• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Dev Diary] Whats keeping us busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
The dark blue is unreadable - completely for me, and I am not color blind or anything. how about if we go from neutral/white, to green to light blue than to the gold? Otherwise, you will be able to see that the name is blue, but you won't be able to read it at all...

~Ravynn~
Did you try seeing this in game?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
not as names over players, but in chat it is unreadable....
It would only affect the names over players. Chat is a whole different story (It'll grant titles much like Warrior or Healer or Architect or)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Jounal #8:
Monthly Voter Totals! Thanks to some awesome folks, I was able to push the votes to the MySQL database for votes and now I can run a query to see who's in the lead for this month! The next thing we're going to do is try and make the webserver pick up this and output it in live-stats for you guys to see. Below is the list since last night. I had to reset them from april 1st to now to make sure its easier to handle.

6Dw4Dps.png

Oudaiesty

Legacy Supporter 6
I know Diablo drops were mentioned in this forum, any idea on how close we are to having it?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I know Diablo drops were mentioned in this forum, any idea on how close we are to having it?
DiabloDrops specifically was discontinued. We're investigating a few different plugins to replace the idea.

10apes

Gold
Jounal #8:
Monthly Voter Totals! Thanks to some awesome folks, I was able to push the votes to the MySQL database for votes and now I can run a query to see who's in the lead for this month! The next thing we're going to do is try and make the webserver pick up this and output it in live-stats for you guys to see. Below is the list since last night. I had to reset them from april 1st to now to make sure its easier to handle.

6Dw4Dps.png

What happens of there is a lot of people tied for first place?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Journal #9
Small update for Karma titles.
Whenever you achieve a new karma rank - your in-game name will change as well as your title to the pre-set titles we have in the configs. Here's a snippet!

YTwy5pO.png

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I am very excited for this system and I have high hopes that this and the dungeons will add a lot more to the world of Bastion!

Thanks Kainzo!

TheSojourner

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't know how else to say this but we could never get that working as HC can never run on forge without requiring every single player to run forge as well. I know I mentioned this somewhere else before.
I know. A man can dream though. :)

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't know how else to say this but we could never get that working as HC can never run on forge without requiring every single player to run forge as well. I know I mentioned this somewhere else before.
Would it be possible to add something similiar to Heromod and that way have it so people can use them if they use the mod, but arent forced to?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Would it be possible to add something similiar to Heromod and that way have it so people can use them if they use the mod, but arent forced to?
We're trying to use native plugins to Bukkit that allow all clients to see them instead of restricting such a feature to HeroMod. Granted this is still custom to Herocraft and such.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Journal #9:
Karma is in the final stages of testing. Today, we finished writing in the basics of the Karmic modifiers. They vary from PVP Coin Loss on PVP-Death to PVP Experience Gain on PVP-Kills. Right now we have some awesome base structure for Karma Modifiers such that we can apply modifiers for specific cases and it all works very well except when a player dies in an Arena (duels, DeathMatches, etc.). Right now, the only thing lacking is full HeroTitles implementation. This will be fixed in a matter of days :)

Pics!
QXpNhSA.png

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
We're trying to use native plugins to Bukkit that allow all clients to see them instead of restricting such a feature to HeroMod. Granted this is still custom to Herocraft and such.
The same mod that TheSojourner posted has a non-Forge option and is a Bukkit plugin. Scroll down a bit, just above the Spotlight by BebopVox. It still requires that players have it installed clientside as well, but it doesn't require Forge on the server anymore. Of course, what it DOES do is force the PLAYERS to have Forge (I think), so... Might want to get HeroMod working on Forge ASAP. xD

There's also this as well as this.

Journal #9:
Karma is in the final stages of testing. Today, we finished writing in the basics of the Karmic modifiers. They vary from PVP Coin Loss on PVP-Death to PVP Experience Gain on PVP-Kills. Right now we have some awesome base structure for Karma Modifiers such that we can apply modifiers for specific cases and it all works very well except when a player dies in an Arena (duels, DeathMatches, etc.). Right now, the only thing lacking is full HeroTitles implementation. This will be fixed in a matter of days :)

Waittaminute we lose coins on PvP death now? Or is that only for those with evil karma or something?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Waittaminute we lose coins on PvP death now? Or is that only for those with evil karma or something?
Only when your karma levels are high enough for the modifiers to kick in.

Status
Not open for further replies.