• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Dev Diary] Whats keeping us busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
There should be a way to get to higher levels of good without having to hunt down evil players.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
There should be a way to get to higher levels of good without having to hunt down evil players.
There may be sometime soon (in the future) to gain good/evil karma depending on actions (such as flower planting or praying at an alatar to the evil lord and master Brutal vs the altar of the sacred Kainzo that shows up only as a masked entity.

MegaRain95

Stone
I think colors should turn a darker shade depending on karma, like evil has dark shades.

PURE EVIL,Evil 2, Evil 1, Neutral, Good 1, Good 2, Pure Good

Herocraft is getting better and better. Deciding to donate ^_^

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I think colors should turn a darker shade depending on karma, like evil has dark shades.

PURE EVIL,Evil 2, Evil 1, Neutral, Good 1, Good 2, Pure Good

Herocraft is getting better and better. Deciding to donate ^_^
There's no darker red than red, there's no brown and there are 4 levels of each good and evil.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
There's no darker red than red, there's no brown and there are 4 levels of each good and evil.
An question just came in my head,would karma force towns to post what their alignment is based on the karma of most of their town members?

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
An question just came in my head,would karma force towns to post what their alignment is based on the karma of most of their town members?
Or maybe Towns could force their players to follow the aligment, and kick anyone who has the wrong karma. Example: Good would kick Evil karmas from their town.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Nope. Not yet at least. Town alignment isn't really enforced, it's more so of the people looking to be good will usually congregate with other good people. We're probably going to do some interesting thing with hooking into HeroTowns and Karma to do some town information :]

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Journal #7:
We've been quite busy lately, gabizou and I have been hammering out more karma issues and we're starting work on modifiers. I've also had my hand at some world-creation things and wanted to post a screenie!
KMDN0GI.jpg

Amir86

Legacy Supporter 2
Currently the plugin will show players with the following coloring depending on levels. (there are 4 levels of evil and 4 levels of good).

MostEvil Evil3 Evil2 Evil1 Neutral Good1 Good2 Good3 MaxGood

That's about it, remember, we're somewhat limited with the Minecraft colors provided.

The reds "MostEvil" and "Evil3", and the blue "Good2" and "Good3", looks nearly the same color to me, in game if I see a player alone, I won't actually know his extent of good or evil. However, in game, I don't think it will matter that much of the reds and blues differences, but the owners of them may care. :) We'll see the ideas behind those colors and say "kill that mofo" or "omg omg omg run away!".

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The reds "MostEvil" and "Evil3", and the blue "Good2" and "Good3", looks nearly the same color to me, in game if I see a player alone, I won't actually know his extent of good or evil. However, in game, I don't think it will matter that much of the reds and blues differences, but the owners of them may care. :) We'll see the ideas behind those colors and say "kill that mofo" or "omg omg omg run away!".
Yeah ... it will really just make you fear or trust the people.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
The difference doesn't exist other than bolding and underlining. The issue with minecraft color codes is that there aren't many ;)

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
One thing I'm worried about is just boosting karma. Have someone kill someone else to become Evil, then have someone else kill him again and again to become 'good'. Than everyone trusts that person only to get stabbed in the back. xD

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
One thing I'm worried about is just boosting karma. Have someone kill someone else to become Evil, then have someone else kill him again and again to become 'good'. Than everyone trusts that person only to get stabbed in the back. xD
Boosting would be noticed by players/staff and swiftly banned/reset both parties. Although a good reason to write in something like a cooldown for karma gains on the same player (would require logging death kills to Karma gains).

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Boosting would be noticed by players/staff and swiftly banned/reset both parties. Although a good reason to write in something like a cooldown for karma gains on the same player (would require logging death kills to Karma gains).
Having cooldowns would be very good. You could kill a bunch of evil aligned players coming after you for a jump in good karma, but not be able to... shall we say, farm a single evil player.

It could be expanded as well. To take an example from your earlier post about having offerings (Say, flowers) to a good-aligned overdeity (Like Kainzo), there's nothing stopping someone from using bonemeal to grab a bunch of flowers and offering 'em all to Kainzo and gaining massive karma boosts. Something like only being able to make an offering/make a sacrifice once a day would be nice.

Edit: Another question. Will karma count in arenas, battlegrounds, duels and death matches?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Edit: Another question. Will karma count in arenas, battlegrounds, duels and death matches?
Karma will be disabled in arenas, battlegrounds, duels, and death matches. I'm writing Karma to be extensible and modifiable to which some interactions can cancel Karmic events ;)

Voylin

Coal
it's not a rating system. It's definable by the killing you do.

Let me give you an example:

Player A, B and C are all newbs, they have 0 karma.
Player A kills B, A now has -10 karma (evil) and B has 0 karma (neutral).
Player C kills A, C now has 10 karma (good) and A still has -10 karma (evil).
Player B kills C, B now has instead of -10 but rather -12 karma for killing someone good.

Get it? It's more so of a system that defines whether you kill evil doers (like those raiders who constantly kill those noobs) or kill good people. The nametag coloring have a meaning as mentioned.
this is amazing :D lol that makes other people trust other people better, or otherwise lol you've been warned

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Currently the plugin will show players with the following coloring depending on levels. (there are 4 levels of evil and 4 levels of good).

MostEvil Evil3 Evil2 Evil1 Neutral Good1 Good2 Good3 MaxGood

That's about it, remember, we're somewhat limited with the Minecraft colors provided.

The dark blue is unreadable - completely for me, and I am not color blind or anything. how about if we go from neutral/white, to green to light blue than to the gold? Otherwise, you will be able to see that the name is blue, but you won't be able to read it at all...

~Ravynn~

Status
Not open for further replies.