just plummeted.
Cost to create will be somewhat high (at least higher than your every day item) because the utility is very high.

The re-charge utility will probably be something more basic. This is not a "live" system yet and it is still receiving tweaks.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Runestone Update:

UNwQHpe.png

How do I use it?
All users will now be able to obtain Runestones created by Scribes! Runestones are magical blocks that have been imbued with a location from the scribe. Simply hold a runestone in your hand and use the recall magic (/skill recall) to teleport to that runestone's location.

nkisoDV.pngp

What types are there?
(These may change before release)
Minor Runestone: 5/5 uses​
Major Runestone: 10/10 uses​
Giant Runestone: 25/25 uses​
Ancient Runestone: Unlimited uses​

Can I recharge them?
Runestones come in various tiers that have different charge amounts. The higher the tier of the runestone, the more charges it has before it needs to be recharged by the Scribe with the /skill rechargerunes ability.

Can I add notes?
The scribe also has the ability to imbue a custom-note to the runestone to signify the location that has been set for either themselves or the user wanting the runestone created.

How much will they cost?
Please note that the only method to create and recharge runestones will take costly materials purchased through the DHX or found off other players. If you want to go back to your normal marked location, just simply use recall without holding a runestone and you'll return to your marked location.

Say I kill someone and take their runestone. Can the recall location link to that runestone be changed ? If so, would it be cheaper to change than to make a new one ?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Say I kill someone and take their runestone. Can the recall location link to that runestone be changed ? If so, would it be cheaper to change than to make a new one ?
No, once a runestone is set, you cannot simply "overwrite" it. This is by design so Runestones can't be griefed and truly never removed unless thrown into lava, etc.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
No, once a runestone is set, you cannot simply "overwrite" it. This is by design so Runestones can't be griefed and truly never removed unless thrown into lava, etc.

Ok but you can use any runestone you find correct ? You just may not know where you are going.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Ok but you can use any runestone you find correct ? You just may not know where you are going.
Yes, anyone can use any Runestone with charge. You can know where you are going based on the coordinates shown when you hover over the Runestone, or if a Scribe makes a note of where it takes you.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Anyone will be able to use any runestone as long as they're not trying to get into a town they don't have access to (Guests of course are exempt as they can build). By access, I mean whether the player can build at that location, if they can't, then they're going to get a nice FAIL message :D.

Myaras

Gold
Anyone will be able to use any runestone as long as they're not trying to get into a town they don't have access to (Guests of course are exempt as they can build). By access, I mean whether the player can build at that location, if they can't, then they're going to get a nice FAIL message :D.
Thank goodness...

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3

Definitely a relief, dont want people selling ports out to town vaults etc :(

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9

So you can't have a runestone for spawn ? Hmmm - guess us wizards will still have to port you.

So you can have a recall and runestone for the same location with different timers correct ?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
So you can't have a runestone for spawn ? Hmmm - guess us wizards will still have to port you.

So you can have a recall and runestone for the same location with different timers correct ?

Since it uses the /skill recall ability I would have to assume it's on the same timer. Gabi?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Be cool if they kept a CD on a per-runestone basis. Wonder if they could store some metadata of what time (as in System.currentTimeMillis() kind of time) and calculate the CD on use from there...

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Aww. There goes my dream of making a Runestone to every town and selling them to raiders :(
By the way, can you use a Runestone to get into a town that is a part of an official kingdom, even if you only have guest perms to the town but not in the kingdom?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7

Again, this is only to towns, not residences, not worldguard regions. Making the runestones to shops are allowed as the player is able to build, using the runestone doesn't check for worldguard regions.

Aww. There goes my dream of making a Runestone to every town and selling them to raiders :(
By the way, can you use a Runestone to get into a town that is a part of an official kingdom, even if you only have guest perms to the town but not in the kingdom?
Again, it only checks if you can build at the coordinates, so if you are a guest to the town, then you have access to use the runestone.

Be cool if they kept a CD on a per-runestone basis. Wonder if they could store some metadata of what time (as in System.currentTimeMillis() kind of time) and calculate the CD on use from there...
I could see players abusing that to teleport between town/residence constantly provided they had enough runestones.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Could you simply have a Recall timer (for the recall - mark combo) and a Runestone timer for a runestone use. Thus you can recall and use a runestone right away again, but then are stuck on cooldowns.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Could you simply have a Recall timer (for the recall - mark combo) and a Runestone timer for a runestone use. Thus you can recall and use a runestone right away again, but then are stuck on cooldowns.

Look at the 5 posts above you about the exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.